Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-18-2014, 10:26 PM Reply   
Well I am in the process of buying an 05 wakesetter vlx and was just wondering if it's common to come without perfect pass or any cruise control? I just figured it would have been standard by 05 for malibu to have cruise on their vlx's but I guess not. Anyone ever had to add perfect pass to their 05-08? I know malibu also has their own cruise system. Do I have to get that?

Just sold my old cc 210 and while I loved that boat dearly, it will be nice to have a bit more interior room. Any advice on how to weight it? It has the three tanks not the fourth one up front so I was just thinking of throwing a 750 up front and a 750 in front of the back seats plus ballast. Anyone with good configurations let me know. Thanks!
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-19-2014, 5:12 AM Reply   
Perfect Pass was an option - not everyone optioned it. Good opportunity to buy a current Perfect Pass system (Stargazer Wake Edition, perhaps). They sell the gauges that match your OEM setup.

At minimum, you will want to do a bow bag (under the bow seats) + 750's in each locker. I'm selling my Fly High 750's if you are interested.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       04-19-2014, 5:59 AM Reply   
I would find it hard to believe that the wakesetter package for that boat didn't come with Malibu's cruise control? I have an 06 and thats what we use on my rig, operates differently that PP, but once you are used to it, works just as well, imo.

Like yourself, my boat only has the 3 below floor hard tanks. For sure run something up front, I do a 400lb tube sac in the bow walkway with nothing else in the rear except stock. Sure, you can make it bigger and I have had more weight in it, but it seems you can find a sweet spot with the power wedge and the configuration I mentioned and I really like it. Hopefully yours has the power wedge.
Old     (stuntmonkey)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-19-2014, 7:27 AM Reply   
Malibu cruise control wasn't a standard option until end of 2006.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-19-2014, 8:04 AM Reply   
05 is the last year of old school round gauges and real Perfect Pass. 06 went to the LCD malibu data center thing in the dash and malibu cruise instead of Perfect Pass.

IMHO, 05 is sort of the pinnacle for Malibu for functionality. Aside from the power wedge and surfgate, not much has been added since then that makes the boat perform any better. Just screens and bling.
Old     (brian_young)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-20-2014, 7:44 AM Reply   
That hull loves nose weight, especially if you are running the wedge. At the very least you need 400 lbs in the nose, to complement the stock tanks. If you add beyond that, start toward the middle of the boat. I do run the wedge all the way down, and have somewhere around 3500 in mine. I only have 565's on each side of the engine (hard tanks removed). The rest of the weight is midship and forward, with most being from the walkway and forward.