Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       07-03-2019, 5:33 AM Reply   
I was looking at review of different boats (as I usually do when I start to miss my Sanger V210). I really like the supreme zs series boats fwiw.

I am curious why I've never seen a good review on the wakes and waves of Sanger boats. They seem to have a bit of a following on here and despite their small size compared to the big manufacturers deserve to be seen by more people. I know it has to do with advertising dollars, but what if we built our own review tab/forum on here?

Just some thoughts on a rainy day without a boat
Old     (bcd)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-03-2019, 8:13 AM Reply   
They don't give the company any money, so they don't included. The majority of what they write, they are paid by the product that they are writing about. The articles are far from unbiased.
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       07-03-2019, 9:10 AM Reply   
Granted but it's nice to watch the wave/wake in action. Harder to see from youtube and not always the boats you're considering. I think they are very close with the 231SL and it's features sans the observer seat.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-03-2019, 12:55 PM Reply   
Likely dont buy enough ad space
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       07-04-2019, 1:56 AM Reply   
I think for me every time I have been shopping new it boils down to dealer. sanger never had a solid presence in boise and try and find them out in the midwest. no dealer support on a smaller named boat will not mean a lot of sales.
I was at the '12 polar bear and had a sanger 237xtz that scotty drove on saturday. left early so some didn't get to surf it. I will say the wave was legit but the amount of lead he used to get that was borderline unsafe(1500lbs), the rear rubrail was almost underwater compared to all the other boats(we took on water after almost every downed rider over the back), the rear seat overhang on the back made it a bitoch to get back up onto the swimdeck and in the center of the rear seat on the floor there was a piece of the engine/trans cover that made sitting in the middle hard-disguised by cupholders tho.
compared to the other brands the sanger had too many things going against it. fast forward 7 years and last pic I saw of the 237 it's almost unchanged. in today's market if you don't innovate, you cease to exist.
granted they came out with the dual rear facing seats that was met with more negative feedback than positive but other than that sanger has not been cranking out new or changed boats like the others.

boating is selling stuffs. just like retail you look at the stores that ceased to exist, most blame amazon but in the end if you don't give people a reason to visit your stores and buy your wares you go under. sanger really isn't giving people that reason nor spending the money to talk about why you should buy their product.
no real innovations, no real changes, no advertising, no dealer support outside a small footprint.

sanger imo should can their current marketing manager, rename and relaunch their line and spend some advertising monies.

all my .02 mind you.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       07-06-2019, 6:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandm01 View Post
I think for me every time I have been shopping new it boils down to dealer. sanger never had a solid presence in boise and try and find them out in the midwest. no dealer support on a smaller named boat will not mean a lot of sales.
I was at the '12 polar bear and had a sanger 237xtz that scotty drove on saturday. left early so some didn't get to surf it. I will say the wave was legit but the amount of lead he used to get that was borderline unsafe(1500lbs), the rear rubrail was almost underwater compared to all the other boats(we took on water after almost every downed rider over the back), the rear seat overhang on the back made it a bitoch to get back up onto the swimdeck and in the center of the rear seat on the floor there was a piece of the engine/trans cover that made sitting in the middle hard-disguised by cupholders tho.
compared to the other brands the sanger had too many things going against it. fast forward 7 years and last pic I saw of the 237 it's almost unchanged. in today's market if you don't innovate, you cease to exist.
granted they came out with the dual rear facing seats that was met with more negative feedback than positive but other than that sanger has not been cranking out new or changed boats like the others.

boating is selling stuffs. just like retail you look at the stores that ceased to exist, most blame amazon but in the end if you don't give people a reason to visit your stores and buy your wares you go under. sanger really isn't giving people that reason nor spending the money to talk about why you should buy their product.
no real innovations, no real changes, no advertising, no dealer support outside a small footprint.

sanger imo should can their current marketing manager, rename and relaunch their line and spend some advertising monies.

all my .02 mind you.
Couldn't have said it better. I know they have a reputation for build quality, but you can't hope to thrive when you're years behind on keeping up with the rest of the industry on features, let alone innovating anything.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-10-2019, 3:46 PM Reply   
Haha, I remember when Scott left early that year. That was rough.

Believe it or not, I have always been a bit partial to Sanger. First, they were one of the very few surf boats in the 2000s that made a good wave on both sides. Second, my dad was an engine builder and heavily involved in the Drag Boat racing seen in the 70s and 80s and Sanger was a big part of that. I would love to see how that new boat surfs and see it at a future polar bear, or even just a private surf. They are def catching up, but that doesn't matter if it works, and it follows the Sanger tradition of being well made and affordable.