Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-11-2015, 10:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Always excuses. We wouldn't expect anything less.
So when you spew stats to glorify Romo,before he steps on his dick and chokes out of another playoff game, they matter. But when they reinforce Seattle's dominance, they become "excuses".

At least you and Markj are consistent, I'll give you guys that.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-11-2015, 10:28 AM Reply   
I just hope the cowboys have another opportunity to pound the chickens this year for a SECOND TIME.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-11-2015, 10:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Always excuses. We wouldn't expect anything less.
Yeah, Romo's post season win percentage of .400 is so much better than Wilson's .883. Wilson is 27th all time.. (Postseason- Most wins, least losses, most championships) Romo 86th... Excuses, excuses.....
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-11-2015, 10:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
I just hope the cowboys have another opportunity to pound the chickens this year for a SECOND TIME.
Like the Seahawks pounded the 49ers the last 3 times...
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-11-2015, 12:16 PM Reply   
Seahawks are the best team in the NFL, let there be no doubt!!

Last edited by hatepain; 01-11-2015 at 12:24 PM.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-11-2015, 12:26 PM Reply   
That said (and my pick shows this) Dallas is the second best team in the NFL right now and I hate the phüc out of them!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-11-2015, 1:10 PM Reply   
dammit Bobby. What happened?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-11-2015, 1:10 PM Reply   
You'll always have week six and a bunch of useless stats to look back on Bobby. There's a seat on the bench with the Niners fans for ya.

How do Dallas fans like call reversals now.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-11-2015, 1:11 PM Reply   
That was a catch by dez IMO. Dallas got hosed
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-11-2015, 1:11 PM Reply   
Just kidding!!!! Ha ha ha Bobby, suck it!!!!!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-11-2015, 1:12 PM Reply   
I agree Ian for sure but they deserved that reversal.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-11-2015, 1:18 PM Reply   
That was not a catch. The rule says if you are going to the ground you have to maintain possession. The ball bounced out. Plain as day, it is not a catch. The steps don't matter. The rule might suck but it doesn't change that it was called exactly how the rule is stated.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-11-2015, 1:20 PM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-11-2015, 1:21 PM Reply   
Hey markj, Cowboys are out. So I guess you'll become a Packers fan now, right?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-11-2015, 1:23 PM Reply   
While I agree with the what the rule says Brett I still say that "should" be considered a catch.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-11-2015, 1:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
While I agree with the what the rule says Brett I still say that "should" be considered a catch.
I probably agree with that.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-11-2015, 1:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yep. I really don't see how going up and grabbing the ball, transferring hands, taking 2 or 3 steps and reaching out for the goal line isn't a catch. If he landed a foot further it would have been a TD weather it came loose on the ground or not.

That said, who cares. The Cowboys season ended today, or it ended next Sunday. Big deal.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-11-2015, 1:29 PM Reply   
That incomplete call against Bryant was awful. He was trying to stretch for the end zone! Really bad call.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-11-2015, 1:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead65 View Post
Hey markj, Cowboys are out. So I guess you'll become a Packers fan now, right?
I'm a fan of whatever team is playing the chickens. Unfortunately, we won't get to see another chicken pounding by Dallas this year. Oh well...
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-11-2015, 1:41 PM Reply   
Dez and the Cowboys can suck it! His last catch attempt was just that, a great attempt. Per the rule, it was incomplete. It was plain as day.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Packers play the Hawks. It should be an amazing game. Rogers better figure out a way to get healthy real quick, because the Seattle D is gonna come after him.

Go Hawks!!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-11-2015, 1:47 PM Reply   
Choo choo... Here comes all the what ifs and it aint fairs from the Dallas fans. Pace yourself fellas, you've got the next nine months to bitch about it.

Oh, and you lost to half a quarter back at that.

