Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       03-19-2008, 2:37 PM Reply   
...what this site is all about?
http://www.companywake.com/

There was a thread on it that I can't find anymore. I'm not trying to spam or promote, just trying to figure out what the site is.

-Steve
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-19-2008, 2:50 PM Reply   
It was a guy plugging his new brand. He posted his website which doesn't even work because its not up yet.

Lame if you ask me.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-19-2008, 2:57 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-19-2008, 2:59 PM Reply   
Justin Stephens huh? isn't he a film guy? not sure what his whole angle was, but it was annoying.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-19-2008, 3:00 PM Reply   
there could be a lot of people in this world who have the name Justin Stephens.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-19-2008, 3:02 PM Reply   
how 'bout in the wake industry?
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-19-2008, 3:05 PM Reply   
you got me???
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-19-2008, 3:10 PM Reply   
I emailed them they didnt tell me any thing meaningful. We went back and forth a bit, but they told me nothing. I will look for the email and post it up.
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-19-2008, 7:32 PM Reply   
I'm confused. You emailed who?
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-19-2008, 7:34 PM Reply   
Dude, they're making edible cores for wakeboarding. Nothing else need be said. I'll be first in line for buying a board.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-20-2008, 9:35 AM Reply   
nintzel, who were you emailing back and forth with?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-20-2008, 10:05 AM Reply   
I have no Idea who was responding to my emails. They had a email up on the site, support@companywake.com.

Here are the emails:

ME-

So whats the deal here? Whats this new company? Why are you tormenting us on wakeworld.com? You are obviously watching that thread closely, seems like a risky way to launch a company, most of the people on wakeworld are pretty opinionated. So whats the deal?

Andy Nintzel

-----------------------------------------

Company Wake-

All great questions...

All I can say is that we are launching at surf expo this September, and your
going to start seeing a lot more of us soon.

Thanks for your interest!
Co. Crew

--------------------------------------------

Me-

Lame, Good Luck-

--------------------------------------------

Company Wake-

We think that you'll really like what were working on, especially when you find
out who's involved...

Thanks for the emails...

Co. Crew.

------------------------------------------------

Me-

Possibly, but then again I ride for O'brien, the greatest Company on Earth, so you better do something good. For now it is one big dick tease, and no body likes a dick tease.

andy

--------------------------------------------------

Company Wake-

All this will be is another option to check out an have fun with...A little chance of pace.

I guess just keep having fun doing what you do, and if you like our stuff, great, if not, thats fine too...

Co. Crew

-------------------------------------------------

Me-

as long as you are not making velcro pad to attach your wakeskate to your feet you will be okay in my book.

(Message edited by andy_nintzel on March 20, 2008)
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-20-2008, 10:13 AM Reply   
Looks like they are also using info@companywake.com
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-20-2008, 10:15 AM Reply   
HAHAHA, that's awesome..

First their rep. needs some typing classes
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-20-2008, 10:35 AM Reply   
You're only as good as the people representing you.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-20-2008, 10:46 AM Reply   
thats funny.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-20-2008, 11:27 AM Reply   
Its a new Flex Board Company!!!!!? Now don't laugh at my presumptions and abounding love of flex (primarily slingshot) until you read on :-)

Remembered and got these quotes from a thread i started a a month ago about "Who will be the next flex competitor"--> http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65919/543093.html?1202935277

quote:

By alias foraperson (aliasforaperson) on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 1:38 am:
Believe it or not I actually heard from a little bird that an entirely new brand is going to be launching at surf expo by some industry heavies. Keep your ears to the tracks on this one, things are going to start getting interesting...FINALLY...

quote:

By alias foraperson (aliasforaperson) on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 1:53 am:
Im going to get in trouble for posting about this. Duck and cover...

quote:

By alias foraperson (aliasforaperson) on Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 5:55 pm:
Well, while LF, Hyperlite and Ronix are all in a pissing match trying to one up eachother, Slingshot and this "rumored" new brand can swoop in behind the scenes and work on "new" stuff as opposed to camouflaging old ideas and selling them as new. I.M.O.

