Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-16-2014, 9:45 AM Reply   
Anybody got the homie hookup for Traeger? I am wanting to get rid of a couple of my smokers/grilles and dial back to one grille and a new Traeger. Locally I pretty much have Ace Hardware which is just list price. Does not look like Amazon has the bigger units. I heard Costco does on their road shows.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-16-2014, 10:13 AM Reply   
I see that OSH has them now. $699.00 this weekend for Lil Tex Elite
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-16-2014, 11:19 AM Reply   
You might just go look at costco. They had one last time I was at our local one, and not in the road show area... more like seasonal where the camping outdoor stuff is this time of year. Don't know anything about them or what model, but I do know the price was $500.
Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       05-16-2014, 11:19 AM Reply   
I can find out if my local guy ships. I got my Texas elite for $675.
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-16-2014, 2:02 PM Reply   
I received this today - http://www.traegergrills.com/shop/deals. the special is pretty good on the direct site. Also - the Costco price is very good.

fyi - The grill size is very close on both, save the money and get the smaller grill unless you plan on making food for 10+ people often

Last edited by flackpack; 05-16-2014 at 2:04 PM. Reason: added more info
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-16-2014, 2:28 PM Reply   
Thanx guys. Yhea I often cook for 10-30 people so I need at least the 'Lil. I have a 48" 5 burner grille in case it is bigger than that.
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-16-2014, 3:38 PM Reply   
Jason:

Costco locations in Sac have the Lil Tex Elite which is more deluxe version with nicer lit, cover and one or two bags of pellets. If you catch one of the road shows with a company rep they will usually throw in an extra bag or two. Ck the Costco website for road shows locations...

Emeigh Hardware-Casual Outdoor Living Store in Sacramento is worth a drive. They demo both the Traeger, Louisana Memphis & Green Mountain and can show you all the differences between them. They have them in stock and about 5 different brands of pellets, tons of sauces, rubs, pizza stones cookbooks etc...
http://www.emighsoutdoorliving.com/

Lastly at The Galleria in Roseville is a Traeger Factory store and they have the same prices but again throw in the $59 covers, $25 bags of pellets etc...

I have the Traeger Pro 124 which is an older model and works amazing. Pellet grills are very versatile but educate yourself before plopping down the CC so you get what you want. I really like the Lousiana & green Mountain grills and they might be better built. They all seem to be in the same price range. The digital upgrade controller is a MUST...
Rick
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-20-2014, 7:25 AM Reply   
Ended up wit Traeger Lil texas Elite and am super impressed. I have (4) other BBQs/Smokers/Grilles. It is nice to set it and forget it and just have to work about the food and not all the temps. Made some competition style ribs, chicken, prawns, burgers, catfish and scallops this weeks and am super impressed. Can't wait to do a pork butt or brisket.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-20-2014, 7:46 AM Reply   
I have one at home and one at the RIver. I buy my pellets at costco 14.75. I cook on it almost every night. Forget about bbqing when you can have everything smoked. I usually clean out the ashes every 4th time or so. Jason, try salmon on a cedar plank. Better than any 5 star you can name. Welcome to the Traeger family. I try alot of the recipes in the traeger book. I started buying traeger rubs and an addicted to like 5. The 321 ribs are to die for as well. Yea the lump charcoal way would be nice, but I aint got time for that. Flip the switch and your off to the races. Enjoy!