Hahahahahahahaha!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-11-2015, 1:50 PM Reply   
Seattle/GB will NOT be a good game. It will be a Seattle blow out. If Dallas played them, it would be a good game and Dallas would come out on top for the second time this season. No point in thinking about it now...
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-11-2015, 1:50 PM Reply   
I agree with you Rich

clearly a catch, even as the rule is written. The controversy seems to be if he extended or not. I think that the replay shows that he did.

Having said that......Rodgers is a stud. If he had been on the Cowboys and Romo a Packer, Cowboys win.

If this team really wanted to advance, Murray should hang on to the ball. That was the difference

going forward.............ANYBODY but the Patriots.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-11-2015, 1:53 PM Reply   
And for all the Johnny-come-latelys like meathead, I am NOT a Dallas fan.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-11-2015, 1:58 PM Reply   
Congratulations to the Packers. Aaron Rodgers saved the day for Seattle. The match ups favored Dallas. Unfortunately Dallas couldn't get pressure on Rodgers most of the day. Seattle better hope they can. Even on one leg Rodgers is better than Wilson. Check your stats before you start running your mouths.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-11-2015, 2:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Congratulations to the Packers. Aaron Rodgers saved the day for Seattle. The match ups favored Dallas. Unfortunately Dallas couldn't get pressure on Rodgers most of the day. Seattle better hope they can. Even on one leg Rodgers is better than Wilson. Check your stats before you start running your mouths.
Checked em. They look pretty good.
Attached Images

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-11-2015, 2:24 PM Reply   
Rodgers has one too. As well as Brady, Manning and maybe Luck will get one too.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-11-2015, 2:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Rodgers has one too. As well as Brady, Manning and maybe Luck will get one too.
Don't bring Luck into it until he's earned something. But if you wanna put Russell in the company of Rodgers, Manning and Brady, I've got no problem with that.

Of course, Brady is the only one of those guys whose been able to lead their team back to the NFC Championship game the year after they won it all. Oh, him and Russell, that is.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-11-2015, 2:44 PM Reply   
We will run our mouths until we lose.
Seattle is really, really good.
Green Bay is really good, but a nicked up Rogers has the Seattle D smelling blood in the water.
Tony Romo can't get it done in the post season. Never has, never will.
Niners won't be relevant for the next 3-5 years. You'll be able to buy season ticket seat licenses for 30 percent of what they were this year by 2016.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-11-2015, 2:52 PM Reply   
Until we lose. Karma is a bad thing especially when you shout so loud.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-11-2015, 3:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by digg311 View Post
Checked em. They look pretty good.
Best post ever!!! #WINNING!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-11-2015, 3:27 PM Reply   
Russell Wilson is a much better quarterback than Romo.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-11-2015, 4:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
And for all the Johnny-come-latelys like meathead, I am NOT a Dallas fan.
Need to get a cheese head now. You're running out of teams... Are you going to switch to the AFC now?
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-11-2015, 4:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Until we lose. Karma is a bad thing especially when you shout so loud.
Uh... You did lose...
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-11-2015, 4:10 PM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-11-2015, 4:14 PM Reply   
I thought the cowboys did everything they needed to do today to win. sadly, a horribly written rule screwed them out of a victory today. anyone, biased or not without reading the definition of a "catch" watches that play, and says "great catch". I never even saw a replay angle that showed the ball popping loose, because of the ground either. every replay I saw, shows the ball popping loose as his arm hits the ground, but Dez keeping possesion as he crossed the goal line. oh well. it happens. Im just sad that the cowboys dont get to go back to seattle to win again. congrats Seahawks. I didnt think it was possible this season, but youre well on your way back to the SB. much easier game in the NFC championship this year too. good luck in the super bowl!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-11-2015, 4:22 PM Reply   
Love how you D bag Dallas fans are sooooo disappointed that you don't get to come to Seattle next week to "win". It was never gonna happen you were either gonna lose today (which you did) or you were gonna lose next Sunday. There's no question who's the best team in the NFL. SEAAA.......HAWKS!!!

