Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (louise)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-21-2013, 4:32 PM Reply   
It has been quite awhile since I visited these pages; however, I have a feeling there are some good suggestions floating around here that will assist me in purchasing a new prop.

Unfortunately, even though I was aware of the drop in water level at the Colorado River, I was not aware of how much and my boat decided to clip a sand bar. Thus, my 13 year-old prop is non-reparable and I am in the market for its replacement

I presently run my 1989 Ski Nautique 2001 on a 3-blade, brass (some call bronze due to the mixture of metal), 1" - 14 x 16 and it pulls 200lb+ men out of the hole with no problem, planes easily (with perfect pass) and can cruise at top speed of 45mph (on smooth water). I predominantly wakeboard; however, a cross-over prop for water skiing is a consideration.

I am looking for today's equivalent wherein I would want a little easier pull out of the hole and I can sacrifice some top end speed (reduction to 40 mph would be fine).

Are there any suggestions on size, blades (3 or 4) and manufacturer that may be a good replacement?

Thank you for your advice as I would like to consider alternatives before letting the moths flutter out of my wallet!

Louise