Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-20-2018, 2:10 PM Reply   
Mastercraft resale? The market has shifted to surfing and master craft got left behind. I realize the new masterctafts surf better than years past but to little to late. Here where I live masterctafts are a hard sell anymore.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       02-20-2018, 2:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by h20king View Post
Mastercraft resale? The market has shifted to surfing and master craft got left behind. I realize the new masterctafts surf better than years past but to little to late. Here where I live masterctafts are a hard sell anymore.
Hate to say it, but..... out of all the brands of inboard boats being built today, there are more sold every year that say “MasterCraft” on the side, than any other brand. Malibu+Axis sells more combined, but not just Malibu (they are fairly close, but not quite).

MC did resist designing boats around primarily surfing for a few years, but that has changed, and is old news. Like it or not, their boats surf excellent, and they are still one of the most recognized name in wake boats.

Sorry, but yes, resale will be better on a 10 year old MC, than a lot of the other, less recognized brands.

Your area might not have many MCs these days, but plenty of areas with nothing but MCs. Same goes for the other big brands. My area is completely void of Malibu’s, but I’m not so ignorant to think they aren’t one of the top, most desired brands out there...... if you look at some of the smaller brands, there are areas of the country that don’t even know what they are...... nobody in my area even knows what a Tige, MB, or Sanger is. There isn’t a dealer for any of them for 100s of miles. Same with Centurion. None of these brands have any dealers in the northeastern US. Plenty of dealers for MC, CC, SC, and Bu, though..... just like the rest of the country.

I’m not saying there is anything wrong with any of the smaller companies, but when 50% of buyers don’t even recognize the brand name, it narrows the buying audience, which makes them sell for less on average. Nothing anyone can do about that..... most buyers don’t educate themselves on what’s out there, before going to buy....