Last edited by hatepain; 01-11-2015 at 4:24 PM.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-11-2015, 4:51 PM Reply   
Hate- you said the same thing prior to week 6, and the Cowboys won. I can understand confidence, but the Cowboys certainly weren't afraid to play in seattle. They've already proven they could beat the Hawks on the road. It just wasn't in the cards for the, today. Good luck in the super bowl.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-11-2015, 4:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Love how you D bag Dallas fans are sooooo disappointed that you don't get to come to Seattle next week to "win". It was never gonna happen you were either gonna lose today (which you did) or you were gonna lose next Sunday. There's no question who's the best team in the NFL. SEAAA.......HAWKS!!!
Could you be more delusional? Dallas kicked your asse$ THIS YEAR! They would have done it again and you all know it. No question. You must be suckin on the wild turkey with meathead. The chickens are absolutely SB bound but, they wouldn't be if Dallas was the team playing them next week.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-11-2015, 4:59 PM Reply   
Scoot over Dallas, Denver choked out today as well.

So classic that the two kissy faced suck up teams choked out on the same day. NFL powers that be have got to be pissed. They have no America's team and no America's quarter back to put up on a pedestal now.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-11-2015, 5:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
...looking forward to a great football weekend!

Ravens at Patriots: Brady outshines the iceman Flaco. New England wins a close game at home.
Panthers at Seahawks: Wilson delivers with consistency while Cam bumbles. Seattle wins wins decisively at home.
Cowboys at Packers: Rogers blows away Romo in the cold. Green Bay wins a close game at home.
Colts at Bronco: Luck orchestrates a come from behind win. Indianapolis wins a close game on the road.
4 for 4 for me.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-11-2015, 5:13 PM Reply   
So Dallas, the team that couldn't stop a one legged qb was going to beat the most elusive qb in the NFL... Sure... that's not delusional at all.

As I've said repeatedly Dallas will always have week six. Unfortunately for you guys it's week eighteen now and nobody cares about the losers.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-11-2015, 5:18 PM Reply   
If I was a Cowboy fan I would be pissed as well. That said when it happened live I said to myself "that is going to get overturned and is going to overturned. He didn't complete the catch and keep control all the way to the ground". Just saw the replay. He wasn't really reaching for the endzone. Watch it again. That is just the way he was falling and when the ball hit the ground it popped loose. It isn't like he caught the ball, got 2 feet in, kept balance and then reached for the endzone. He was clearly going to the ground from the get go.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-11-2015, 5:40 PM Reply   
oops, sorry about the department of redundancy department sentence in there.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-11-2015, 7:14 PM Reply   
3 for 4 for me.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-11-2015, 7:22 PM Reply   
I'm guessing its gonna be a pats/chickens SB. Two of my top four least favorite teams. BORING!!! I guess I can always root for dysentery for all. Or... A barforamma. Side note: Luck's neck beard cracks me up. I hope they can beat New England...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-11-2015, 8:19 PM Reply   
It would be really embarrassing if a one legged QB won next week. But it would be even more embarrassing if Luck wins it all.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-11-2015, 8:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
If I was a Cowboy fan I would be pissed as well. That said when it happened live I said to myself "that is going to get overturned and is going to overturned. He didn't complete the catch and keep control all the way to the ground". Just saw the replay. He wasn't really reaching for the endzone. Watch it again. That is just the way he was falling and when the ball hit the ground it popped loose. It isn't like he caught the ball, got 2 feet in, kept balance and then reached for the endzone. He was clearly going to the ground from the get go.
I know, it was 3 feet,1 elbow and a hip before he stretched his arm for the goal line. In front of his head. You obviously don't have a slow motion replay to watch. Yet the Green Bay catch that was reviewed in that game you could clearly see the ball hit the ground and it wasn't reversed. I'm not saying that's why we lost the game. Just if you put your teams uniforms on those players you would have wondered too. Remember this was in the field of play. Not in the End Zone.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-11-2015, 11:11 PM Reply   
What a great weekend of football. Hawks dominate as usual. Cowboys go back to Cowgirl football late in the game. Manning can finally retire.
BTW Rodgers chewed up the Cowboys today. Just an absolute clinic. Also, McCarthy totally out coached Garrett. It's 4th and 2, so Garrett has an average QB chuck it deep?!?! Murray had been running over GB all day. Dez's non catch was sweet justice for Lions fans everywhere.

