Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Wgetty8885)      Join Date: Sep 2016 Location: Oregon       05-08-2018, 9:02 PM Reply   
Hey all. I am picking up a 2015 G21 this weekend. I have worked and waited dang near 10 years to buy my first boat. Im super stoked! That said, I have never owned a Nautique. I have ridden behind several and love them. Any tips/pointers from you all with G's? Thanks in advance, Cheers!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-08-2018, 9:48 PM Reply   
Congratulations on your first Nautique! I don't have a G so can't give you any advice but post up pics after you take delivery.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-09-2018, 6:17 AM Reply   
congrats!
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       05-09-2018, 8:18 AM Reply   
Planetnautique.com if you haven't registered there yet.
Sick man, congrats, we're waiting for pics. Ride the hell out of that thing!
Old     (Wgetty8885)      Join Date: Sep 2016 Location: Oregon       05-14-2018, 9:17 PM Reply   
I had a blast picking up the new g21. Can anyone tell me how to get the bimini to fold? I took off the knobs and it folds up but with the tower down it rests straight across the window rather than at an angle like the youtube videos Ive seen. It wouldnt be towable from like that.
Attached Images

Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       05-17-2018, 7:03 AM Reply   
Nice boat !!!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-17-2018, 7:10 AM Reply   
Congrats on the new boat! It's a good feeling when the hard work pays off. Now let's the the wakeboard wake
Old     (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-20-2018, 6:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wgetty8885 View Post
I had a blast picking up the new g21. Can anyone tell me how to get the bimini to fold? I took off the knobs and it folds up but with the tower down it rests straight across the window rather than at an angle like the youtube videos Ive seen. It wouldnt be towable from like that.

It should have come with a Bimini support pole that attaches to the Bimini in the very front, where there is a hole down in the Bimini sleeve. It clips on there and has a black round plastic piece on the other end of the pole that rests on the bow seat.
Old     (Wgetty8885)      Join Date: Sep 2016 Location: Oregon       05-22-2018, 8:08 AM Reply   
Thank you for the information! Do you tow it with the cover on over the Bimini? I'd love to keep the bugs off the tower but I supposed it isn't a really big deal. Regardless thank you for the input.

I have been getting used to the wake. Its a monster. I have been running 22-2400# with NCRS at 4 @ 22.8mph. It takes some getting used to!
Old     (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-22-2018, 8:20 AM Reply   
I tow with tower up and no cover. The Bimini sleeve keeps the actual Bimini perfectly clean. Depending on what cover you have, it is either a tower up or tower down cover, 2103 was the only year they made one cover to do both.
Old     (Wgetty8885)      Join Date: Sep 2016 Location: Oregon       05-23-2018, 5:17 AM Reply   
Thank you. I will just stick with that. What do you all use for a cooler? The tiny cooler under the rear seat wont cut it and its sort of cumbersome to throw the Yeti in the middle to stubble over. I looked for soft sides coolers to put under a side seat but nothing seems to be close.
Old     (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-23-2018, 5:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wgetty8885 View Post
Thank you. I will just stick with that. What do you all use for a cooler? The tiny cooler under the rear seat wont cut it and its sort of cumbersome to throw the Yeti in the middle to stubble over. I looked for soft sides coolers to put under a side seat but nothing seems to be close.

We just use a soft sided Polar Ice and I usually put it right in the walkway. Adults very rarely walk up to the bow and I don’t mind the kids stepping around it. We are in and out of ours too much to stow it away anywhere, that would just be a pain for us.