Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (TitanBC)      Join Date: Feb 2015       03-14-2015, 11:47 PM Reply   
Hi guys,

Been lurking on this forum for the past while and jumped on an Opportunity to buy a 96 v210 from auction that had been submerged. I say opportunity because I feel like I got a pretty good price.

I have flushed out all the fluids. And was fortunate enough to have found the entire engine filled with diesel when I first picked it up. So the engine itself seems to be in pretty good shape.

What I am having trouble with is keeping the engine running. I have to pump the throttle several times moving fluid into the carb go to start and the engine will catch right away. However as soon as it uses up the fuel from that initial pump it dies. It seems as it is not getting any fuel once it's running I try to feather the throttle leave it in neutral makes no difference. I have replaced the fuel pump, and all new spark plugs. I tried to spray some quick start down the carb to try and keep the engine running but it did nothing almost like there was no vacuum to pull it down?

My thoughts are to pull apart the carb and use an overhaul kit, just a little reluctant as i have no carb experience. Any other thoughts or suggestions I would love to hear.

Next question is I have two unknown wires by the v drive I'm not sure where they go. They are in a loomed harness that comes out with a total of 6 wires( 1 black and red running to fuel tank)(1brown and black going to bilge pump) and then a black and white which i can't find where they would go.
Again help or suggestions would be appreciated. I have attached a picture of said wires...

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images