Now on to the NFC Championship!! Going to be a blood bath! If Murray can run for 120+, Beast Mode should have no problem.

Luck vs Brady should be interesting but I think the Pats have the Colts number.

"Seahawks #1 Fan", have you started looking at jerseys yet? I wouldn't wait too long they will probably be sold out of #3 jerseys by next week. Even in Texas! HAHAHAHHAHA!!! Texans love a winner!!

Pretty good day for Romo 191 yards 2 TDs QBR 77.8 Passer Rating 143.6 and a big "L"
Except.....................Wilson 268 yards 3 TDs QBR 83.3 Passer Rating 149.2 and playing next week.
Guess we can put that debate to rest.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-12-2015, 12:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
What a great weekend of football. Hawks dominate as usual. Cowboys go back to Cowgirl football late in the game. Manning can finally retire.
BTW Rodgers chewed up the Cowboys today. Just an absolute clinic. Also, McCarthy totally out coached Garrett. It's 4th and 2, so Garrett has an average QB chuck it deep?!?! Murray had been running over GB all day. Dez's non catch was sweet justice for Lions fans everywhere.

Now on to the NFC Championship!! Going to be a blood bath! If Murray can run for 120+, Beast Mode should have no problem.

Luck vs Brady should be interesting but I think the Pats have the Colts number.

"Seahawks #1 Fan", have you started looking at jerseys yet? I wouldn't wait too long they will probably be sold out of #3 jerseys by next week. Even in Texas! HAHAHAHHAHA!!! Texans love a winner!!

Pretty good day for Romo 191 yards 2 TDs QBR 77.8 Passer Rating 143.6 and a big "L"
Except.....................Wilson 268 yards 3 TDs QBR 83.3 Passer Rating 149.2 and playing next week.
Guess we can put that debate to rest.
Ha! A sub .500 team just SHUT BITC. MODE DOWN like he was a high schooler trying to play. Chicken fans... Always so funny...
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-12-2015, 12:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
You're so full of crap! Everyone outside of Seattle puts an * next to our SB win? I've never heard the national media once say that. When they talk about Seattle and/or the LOB they revear them. As far as Sherman goes he still proved he's the best corner in the league. No one was targeted less and no one handed opposing QBs a worse rating. Get back to your chardanay buddy, try and keep the tears out of it though you Whiner faithful.
Forgot to respond to this. Know this: EVERYONE in this country knows that Seattle was handed a get-out-of-jail-free-card last year throughout each and every game. The refs made a mockery of the rule book by not enforcing PI rules against Seattle for an entire season. It was ghetto ball. It was an NFL travesty. I guarantee history will eventually reveal this. It was like watching an entire season of calls just like the touchdown/interception call from the Seattle/GB game in 2012.

Having said all of that, if Seattle wins out through the SB this year, it will be legit and I'll be forced to bow down but, last year was an atrocity. An ill gotten gain. Absolutely illegitimate. An asterisk win.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-12-2015, 12:48 AM Reply   
We can't put the debate to rest until Russell "choke" Wilson gets his chance to choke.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-12-2015, 12:56 AM Reply   
Darren you picked the Cowboys to win. Now you say you knew Romo would choke. Make up your mind.All you Seattle fans say it was a catch but by the rules it wasn't a catch. Make up your minds.You will hope the team you play next doesn't get "the call".Never Forget Losing = NFL.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-12-2015, 6:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
We can't put the debate to rest until Russell "choke" Wilson gets his chance to choke.
Russ just keeps winning and your attempts to discredit his accomplishments sound more and more like a balloon with a slow leak.
Attached Images

Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-12-2015, 6:47 AM Reply   
Here's something for all you stats guys.......

http://m.pfref.com/m?p=XXleadersXXpa...r_playoffs.htm
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-12-2015, 7:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Russell Wilson won his divisional round this weekend. Something Tony Romo has never done. I think that puts it to rest.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-12-2015, 7:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
4 for 4 for me.
Nicely done!!
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-12-2015, 8:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
You mean the Russell Wilson who has the highest QB Rating in the HISTORY OF THE NFL in the playoffs?!? (As Meathead linked above).