a few teased me (in good account, no harm:-)) about the topic, but i guess something good came from it in relation to this thread? high correlation here? highly possible!?

still doesn't really answer a whole lot, but its an additional possible lead... short lead

OHHH, and i checked this "alias foraperson (aliasforaperson)" profile and it is relatively simple with little info, but i could not help but notice that there is only 3 POSTS}to the name (the three above). Hhmmmmmmmmmmmmm. i hope i don't get him (or her) in "trouble, duck and cover..." for "posting this"
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-20-2008, 11:37 AM Reply   
I hope you get them in trouble! I hate teases!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-20-2008, 12:13 PM Reply   
it shouldn't be too hard to narrow down who the industry heavies are. just name the people that justin's worked with and take it from there.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       03-20-2008, 12:51 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-20-2008, 1:30 PM Reply   
Just emailed them and got this. I attached a copy of the godaddy.com thing you posted Umali.

-------------------------------------------------

Me:

Well we went back and forth the other day, a little investigation lead to me learning that Justin Stephens registered the user name. So what’s the deal, new gear, new production company, come on..........

I attached a good pic.

Later

--------------------------------------------------

Company Wake

Looks like you've done your homework!

Again, we can't say much until we've posted an official press release, but
just know that there are some great people involved. Its been about 3 years
in the making, and yes, Justin Stephens is behind it. He and one of the industries
leading riders partnered up to make this happen...

Co. Crew
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-20-2008, 1:50 PM Reply   
good work sherlock...
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-20-2008, 2:12 PM Reply   
Possibly a Filming company? but he's already working with liquid force films right? hmm.....
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-20-2008, 2:14 PM Reply   
him and shane working on a flex board?????
rumors are funny.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-20-2008, 2:49 PM Reply   
Its odd to think that they are being so secretive about it to me. Look at the way the O'briens launched Ronix and how successful that was. I would expect more companies to start building a buzz around them like Ronix did before anyone ever saw so much as a board. I mean if they have the "industries leading riders," and then one of the industires leading film makers they would want to build some serious hype so the brand can take the indistry by storm. Oddd.....
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-20-2008, 3:01 PM Reply   
Andy - could be someone is still under contract with some other company, and is not allowed to be doing what they are doing.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-20-2008, 3:05 PM Reply   
So where the boys at Ronix.
Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-20-2008, 3:06 PM Reply   
Andy I completly agree with you. I think it comes down to one thing and thats money. Any one can spend the 50$ on a domain name and say they are the up and coming company. But if you want to stir up the pot release some names of the riders. Ronix would not have been successful if they did not have their riders ,Herb and Paul. Neither would any of the other companies. And what a CREATIVE NAME!!! "Company" ROFL.... WOW!!! Sorry not buying it.

HERE TODAY GONE TO..morrow-wait GONE TODAY..
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-20-2008, 3:44 PM Reply   
i say we post a discussion calling them out that might work have it labeled company wake or sumthing see if they get back to that???
they prolly wont but hey worth a try
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-21-2008, 7:47 AM Reply   
Fire it up Kyle!
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-21-2008, 8:00 AM Reply   
Based on the responses so far in this thread, it looks like they've started a buzz, and quite cheaply. Buy a domain name and post on WW. Everyone is making fun of it, but we're talking about it.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       03-21-2008, 8:04 AM Reply   
man, the web seems to bring out the worst in some people...and I'm not talking about that company either...
Old     (company)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-21-2008, 12:06 PM Reply   
Questions, and maybe a few answers = info@companywake.com
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-21-2008, 12:14 PM Reply   
classic with the velcro on a wakeskate line!

Those looked so lame at surf expo last year!
Old     (company)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-21-2008, 12:33 PM Reply   
http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/205

Please watch
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-21-2008, 12:50 PM Reply   
that was good.
Old     (company)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-22-2008, 3:46 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-22-2008, 4:17 PM Reply   
Handsome dudes there "re-defining the industry"