Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       12-07-2005, 8:09 AM Reply   
Anybody have info on this? Do states other than CA have this going on?

http://www.planetnautique.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4540
Old     (deltaboarder)      Join Date: Jan 2005       12-07-2005, 8:24 AM Reply   
I threw mine away. Hopefully they send me a couple more when my jetski's registration comes I didnt even look at them to read that they are "required"
Old     (bankssa)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-08-2005, 6:18 AM Reply   
You guys in Cali get all the fun stuff first... I'm a bit more concerned about Clark Foam going out of business... Some sketchy info but it seems like more CA regulations killed it...
Old     (wakehound)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-12-2005, 2:03 PM Reply   
I got mine, but no where did it say you have to place the stickers on your boat.

I don't plan on putting them on mine.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       12-12-2005, 2:08 PM Reply   
It does state you have to place them on the boat.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-12-2005, 2:44 PM Reply   
I dint read the whole thread but, Did it say some where this was for New boat's 06-07 is this somthing that trickle backwards to older boat's
Old    walt            12-12-2005, 2:48 PM Reply   
My stickers went in the round file.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-12-2005, 3:22 PM Reply   
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQK/is_1_10/ai_n8706213#continue
I hope this links works....
Old     (bobbym)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-12-2005, 3:54 PM Reply   
I tried to find info on the CA DMV about the sitckers, no luck. I did find the bill 2004 AB 2222 talks about the stickers.

613. (a) When a new or used boat is sold in California, the carbon monoxide poisoning warning stickers developed by the Department of Motor Vehicles shall be placed both in the interior of the boat where it is immediately visible to the person driving the boat and on the back of the boat so it is visible to anyone occupying the water behind the boat.
(b) For boats sold by a boat dealer, the dealer shall ensure that both warning stickers have been affixed prior to the completion of the transaction.
(c) For boats sold by individuals, both stickers shall be included in the new registration material provided to the new owner, and the new owner of the boat shall be notified that he or she is required to affix one sticker in the interior of the boat where it is immediately visible to the driver of the boat and a second sticker on the rear of the boat where it is visible to anyone occupying the water behind the boat.
(d) A warning sticker already developed by the boating manufacturer may satisfy the requirements of this section if it has been approved in advance by the department.

614. The Department of Motor Vehicles shall insert the Department of Boating and Waterways' informational brochure and warning sticker about the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning and boats into the boat registration renewal materials mailed by the Department of Motor Vehicles to boat owners every two years. These materials shall instruct boat owners to place the sticker in the boat where it is visible to the person driving the boat.
Old     (bobbym)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-12-2005, 3:58 PM Reply   
So it looks like you don't need have the sticker to use the boat, just to sell.

Found better info..

http://dbw.ca.gov/codanger.asp

Assembly Bill 2222 (Koretz) requires that a set of carbon monoxide warning stickers be placed on the transom and helm of all new and used motorized vessels sold in California beginning May 1, 2005.

Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-12-2005, 4:43 PM Reply   
Stupid California lawmakers...Can't wait to get the warning stickers for my coffee cup...