Yeah. Real choke artist.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-12-2015, 8:48 AM Reply   
"It's 4th and 2, so Garrett has an average QB chuck it deep?!?"
I typically stay away from the attacks and serious trash talking, but I cant hold my tongue when I read utter garbage like this. how was this play, not successful in the eyes of everyone watching the play? how was this throw a "chuck"? it was a perfect throw, to one of maybe only 3 recievers in the game today who could make this catch. I would say Megatron, and maybe Beckham Jr could make this catch and move also. I get your hatred for the cowboys, but at least have the decency to man up and respect a player when they play well or make a good play. Romo played well, and didnt choke in a big game like everyone wants to say. he played a good game. Rodgers is one of the best QB's in the game, one bad leg or not. Dallas had a pretty bad defense, and almost pullled out a divisional playoff win, on the road, against the league MVP, whose offense and defense had been on fire for the last 6 weeks. at least have the decency to respect the players a bit.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-12-2015, 8:58 AM Reply   
Even Kap. has won more divisional playoffs than Romo. Not saying he is better, but stats mean nothing unless you are playing in fantasy and in that case Andrew Luck was the man this year. Seattle just looks so dominate on both sides of the ball that i am not sure anybody will be able to test them. Dallas did not loose because of that "catch", how bout the fumble or the missed field goal, or the poor play calling. I would love to blame it on Romo as I hate watching him play, but it was not his fault this time.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-12-2015, 9:08 AM Reply   
I still say that should be considered a catch. I realize by the letter of the law that it wasn't but to my eyes that was caught and everyone here knows how much I dislike the Cowgirls.

Is it just me or did the four remaining AFC teams look soft?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-12-2015, 9:15 AM Reply   
Man, the Broncos offense was terrible. They haven't looked good for awhile. I think having the bye week early in the season was detrimental to Peyton in his old age. He needed a break around week 9 or 10 to heal up or regain his motivation. I'm not sure if it was PFM or Fox, you can usually tell when PFM is running the game and when Fox is. For the last few weeks it has definitely been Fox calling the plays and PFM has been looking tired. Oh well, guess we are done for the season.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-12-2015, 9:48 AM Reply   
Well, shoot. Looks like PFM has been playing with a torn quad for the last month:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014...t-month-season
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-12-2015, 11:04 AM Reply   
In reality I've got nothing but respect for Romo. The guy really came into his own this year. He reminds me so much of Hassalbeck when we made our first run to the SB. Play calling is what lost that game imo not Romo.

Now backing to hating the Cowboys and laughing at their pathetic loss to a one legged qb.

Hahahahahahaha!

As for Manning... hang it up... Great career, revered by everyone on the planet, records left and right and a ring to boot. Hopefully he doesn't stick around and make himself look silly like Favre did.

