Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-06-2011, 8:31 AM Reply   
Congratulations to TIGE and CWB for being the OFFICIAL boat and board companies of Wakeworld.I'm in heaven,LET YOUR cowbell ring.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-06-2011, 8:47 AM Reply   
Really.... Does that mean David no longer has the white Bu and now has a Tige? Details.......
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-06-2011, 8:51 AM Reply   
dang, if it is true I'd bet Dave would have liked to be the one to drop the info.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-06-2011, 8:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakereviews View Post
dang, if it is true I'd bet Dave would have liked to be the one to drop the info.
He did just look at the home page on the left and right.Then read his post in the 2012 Tige Z3 Thread.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-06-2011, 9:04 AM Reply   
I stand corrected... apologies. Wow!
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-06-2011, 10:07 AM Reply   
Why did he switch?
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       09-06-2011, 10:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post
Why did he switch?
Wouldn't you switch for a freebie?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-06-2011, 10:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveflat View Post
I'm sure Dave will let us know in due time.I must admit i'm a bit curious myself.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-06-2011, 10:49 AM Reply   
Wow, I skimmed right over this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
I like the white Z3 just a few posts up. I'd even go with fewer graphics than that. I prefer a boat with a cleaner look. Mine will be black and silver and super clean. I'll post pics when it's done.
Old     (davenk)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-06-2011, 5:15 PM Reply   
Way to go Tige! Their boats are looking real good these days.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-06-2011, 7:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveflat View Post
Price was right!
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-06-2011, 7:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05mobiuslsv View Post
Price was right!
Seems to be the case with stereo gear. If the price is right, some seem to jump in with both feet.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-06-2011, 8:16 PM Reply   
You would know right with your budget installs.
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-06-2011, 8:40 PM Reply   
It seems that times are a changin'.

September 6, 2011

TIGE BOATS WELCOMES CHRIS CRYSDALE TO SALES TEAM

ABILENE, TX – Tige Boats proudly announces that Chris Crysdale has joined Tige Boats as the Director of Dealer Development. Crysdale brings to Tige 20 years of inboard sales experience most recently as National Sales Manager with Malibu Boats.
“I’m impressed with how Tige does business. Everyone has genuine passion for building the best product possible, and I believe Tige is in the best position for growth,” says Crysdale. “I am looking forward to being a part of the impact Tige will have on the industry.”
“Chris is an excellent addition to our team” Rick Correll, Tige President said. “It’s a part of creating the complete package—launching of the 2012 line-up, adding a new 23-foot design to our model mix, developing new dealers and increasing market share world-wide, and our recent award of the 7th consecutive year of Excellence in Customer Satisfaction—all indicate we’re moving in the right direction with our product, our customers, and our dealer network.”
Tige is an independent, design-driven company with a passion for creating the absolute best watersports boat in the world. Tige Boats manufactures a line of high-end multi-sport inboard boats distributed through a world-wide network of Tige dealerships.
For information about Tige Boats visit our newly released tige.com website.

Last edited by justridin; 09-06-2011 at 8:42 PM. Reason: format error.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-07-2011, 3:43 AM Reply   
Another Malibu employee went to work for skiers choice.Are the being lured away or are they leaving on their own?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-07-2011, 6:12 AM Reply   
Robert T,

What's up with the inuendo? If you think you know something, how about just saying it instead of throwing out some comment that implies people are leaving for a reason?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-07-2011, 6:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
Robert T,

What's up with the inuendo? If you think you know something, how about just saying it instead of throwing out some comment that implies people are leaving for a reason?
Actually it's just something i noticed and was wondering out loud.Sorry if you thought i was implying something.I personally like Malibu boats,but noticed comments and articles on wakeworld.Then asked a innocent question.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-07-2011, 6:57 AM Reply   
I think it warrants the question... Shane Stillman to MB, Amy Mauzy to Skiers Choice and now Chris to Tige. Those are three pretty key people in an organization to lose to the competition. I would agree that it seems curious.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-07-2011, 7:06 AM Reply   
Malibu shut down production at the Merced plant, that's got alot to do with at least 1 of the people mentioned. Shane told me he didn't want to leave Cali when I talked to him at the boat show in the MB booth.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-07-2011, 7:08 AM Reply   
that makes a lot of sense. Wonder if Malibu has any plans of reopening the Merced plant in the future? That has to stink for the guys who have worked there for a long time. Tough times.... Just shows how good of people they had working for them that they could easily find other jobs so fast! I know Shane is killing it at MB!
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-07-2011, 7:17 AM Reply   
Shane is a genius in my opinion, he's gonna have tremendous impact on MB as a company. Just look at what he's done in his short tenure so far, it's no cooncidence MB has been gaining the traction they have since he's been there.

I think people are just tired of the corporate sellout at Malibu as well.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-07-2011, 6:59 PM Reply   
Tige's new Z3 will debut in orlando this week.From what i've seen it's a competitive boat in the 23' market.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-11-2011, 4:28 PM Reply   
Sorry I'm so late to this thread, but I've been away at Surf Expo all week. While I was there, I spent a lot of time crawling through the new 2012 Tige Z3, which is an absolutely beautiful boat. Yes, as of 9/1 the Tige Z3 is the Official Boat of WakeWorld and we will be taking delivery of one of our own sometime in October. I'm just playing with color schemes right now and waiting for them to get the Z3 boat builder up on the Tige.com website, which should be sometime this week. I'm super excited for the opportunity to be working with Tige, mostly because they are so excited about it as well!

As far as switching from Malibu to Tige and there being some kind of crazy conspiracy theory behind it, I hate to disappoint. The bottom line is that our agreement with Malibu was up at the end of July. At that point, Malibu, Tige and several other boat companies wanted the opportunity to be the Official Boat of WakeWorld for the next two years, but Tige won out in the end. So big thanks to Malibu for some great years allowing us to use an amazing boat, the Wakesetter VLX. Malibu Wakesetter is the only wake boat I've ever owned, so switching is a little scary. However, congrats to Tige for really stepping up and embracing the Official Boat of WakeWorld opportunity and we look forward to working with them!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-12-2011, 7:52 AM Reply   
It will be ok David, Tige will take care of you! Tony F. will get you taken care of if anything goes wrong! The Tige people down there in TX are good people and I have enjoyed getting to know them in my 4 years of ownership.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-12-2011, 8:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05mobiuslsv View Post
Shane is a genius in my opinion, he's gonna have tremendous impact on MB as a company. Just look at what he's done in his short tenure so far, it's no cooncidence MB has been gaining the traction they have since he's been there.

I think people are just tired of the corporate sellout at Malibu as well.
You are right... Shane is a genius. I have enjoyed getting to know him this summer as he oversaw the build of my 2012 F21 Tomcat. I'm excited because I know he'll continue to push the ball forward at MB. These changes we've seen in the 2012 models are really just the beginning.

What Malibu is going through is normal for any company going from family-owned to investor-owned. But the boats still look good, IMHO.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-12-2011, 9:44 AM Reply   
Yeah, I'm definitely stoked to be working with Tige. Daniel Gutierrez seems like a really cool guy and he's pretty excited about the new Z3. I also got to meet Ben Pigeon at Surf Expo and he's super nice too. I might have to venture out to Texas to watch my new Z3 being built!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-12-2011, 10:39 AM Reply   
The last 2 years tige has kinda been the unofficial boat of wakeworld toys for tots. i know several people have been impressed with their involvement in that alone.