Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old     (airwaker)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-21-2008, 4:36 PM Reply   
i just broke my shane 132, so i ordered a Ronix 1. ive been pumped all week to get this board. i got it today and went out behind a boat w/ a very little wake. after riding it im not that sure i bought the right board. im definitely NOT ruling it out until i go behind my boat or another boat w/ a wake. but, going from the shane 132 to the ronix 137, it seemed that the ronix was hard to throw around. it seemed like i had problems lifting off the wake. it felt like i had lead boots on. i did have the fins on the baord. i am hoping some other riders can tell me that ill like it more tomarrow when i get behind my SAN. or it rides looser and faster w/ the fins off.....
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-21-2008, 5:49 PM Reply   
I know many people that did not like it the first time. Have patience. Also, the Shane has an obnoxious rocker on it. You are actually taking a step down. Be patient and give it another shot.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-21-2008, 8:47 PM Reply   
the fins that come on the one are too big, put some .7s on it and the board will be sick, i rode the one for a season and only stopped because i ride a lot of cable and would break off two fins a week and it was getting annoying and really expensive
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-22-2008, 10:24 AM Reply   
Yeah, it took about 4 or 5 sets before I really liked it. I came off of a Watson, and I was positive that I had picked the wrong board. Just give it some time and I'm sure you will love it after about the 5th set.

It just takes some getting used to, but once you do, you will wonder why you ever wasted your time on anything else.

I ride the tail finless, and the nose with the 1.0 Ronix fins. It's alot better finless to me.
Old     (airwaker)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-22-2008, 10:57 AM Reply   
ryan, it looks to me like the 1 has way more rocker than the shane. im taking the fins off and riding later today. thanks for yalls input
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-22-2008, 5:35 PM Reply   
I ride the worlds smallest wake. I love my ronix one.
Old     (badassstang2006)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-22-2008, 8:36 PM Reply   
dude i had the same problem. went from shane to ronix one and i hated the ronix one. dont want to tell you but go back to the shane thats an amazing board to ride. i keep goin back to mine everytime,
Old     (airwaker)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-22-2008, 8:43 PM Reply   
all right, i went out today behind a decent boat. i like the board much better today. i started out finless (not for long) and i felt like i was rinding on ice. put the fins back on and it rode much better. its just a much different ride from my shane, even though the boards are very similiar. the shane that im used to is loose when i want it loose and tracks hard on edge. not to mention a fast board. the ronix one seems slower to me, but alot more stable of a board. i landed 3 for 3 back rolls (which is good for me). off the wake i think the boards are both pretty explosive. not sure if im gonna keep the ronix or go back to my shane. i tried to put some smaller fins on the ONE, but i couldnt get any of my fins off old boards to match up. do i have to order fins specially made for a ONE?
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-22-2008, 8:46 PM Reply   
I remember someone saying that ronix is going to be making smaller fins you can buy, but I still havent seen them.
Old     (airwaker)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-22-2008, 8:48 PM Reply   
jason, i failed to mention earlier in this thread that i ordered a ronix one 137 and an '07 shane 132. i am going to sell which ever one i dont like. i really want to like this ronix. the plan is to ride the ONE for a week. then go back to my shane for a few sets and make up my mind.
Old     (airwaker)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-22-2008, 8:49 PM Reply   
Kyle, where did you get the .7s for the ronix?? or were you just saying? i agree, this board might be best riden w/ a .7 fin.
Old     (nvboarder)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-22-2008, 9:27 PM Reply   
Hyperlite .7 will work also if you have any laying around or your board shop carries them. Thats what I am using on mine.
Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       03-22-2008, 10:01 PM Reply   
I rode a one for a season. I liked it for a while but I quickly realized that the board is slow and correct form is crucial into getting the right pop. If you hit the wake right, the pop is explosive. I'm gonna be riding a transcend this season but I also rode the shane which I personally liked better than the one cus it's a much more relaxing board. With it's speed, the board does half the work for you. Good luck, I hope you enjoy the one.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-23-2008, 11:00 AM Reply   
I didn't get used to my One until about the 4th ride. It definitly takes some getting used to. I love it now though
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-23-2008, 1:50 PM Reply   
the angle on the rocker may be a bit different but in my opinion, the rocker on the shane is more aggressive.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-24-2008, 9:06 PM Reply   
Trevor, they are making .8 fins and 1.2 (I believe that is it, if not, its almost exactly the same) for the Ronix line of boards.

Hyperlite Fins will fit on the one though.