Last edited by seattle; 01-12-2015 at 11:06 AM.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-12-2015, 11:11 AM Reply   
Yeah, I am on the fence about that one. When healthy, Manning was still looking awesome. Anyone that is in their late 30's or older knows that if you get hurt, it takes 4x as long to heal (or it feels that way anyway). That's what I think he needs to look at for next year when making his decision, do you take that chance on getting a season/career ending injury? The neck surgery bought him 3 more seasons and who knows how many more records but it might be time to go out with just a loss in the playoff's.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-12-2015, 11:24 AM Reply   
I think Manning plays another year..... It's not like he embarrassed himself this year, his numbers were good and they made the playoffs as a 2 seed. If the injury currently causing the issue is the quad, he can probably get that good as new in the off season and take another shot next year.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-12-2015, 11:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
"It's 4th and 2, so Garrett has an average QB chuck it deep?!?"
I typically stay away from the attacks and serious trash talking, but I cant hold my tongue when I read utter garbage like this. how was this play, not successful in the eyes of everyone watching the play? how was this throw a "chuck"? it was a perfect throw, to one of maybe only 3 recievers in the game today who could make this catch. I would say Megatron, and maybe Beckham Jr could make this catch and move also. I get your hatred for the cowboys, but at least have the decency to man up and respect a player when they play well or make a good play. Romo played well, and didnt choke in a big game like everyone wants to say. he played a good game. Rodgers is one of the best QB's in the game, one bad leg or not. Dallas had a pretty bad defense, and almost pullled out a divisional playoff win, on the road, against the league MVP, whose offense and defense had been on fire for the last 6 weeks. at least have the decency to respect the players a bit.
Train,
Romo did play a good game because he was only allowed to throw the ball 19 times. The lowest amount he had all year. He didn't "choke" because Garrett didn't give him a chance to, until the biggest play of the game and guess what happened. INCOMPLETE!! Just the Cowboys being Cowboys. GB couldn't stop Murray all day (except for when he fumbled), run the ball.
I have the decency to call the Cowboys good and I agree Dez is a top 5 WR no doubt, but Romo is average, if it was a "perfect throw" it would have been a catch.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-12-2015, 11:54 AM Reply   
If the Cowboys can keep the team together I bet the will be an early favorite to win it all next year. Improve that defense a little and they will be a very tough team to beat.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-12-2015, 1:15 PM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-12-2015, 1:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Forgot to respond to this. Know this: EVERYONE in this country knows that Seattle was handed a get-out-of-jail-free-card last year throughout each and every game. The refs made a mockery of the rule book by not enforcing PI rules against Seattle for an entire season. It was ghetto ball. It was an NFL travesty. I guarantee history will eventually reveal this. It was like watching an entire season of calls just like the touchdown/interception call from the Seattle/GB game in 2012.

Having said all of that, if Seattle wins out through the SB this year, it will be legit and I'll be forced to bow down but, last year was an atrocity. An ill gotten gain. Absolutely illegitimate. An asterisk win.
Attached Images

