Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-26-2008, 3:18 PM Reply   
I'm 20 years old, and have been wakeboarding for a while now. I'd say that I am in very good physical condition. However, I'm still waiting for it to warm up in Ohio and I haven't been riding. I mostly ride behind a boat, but a few times each year I get the chance to ride on the cable. I'll be going down to Orlando in two weeks to get a little bit of riding in before my season really starts. I am planning on riding three days in a row. For not living near a cable, I'd say that I am pretty familiar with it and I know that no matter what I do, I will be sore when I wake up to ride my second day. I've been very active all winter, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what types of exercises I should really focus on during my two weeks before going down. I'd like to try and minimize the soreness so that I can ride all three days to the best of my ability..
Old     (sciotorider)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-26-2008, 6:12 PM Reply   
im not really sure what to myself. ive just been tryin to hit the gym as much as possible and really work my legs and lower back by doing leg presses leg curls and lunges. id like to hear what everyone else does to keep in shape myself. im goin to orlando in 3 weeks and really need to push myself some more in the gym so any other input would be great
Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-26-2008, 6:29 PM Reply   
Squats, deadlifts, rowing and pull ups are all going to help strengthen your back, legs and arms and keep them from being sore the day after you ride. Core work is super important too since you're using tons of core while riding. Get a good stretch in too before you ride and you should be good to go!
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-27-2008, 5:28 AM Reply   
I don't care how hard I work out during the winter, I'm always sore the first few days back on the cable. I'd say don't take really long sets. Work yourself into it gradually.