Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-29-2016, 8:23 AM Reply   
From NewEgg and it belongs to someone else but has my address. I contact NewEgg online chat and it goes like this (so far).....

Quote:
System System: Connecting...
System System: Your reference number for this chat session is 1913036
System System: Waiting for a Customer Representative...
undefined System: Estimated wait time is 0 hours 1 minutes 59 seconds
undefined System: Estimated wait time is 0 hours 2 minutes 27 seconds
undefined System: Estimated wait time is 0 hours 2 minutes 4 seconds
undefined System: Estimated wait time is 0 hours 2 minutes 21 seconds
undefined System: Estimated wait time is 0 hours 1 minutes 37 seconds
System System: Ailsa D. has joined this session!
System System: Connected with Ailsa D.
System System: Hi John Anderson! My name is Ailsa D..
System System: I have reviewed the reason you are contacting us and I am happy to assist.
Customer John Anderson: Estimated wait time is 0 hours 3 minutes 15 seconds
Agent Ailsa D.: Thank you for providing me with that information, John. I truly apologize for any inconvenience you have endured. May I please have the tracking number of this package you received?
Customer John Anderson: Where is the tracking number?
Customer John Anderson: Maybe you should take a look at your customer database
Customer John Anderson: Not sure why my address is on that persons order
Agent Ailsa D.: It will shown on the shipping box. Please double check it.
Customer John Anderson: Look it up yourself.
Customer John Anderson: The box has lots of numbers
Customer John Anderson: This is charity on my part/
Customer John Anderson: Want me to open it and tell you what's inside? Or do you want to tell FedEx to come get it
Agent Ailsa D.: I apologize for this inconvenience. I have tried to use the name of the Alex Varga. But I have shown a lot of customers. At present, you can just provide me the tracking number on the shipping box and then I can locate the order you have received.
Customer John Anderson: Ok you have lots of Alex Varga. Do you have one in altamonte florida?
Customer John Anderson: I'm not going to read every number on the box. If you can tell me what it starts with then I can find it.
Agent Ailsa D.: As you said the package was shipped by Fedex, the tracking number of the Fedex always in 15 digits.
Customer John Anderson: 666187483039649
Agent Ailsa D.: Thank you for that information, John.
Agent Ailsa D.: I have located the order. Thank you.
Customer John Anderson: What address do you have for that guy?
Agent Ailsa D.: I understand your concerns. At present, we are unable to provide such information to you. At present, you can provide your information to me and I will double check it for you.
Customer John Anderson: I don't really care. Just want to make this process go faster
Customer John Anderson: I know what address is on the label. It's mine.
Agent Ailsa D.: Okay. At present, I will submit a request to pick up the package you have received. May I now please have your valid contact phone number?
Customer John Anderson: xxx-xxx-xxxx
Customer John Anderson: I could of said that I an unable to provide such information.
Agent Ailsa D.: I understand your concerns about that. I apologize for this inconvenience. May I now please have your address to pick up this package?
Customer John Anderson: I am unable to provide such information
Agent Ailsa D.: Okay. I understand your concerns. For the security reason, you can call us at 800-390-1119 for further help.
Customer John Anderson: I don't care about security. Tell me the address you shipped it to
Customer John Anderson: Quid Pro Quo
Agent Ailsa D.: I apologize; for the security reason, we are unable to release anything to you now.
Customer John Anderson: Stalemate
Customer John Anderson: Except I got the box.
Customer John Anderson:
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-29-2016, 8:25 AM Reply   
Dead silence on the on line chat for like 5 minutes now.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-29-2016, 8:47 AM Reply   
Either do the right thing or not. Why be a butthole to someone just trying to do their job and make it through another day? Are you surprised they're not going to give you some random persons address to some random person on the internet?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-29-2016, 8:52 AM Reply   
So when FedEx delivers a box you didn't order and you spend at least a half hour trying to get it to the right person... That's your definition of being a "bull hole"?

Ironically they are the one who wants the address of some random person on the internet. Even though they put my address on the box.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-29-2016, 8:58 AM Reply   
These people aren't the brightest.

Quote:
Hello,

Per your request I have attached a FedEx Shipping Label for the Newegg package that you received. Please print this out and attach it to the package and drop off at your nearest FedEx store. Please note that the label expires in 6 days.

Thank you
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-29-2016, 8:59 AM Reply   
My interest in returning this package has expired. Fortunately I noticed that the guys phone # is on the box. So I'm just going to call him.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-29-2016, 1:26 PM Reply   
Seems to me you had a hand in making this more difficult than required. Your comments in the chat only prove that. You seriously can't find a tracking number where it says TRK# ********* right above or near the barcode? Have you never ordered anything in your life?

Sure asking for your address even though it was already stated on the waybill seems silly but would you want fedex or similar type companies to just give out your information so easily?

It's a waste of your time to call in or go online to a fedex chat but you have all the time in the world to make this post and keep updating it. WTF!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-29-2016, 1:30 PM Reply   
Right on I'm sure the guy will appreciate you calling him. Good for you for reaching out.