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-12-2015, 1:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
Train,
Romo did play a good game because he was only allowed to throw the ball 19 times. The lowest amount he had all year. He didn't "choke" because Garrett didn't give him a chance to, until the biggest play of the game and guess what happened. INCOMPLETE!! Just the Cowboys being Cowboys. GB couldn't stop Murray all day (except for when he fumbled), run the ball.
I have the decency to call the Cowboys good and I agree Dez is a top 5 WR no doubt, but Romo is average, if it was a "perfect throw" it would have been a catch.
I'd be surprised if they don't change that interpretation of the "catch". It will be because 99 out of 100 fans saw a catch and extension to score. The other one out of 100 fans don't know who Dez Bryant is or their Cowboy Haters.Dez could have easily made the catch and gone out of bounds or made the catch and gone to the ground inbounds . Instead he tried to score and his knee contacted the defender and caused his "third" step and lunge for the end zone to come up short. His elbow hit down then his hip and finally the ball hit and moved a bit. As he rolled over he regained a firm grip on the ball. He should have been down at the 1 foot line.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-12-2015, 2:07 PM Reply   
I keep forgetting- is Romo the worst elite quarterback or the best mediocre one?
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-12-2015, 2:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
I'd be surprised if they don't change that interpretation of the "catch". It will be because 99 out of 100 fans saw a catch and extension to score. The other one out of 100 fans don't know who Dez Bryant is or their Cowboy Haters.Dez could have easily made the catch and gone out of bounds or made the catch and gone to the ground inbounds . Instead he tried to score and his knee contacted the defender and caused his "third" step and lunge for the end zone to come up short. His elbow hit down then his hip and finally the ball hit and moved a bit. As he rolled over he regained a firm grip on the ball. He should have been down at the 1 foot line.
If Dez would have held the ball as tight as his mothers neck it would have been a TD.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-12-2015, 2:13 PM Reply   
The question is, how would you change that rule to make it more fair. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask the player to maintain possession when the ball touches the ground when they land. Bryant definitely had a solid hold on the ball in the air before the ground knocked it loose, but calling his reaching for the end zone a "football move" is a stretch (no pun inteded). However, you can't change the rule to say that the receiver doesn't have to hold onto the ball when/if it hits the ground. That would cause way more controversy than the few times the current rule has caused it. It seems to me that the current rule is the lesser of two evils.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-12-2015, 3:11 PM Reply   
give some discretion to the ref. Let him decide if moving the ball to the other hand, firmly holding it one handed while falling or lunging, is a catch or not a catch. Other calls are up to the discretion of the ref. Let this one be too. If a ref consistently uses bad judgement or judgement that is contrary to the NFL.....replace him with someone that shares the NFL's views.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-12-2015, 4:30 PM Reply   
I'm still figuring the catch out. It was a catch to most because most people will acknowledge we know what Dez was doing, and only Dez and a select few can even perform that type of maneuver, but not by the interpretation of the rule, specifically the PROCESS of the catch, it is supposed to be incomplete. I kind of get that. However, using Calvin J's catch as the example, the ball went flying away, losing total possession. You can't even tell if the ball really hits the ground (i think it does), but Dez still regains possession throughout the remaining process of the catch. To me, the NFL, refs, whomever, need to get called out a bit more on these rule interpretations, and this catching process. They said the Calvin catch and everyone is like "okay, you're right", No, It's a totally different catch to me, he regained possession after "losing" it, and completed the process of the catch. And he was down, so out of bounds shouldn't matter.

All that said, he should have caught it and secured the first down. BUT even more so, ROMO, Garrett, whomever you want to blame, should have had the team ready to snap the ball the second the refs set it down, at least make Green Bay challenge it blindly. Instead they were arguing for a touchdown.. Brady, Manning, Luck, a one legged Rodgers, even Wilson and likely some other QB's would have had their team set and ready to spike it or run a sneak, maybe avoiding a challenge at all. That mentality is what caught up to the Cowboys, taking their precious time ALL the time finally caught up to them. Oh yea, and let's kill this 3rd and 1 run play (while you have the league leading rusher in) and fumble the snap. And they had Dunbar in on the Dez catch play, anyone who has watched them this year knows it's a pass when Dunbar is in.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-12-2015, 5:00 PM Reply   
There's way too much to interpret... but the fact is, I haven't seen a shot yet that shows that the ball 100% definitively hit the ground. If there is any doubt, they're not supposed to overturn the call on the field. Period. If you can show that the ball did hit the ground, then yes, by the letter if the idiotic rule, it was not a completed catch. Stupid rule, change it.

As for the Cowboys in general... I happen to think that Romo was balling out this year. The last few weeks, he's been playing better than any other QB in the league. Bar none. I think it's hilarious though, that in order to do that he's throwing the ball less than ever (less than Russell Wilson even) and has been dependent upon the running game and the defense. Sound like anyone we know? Oh yeah, that "game manager" Wilson plays that way. Huh. Go figure. Except he does it without the benefit of a star #1 wide receiver like Dez.

Still though, with the possible exception of maybe swapping Luck for Romo... the 4 best starting QB's in the NFL are all playing next weekend.

Go Hawks.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-12-2015, 5:08 PM Reply   
I have not seen a conclusive shot the ball hit the ground either, but I thought I was being biased. Therefore, he completed the process of the catch. The NFL can't just hide this like their off the field issues.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-12-2015, 5:15 PM Reply   
Looks like a catch to me. He had control enough to go for the goal line. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzmKun3XnB8
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-12-2015, 5:30 PM Reply   
Dallas just got put out of their misery early. Like I said it was either lose this week or next.