Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old     (showmedonttellme)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-22-2008, 12:54 AM Reply   
Hey Guys,
Did Travis Moye drive all riders for Park's D.O.N. contest or did certain ridings pick other drivers? Just wondering.
Old     (showmedonttellme)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-22-2008, 1:00 AM Reply   
p.s. i'm an old man aged 35 dont be arses like thats an easy question. i can see rusty wanting danny, etc
Old     (showmedonttellme)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-22-2008, 1:18 AM Reply   
Come on Umali i know ur awake.
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-22-2008, 4:33 AM Reply   
I only drove for Murray. Double Ups are a very personal thing, and I think a lot of guys just want their buddy driving. But, watching from the shore I can tell you a lot of guys would have been better off without their buddies driving!
Old     (kneeboarddad)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-22-2008, 5:31 AM Reply   
Travis- Have you considered giving driving lessons for dad's, especially double ups. The double up is the bane of dad's everywhere. I talk to other dad's (mom just won't do it) around the country at different venues and we share the similar malady of the quadruple "D". Dad's Dissed when Driving Double ups.

It can ruin your whole set. Everything is going well and then you get the dreaded "dub up" sign. You say to yourself "Oh sh_ _! I hate these." I get maybe one in four right. I drive it too open, or too close, or I didn't set the wake up right, or I sped thru it or lost too much speed.

When they were younger they would let you know how frustrated they were with a verbal "why can't you do it like I showed you". Now they just look at me and the look says it all. "How can we have the same DNA?"

Please- we dads don't need anyone coming here and listing how you drive a double up. We have been told, given diagrams and forced to watch videos to no avail. What we want is a lesson from someone other than junior.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-22-2008, 5:37 AM Reply   
David I feel your pain!!
Old     (blind)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-22-2008, 6:33 AM Reply   
call me strange, but if I had the cash to spend a week at the boarding school I would spend most of my time working on my driving with Travis.
Old     (02ssv)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-22-2008, 7:15 AM Reply   
Keep driving them. When I wanted my wife to learn to drive them I just took a 45 min set and had her drive one after another. She has them perfect now, or at least she did last time she drove (2 months ago). I hope she didn't forget.
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-22-2008, 8:55 AM Reply   
I help people at the camp all the time with it. But, one thing that really helps, is if you stand up or squat in the seat and get a better view of the rollers coming at you. It really makes a difference. I do it a lot in contest, or at least until I get a pattern I am really comfortable with. Also, try taking your sunglasses off. I know it may sound dumb. But, especially if you are wearing polarized lenses certain water colors can make it look different. You just have to spend a little time doing it and asking your rider what they would like done differently. You'll figure it out.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-22-2008, 9:58 AM Reply   
Great question David, It so depends on where you are riding at too. The depth of the water, conditions. I so feel the pain of being the parental driver, my view is, unless you have travis moye driving, you can't always be assured of "the perfect double up". So after seeing the rolled eyes or the slapped water my response is "don't blame me cuz you suck, I know 7 ways to drown you! LOL!! PS Randy, thanks for the shots!
Old    alanp            03-22-2008, 11:21 AM Reply   
^haha that was very funny.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-22-2008, 11:26 AM Reply   
thats some $h*t my mom would say to me n my brothers..hahah
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-22-2008, 6:59 PM Reply   
Travis.....forget about the double ups...can you teach my husband just how to pull me straight???