Ok True Story. My friend Matt received a package from UPS. He didn't look closely and he tore right into the box only to find someone's Big O Pink vibrator/Sext toy. He then went and saw the Address on the box was was wrong "Whoops" it was for a house around the corner. He did the right thing. He posted pictures of the Lost package and its contents on Facebook. He then deliverd it to the person who's address was on the box. He said he even rang to doorbell to give it back in person but no one seemed to be home LOL LOL.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-29-2016, 1:50 PM Reply   
Seriously it doesn't not have the tracking labeled as anything. The reason I was making it more difficult was because I wanted to know why my address was on the package. Ultimately after a couple of email exchanges they wanted me to place the package on my porch and UPS would get it. Even then they would not verify the address they were sending to UPS. First they wanted me to print a label and drive it to FedEx. My reply email.... "Are you serious?"

Somebody at the number took a message, but I haven't got a call back. I guess it's a race to see whether the guy picks up the package or UPS. Not sure if I should even turn him now except I still want to know how my address got on his package.

Let me ask you something Dave.... Do you want someone dictating to you what you find entertainment and what you find to be a chore? Posting here is entertainment. Driving to FedEx to deliver a package is a chore.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-29-2016, 2:01 PM Reply   
I was annoyed going into the conversation because the online chat kept ringing a bell to tell me to look at it so it could tell me it has a new wait time. Which meant that I had to navigate back to the chat window from what I was doing to see if a real person was ready to handle the issue. Hence me jokingly posting the wait time response when the person first came on. So it didn't help when they refused to look up the order or tell me if my address was on his account. The whole deal went as if they were doing me a favor, when it was just the opposite. I could have easily just kept the box and denied any knowledge of it's delivery.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-29-2016, 4:42 PM Reply   
I have to admit you were a little buttholish, but by the end I was laughing pretty hard!

Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       12-29-2016, 8:56 PM Reply   
Dude, now we want to know... what's in the damn box?!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-29-2016, 11:44 PM Reply   
John,
I think I can read between the lines and say you sound like a bored, bitter man in general. Might wanna figure that out soon. You're not in your 20's even though you have the wakeboarding skills better than most twenty-somethings.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       12-30-2016, 5:31 AM Reply   
Good for you doing the right thing. I think I would have just sent it back to NewEgg and avoided the chat at all.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-30-2016, 6:37 AM Reply   
Yeah, I'm in the "you sound like an A hole" camp, John. Like you expect online chat people to be great problem solvers? You are a smart guy, but in the chat it seems like you are being obstinate for the sake of being obstinate. I don't get it.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-30-2016, 7:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripsw View Post
Dude, now we want to know... what's in the damn box?!
this. would've ripped that **** open first
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-30-2016, 7:32 AM Reply   
At that point I would have been like "what box" and "have a nice day" and moved on.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-30-2016, 7:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Yeah, I'm in the "you sound like an A hole" camp, John. Like you expect online chat people to be great problem solvers? You are a smart guy, but in the chat it seems like you are being obstinate for the sake of being obstinate. I don't get it.
If you post in this forum you should "get it".

I was annoyed by the chat window "calling me" and then telling me "nevermind" over and over for sure. Then I got more annoyed because they wouldn't help me find out why my address was on the order. I would have like to known that my name wasn't on the credit card that bought it, but it never got that far and I checked my cards on line for charges. Telling me the shipping address they had on their record doesn't sound like a great feat for a representative.

WRT the 15 digit tracking number, there wasn't even a 15 digit number on the label. After she told me it was 15 digits I found two sets of numbers that totaled 15 digits and posted them. Apparently that was it.

For all I know I may end up with the box. If they send UPS to the actual guys address there will be no box. The guy I left the message with sounded a bit stoned and I still haven't got a call from the intended recipient.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-30-2016, 7:54 AM Reply   
Found the Grinch

It's Xmas, maybe you take an extra few minutes out of your day to help someone, rather than giving an entry-level NewEgg employee a hard time.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-30-2016, 8:00 AM Reply   
LOL, haven't you heard... "no good deed goes unpunished."
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-30-2016, 8:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
LOL, haven't you heard... "no good deed goes unpunished."
haha well played
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-30-2016, 10:27 AM Reply   
UPS picked it up. One more mystery of the universe left unsolved.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-30-2016, 1:17 PM Reply   
In the course of my daily travels, I have occasion to deliver to some huge call centers in the Sacramento area. The folks that work at these centers would make you question how anyone in the civilized world ever gets anything resolved dealing with these places. The absolute scumminess that oozes out of these places is amazing. The best time is around lunch break. All the workers filter out to the parking lot and the weed gets fired up, the screaming matches on the cell phones with the boyfriend/baby daddy/bill collectors, etc. If you saw some of these folks you would get cold sweats knowing you are giving them detailed financial and personal information.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-30-2016, 9:18 PM Reply   
lets be honest, you posted the screenshot of that conversation because you thought it was witty on your part.... although they don't make it easy to do the right thing or talk to anyone who can actually do a ferkin thing these days either. I understand the frustration.

Last edited by bass10after; 12-30-2016 at 9:20 PM.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-04-2017, 8:27 AM Reply   
Turned out my next door neighbor's nephew (who had a different last name and didn't live there) ordered it and had the street address off by one house.