Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-14-2011, 1:05 AM Reply   
unfortunately Cisco is one of those characters who is never gona back down

unfortunately if no one responds to these posts to challenge the ideas, some people may get the wrong idea/ information

unfortunately these threads are perpetuated due to the previous a fore mentioned unfortunate things.

I am only an intermediate rider, not advanced. ive been riding slingshot since they released and don't feel any loss of pop (i ride 99% boat). i actually changed my style to become more aggressive since riding flex. i have NO problem jumping far into the flats even behind an IO boat, no ballast, riding at 75 ft rope.
like it or not, it takes more effort to go big on any board, and more effort puts you at risk. if Lyman said he was taking it easy, he was taking it easy.

i did not recall that slingshot marketed boards to cableboarders or winchers. this is something that has developed with time and i would say it is not even their main focus either. cableriders and winchers kind of came to slingshot and not the other way around IMO

The ROAM??? do you even see the roam on the market anymore!?
slingshot may not have made the first "flex board" in some eyes. BUT slingshot was the first to make it successful and more effective. Just like Closed toe boots, LF was not first, fulltilt was, but LF did it right and made it successful. LF was also not first in the velcro boot market, but they were first to do it right.

there was another video of Gabe Lucas going HUGE on the vibe when first released, check the mid section of the video here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpWroeTggrM

Also Randall Harris is known for going big into the flats. still went large on the Company recruit!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pSWW...eature=related

Fortunately we all have different tastes and styles and opinions to add variety and choices and invention and innovation to the world
then Why are we arguing over flavors of ice-cream?!
because unfortunately there are people who insist you cant have a milkshake or Neapolitan or sherbert because it aint a straight up flavor of ice-cream and that should not be allowed in an "ice-cream" shop.

Last edited by wakerider111; 06-14-2011 at 1:09 AM.