Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       07-02-2011, 7:57 AM Reply   
I want to get a portable battery jump starter to keep on the boat. Anyone have one that they recommend? Do you think the Costco one will be fine?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-02-2011, 10:26 AM Reply   
Just about any average jump box will do to give you a quick jump even if your battery is way down.
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-03-2011, 6:09 PM Reply   
Yup, I think this is one of those things that they are pretty much all the same. I bought a Black and Decker one from Walmart because it had an air compressor also on it. That was almost pointless. The thing took over 1/2 hour just to pump up a low pressure towable. I can only imagine if I had to blow up a 50 PSI tire.
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       07-03-2011, 6:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett564 View Post
Yup, I think this is one of those things that they are pretty much all the same. I bought a Black and Decker one from Walmart because it had an air compressor also on it. That was almost pointless. The thing took over 1/2 hour just to pump up a low pressure towable. I can only imagine if I had to blow up a 50 PSI tire.
Those compressors don't move much volume (i.e. Inflating a tube) but do ok on low volume, high pressure applications like a tire. Not ideal for a completely deflated tire but they do a decent job when used to maintain proper inflation. I have one that I use if I don't feel like hauling out the hose for the big compressor.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-03-2011, 6:37 PM Reply   
I actually bought one from wal mart, and it did great most times, but my battery actually got too low to where it didn't work. I upgraded to this one and it has jumped worked out a little better. Just my opinion
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...1&blockType=G1
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-04-2011, 8:25 AM Reply   
Costco one is top notch. Just used it a few times this weekend unfortunately...
Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-04-2011, 9:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyg View Post
Costco one is top notch. Just used it a few times this weekend unfortunately...
Another vote for the Costco Power Station. Used it @ Oroville a couple of weeks ago. Great little box.

m-
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       07-04-2011, 9:23 PM Reply   
For the input. Think I am going with the costco one because oF the return policy
Old     (ercAXISA22)      Join Date: Dec 2014       04-20-2015, 9:17 PM Reply   
I am looking at a portable small jumper to have in case my batteries on my 5.7 liter engine need jumped. This thread was old but I didn't want to start a new thread.
Old     (volzalum)      Join Date: May 2009       04-21-2015, 5:04 AM Reply   
Here is what I use:
http://www.amazon.com/Antigravity-Ba...ravity+battery
Old     (mikea)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-24-2015, 2:06 PM Reply   
I have a craftsman jumper box with:
air compressor ( yes, it takes forever and the pressure gauge on back is not correct)
2-AC outlets ( works as an inverter )
2-12v DC outlets (auto cigarette lighter type)
Blower ( for inflating tubes or sleeping mattress)
USB Charging port
and it will jump start my truck
this has worked fine, my only complaint is the air compressor, but it will get you out of a jam.

I have had to use it in house, to charge phones during power outages.
Better than having to go out to your car to charge.

http://www.craftsman.com/diehard-pla...1&blockType=G1

Mine looks different - older model -?
Old     (the_right_kind)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-25-2015, 11:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by volzalum View Post
X2