Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (RideClaytorVT)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-28-2015, 9:32 AM Reply   
Anyone ride the Potomac? I saw a Tige RZ4 on the water by the monuments last season and also an Axis A22 by Georgetown. I am looking for people who want to ride/raft up this summer. I can also give lessons to beginner & intermediate riders.....
Old     (ccelia)      Join Date: Sep 2009       04-29-2015, 8:16 AM Reply   
I am in the area and ride the Potomac almost every weekend. I normally ride a little south down at Mattowoman Creek (closer to the Occoquan/Belmont Bay area). Shoot me a PM with your contact info and lets try to link up this summer. I have a Mastercraft X45 and a decent crew that I normally go out with, but would like to meet some new riders.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       05-03-2015, 5:41 AM Reply   
I've always heard the Potomac was full of rocks and shallows. Never wanted to put my boat in there because of it.
Old     (RideClaytorVT)      Join Date: Oct 2010       05-04-2015, 8:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpass1 View Post
I've always heard the Potomac was full of rocks and shallows. Never wanted to put my boat in there because of it.
Good point, but I am sure there are areas which are decent to ride in.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       05-06-2015, 5:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideClaytorVT View Post
Good point, but I am sure there are areas which are decent to ride in.
Oh I'm sure. I just don't want to be the one to find out. It is so close, but the risk is so huge for me. I just trailer down to Lake Anna as much as I can. You are welcome to come and take some sets with us, but I can tell you that you are way out of our league in skills. We still have fun though. I am looking into picking up a quad for filming so who knows, we might be able to help each other.
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-20-2015, 7:32 AM Reply   
The Potomac isn't that bad if you use common sense. The water is rarely flat though unless you're up early. At least not in DC (too much traffic). I think the RZ is an RZ2 that's kept at Columbia Island. I've met the guys, but it's been a few years. I had close friends with a '06 LSV at the marina but it's gone. I have a VLX at Lake Anna that I'll bring in for a few long weekends this year (as work allows). I'll PM you my number Grant. If anyone else sees this you can PM me.
Old     (HushPuff)      Join Date: Feb 2014       05-21-2015, 5:15 AM Reply   
I ride mattowoman creek pretty frequently as well, only ever at high tide though... Definitely have gone face first into muck on a crash before and that is scary. Used to be out in the red/white moomba but have since upgraded to a blue a24. Will be out Sunday if anyone else is! Probably have a seat available too. Launch from Leesylvania.
Old     (twb100)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-01-2015, 10:20 AM Reply   
My boat is at columbia island. I ride most weekends and weekdays im off. I am absolutely looking for people to ride with. Definitely contact me would love to find some people in the area! 443 838 9995 text me or call anytime
Old     (twb100)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-01-2015, 10:22 AM Reply   
And the potomac has a good little cove by ft. Washington marina that I ride in. It's usually nice and flat most days....about 5 feet deep with the right tide.
Old     (CIH)      Join Date: May 2015       06-04-2015, 10:06 AM Reply   
SPots,
That's Jim's RZ2.

Be careful in that cove, there is a concrete block that sunk one of the hyperlite reps centurions years ago.

I ride all over the Pax river and currently based in the South River, spent many many years out of Columbia Island, good times.
Old     (fannin)      Join Date: Jul 2014       06-04-2015, 5:55 PM Reply   
I live in SoMD and ride in the Potomac and Breton Bay.
Old     (RideClaytorVT)      Join Date: Oct 2010       06-08-2015, 12:28 PM Reply   
If you guys are ever down to ride or might be in need of a spotter....let me know! Send me a PM, it would be cool to meet more riders in the area
Old     (mattstrykul)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-23-2015, 1:20 PM Reply   
Hey guys,
If anyone needs a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, please shoot me a pm. My girlfriend and I are looking to ride as much as possible this summer. She is beginner, I'm intermediate rider, both willing to throw down for gas/beer/food/good times on the water. Both just got new set ups as well, so really itching to get out on the potomac, or LKA.
Matt
Old     (mecca131)      Join Date: Jun 2015       06-26-2015, 2:02 PM Reply   
I live in Alexandria, and am def looking to ride in the DMV. Hit me up if you need a +1.
Old     (RideClaytorVT)      Join Date: Oct 2010       06-30-2015, 10:06 AM Reply   
Selling my 8 HP winch with 2K feet of non-stretch line and a brand new motor installed (not shown in pictures) if anyone is interested in the area!!! http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...080306429.html.
Old     (RideClaytorVT)      Join Date: Oct 2010       06-30-2015, 10:38 AM Reply   
If anyone would be down to look for winching spots in the NOVA / DC area, send me a PM!