Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wayniac)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-06-2010, 4:29 PM Reply   
luckily I was able to come into contact with a sandbar this weekend, and will have to replace my prop, as I lost a blade! No other damage done, but now I must replace! Any suggestions/good bad experiences with different brands? My mastercraft had an OJ I believe, but I am open to the best quality. If I have to spend the cash I want to get what makes me happy. The stocker was a bit sluggish all weighted down. Any brands problematic? This is my first replacement so I really have no experience to draw from. Thanks for any and all suggestions/comments!!
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-06-2010, 5:14 PM Reply   
The guys at Acme are great. Tell them what you do with the boat how much weight, how fast you pull, how far of a run to your spot etc. I'm real happy with the prop they recomended for me. Told me if I was not happy to send it back and tell them what I did not like about it and they would send me a different one bassed on new info. I will buy my next one from them for sure.
Old     (h2ohangtime)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-06-2010, 7:06 PM Reply   
I second what Aaron said. I haven't purchased my new prop yet, but I had a good conversation with Bill @ Acme and he walked me through all the variables, then told me WHY he was suggesting the specific prop. I'm pretty sure both Acme and OJ are 100% CNC shops, so that shouldn't be an issue. I'd call both, though, as I've heard great things about Eric @ OJ as well.
Old     (ej_ojprop)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-07-2010, 3:36 AM Reply   
Wayne - Would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Give me a call at 800-359-9730. Thanks, Eric Johnson.
Old     (wayniac)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-07-2010, 3:40 PM Reply   
Thanks for the replies, I will give those guys a call. I also posted on GCWA and had a couple of replies telling me to be careful about shaft and bearings. Since I have never changed one before, is there anything to be careful of? Someone mentioned a prop puller as a must, should I look into buying one, or are they available to rent? I sure hope I am not changing these out every 6 mos! Someone asked about vibration and I did not have any at idle, only over 12-1300rpm so I idled the boat back, took over an hour to go what would normally take 3-4 min. but I am sure that I didnt hurt anything getting home. Out of curiosity what have others done in the same situation?