Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-06-2013, 5:54 PM Reply   
I know some of you have had to see it by now!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-06-2013, 6:04 PM Reply   
Here's some. I'm not saying a word!
Attached Images

Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       09-06-2013, 6:05 PM Reply   
Do. Not. Want.

Ever.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-06-2013, 6:15 PM Reply   
Is that the drivers compartment from the bat-mo-boat? I love the throw pillows!!
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-06-2013, 6:25 PM Reply   
Ahhhhh... is it.. umm no... ohh i get it... nope... wait... (takes a drink of beer)... someone please explain
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-06-2013, 6:27 PM Reply   
surf functionality, that boat is a beast...
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       09-06-2013, 6:28 PM Reply   
guy in the second pic looks like he's thinking, something just ain't right here, just sayin
Old     (tnvolgrad)      Join Date: Dec 2010       09-06-2013, 6:34 PM Reply   
Gay - I bet they hired the same douche bag that designed the Mastercraft tower to design this POS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-06-2013, 6:36 PM Reply   
My initial thought was "john boat". Worthless boat.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-06-2013, 6:41 PM Reply   
If there is storage under the seats from stern to bow, imagine the dong shaped enzo sac that will go down the side. It will be like 2500# in a single bladder.
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       09-06-2013, 6:45 PM Reply   
That's a big dong
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-06-2013, 6:45 PM Reply   
It doesn't matter how much weight the boat can hold. It's still the ugliest wake/surf boat I have ever seen.
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       09-06-2013, 6:46 PM Reply   
That boat is awful though.
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       09-06-2013, 7:28 PM Reply   
Wouldn't be so bad if they did more of a inland salt water mastercraft-esq style but the little bubble driver console reminds me of a mid fifties concept slash Simpsons contraption. Y-U-K!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-06-2013, 7:37 PM Reply   
If they set out to build an ugly ass boat well hey look here home run jack.
Old     (v10rider)      Join Date: Oct 2012       09-06-2013, 7:49 PM Reply   
What the heck is that?
Old     (zap)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-06-2013, 8:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post
It doesn't matter how much weight the boat can hold. It's still the ugliest wake/surf boat I have ever seen.
CSX was pretty darn ugly,

But I think your right.....
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-06-2013, 8:04 PM Reply   
Holy train wreck. That is awful. It could be the biggest, most perfect shaped wake and I still would never even drop 10k on it. Holy crapola
Old     (Tnsatbhs)      Join Date: Jun 2013       09-06-2013, 8:07 PM Reply   
Wow is all I can say... Honestly one of the ugliest boats I have ever seen.
Old     (kronoss)      Join Date: Oct 2010       09-06-2013, 8:23 PM Reply   
Nobody can deny the fact that it got most "views" at surfexpo! I honestly had to look at it about 5 times until i believed my eyes, I thought it was a deck boat at first.

Very curious on the price of it.
Old     (jk13)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-06-2013, 8:24 PM Reply   
So... Ferrari themed front end complete with carbon fiber scoops. Then drop something that reminds me of Guido from the movie Cars in the middle of it. Seems legit.

I'm sure the parasail companies at resorts will love them. Throw pillows and all.
Old     (kronoss)      Join Date: Oct 2010       09-06-2013, 8:27 PM Reply   
Here is another pic of it.
Attached Images

Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       09-06-2013, 8:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce2320 View Post
That's a big dong
Just like you like it Bryce!
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-07-2013, 5:51 AM Reply   
Correct me if I'm wrong but it is a concept boat not production. Just like concept cars that are far out there. I love a company that is thinking outside the box.
Don't get me wrong it is ugly but ideas are born from ideas.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-07-2013, 6:18 AM Reply   
Mabey my phone is not showing me what others are seeing but I don't see it as That diffrent looking then all the other pickle fork style boats out. And that's saying I don't think it looks bad Looks like the driver is moved to the center and the front is a Bit longer but that's about it I don't see it as ULGY as everyone says.
The word ULGY & Boats needs to be reserved for WAKECRAFT. I think that had to be one of the most stupid fugly looking boats to EVER hit the water but yet I saw a lot of people here on W/W saying they look great. "Well what do you know" I guess if you plasti dipped it ( people here seem to love plasti dip) all black with green highlights so it looked like a can of monster energy drink people here would love it.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-07-2013, 6:41 AM Reply   
Yeah I don't think your phone is showing you what others are seeing. Is not the exterior that is so ugly but the interior. The layout is just goofy and the console drive outside of the fishing boat work just didn't work. Is to utilitarian.
Old     (Bamabonners)      Join Date: Jul 2011       09-07-2013, 6:42 AM Reply   
Ugliest. wakeboat. Ever.
Old     (Khyber)      Join Date: Mar 2013       09-07-2013, 7:28 AM Reply   
I like that they are trying to think outside the box, but looks like the
offspring of a wakeboard boat and bay boat
Old     (machloosy)      Join Date: Mar 2013       09-07-2013, 7:30 AM Reply   
The front looks like a Pagani Zonda. I bet it will surf like a beast. Hope it's a concept.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-07-2013, 7:39 AM Reply   
Maybe a dumb question and maybe its missing because its a nonworking concept boat, BUT where is the throttle?
Old     (priszkid)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-07-2013, 7:54 AM Reply   
I'm betting the throttle is a barefoot gas pedal
Old     (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       09-07-2013, 9:13 AM Reply   
It's good to be different. I'd surf it.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-07-2013, 9:44 AM Reply   
I like it. It's fine. But it's not making me jump out of my shoes and its novel concepts are not going to make me buy it.

I can see the huge playpen being attractive to some buyers. I do not like that the only seat back facing forwards is in front of the driver. Preferably there would be some pop up seat backs flanking forward view of the center console.

Also, either the center console or the driver's seat must not be centered (or so it appears). It looks like the driver must enter the seat from port side only, as the seat is too cramped against the starboard side. And neither do I see a throttle, although it may be there hidden by the wall of the center console. What is absolutely missing is an arm rest for the right arm.

I also wouldn't have the center console wrap so fully around the driver. The only thing I would hate on that boat (that comes to mind right now) is the vertical frame down the center of the windshield.

I think the throw cushions are meant to be suggestive of what purposes such a roomy playpen serves. And I bet that that aspect alone will be it's biggest distinguishing factor among all other surf boats. And that might make it sell, despite the weight of opinion above. However, since this is a men's only site, we haven't got much feedback from the other half of the boat riding population.

Overall, I think that boat might do well for Centurion. If a friend or family member were shopping for it, I wouldn't discourage. I would probably encourage them and be sure to ask to drive it some day. I've never driven a center console anything, and wonder what that would be like.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-07-2013, 10:25 AM Reply   
It also looks like that providing a rear view mirror is going to take a miniature engine-lift style arm off the tower. If this boat is is a concept boat, I'd have the designer toy with the idea of broadening that center console, and at least having the sidewalls recede forwardly so the driver can swing his or her feet in.

The more I look at this boat, the more I actually appreciate aspects of it. Also, that first picture, I like the lines of the boat as seen by persons outside of the boat. But the center console as it is ... is too jet ski for me ??? I can't put my finger on it ... too Harley-Davidson ??? when I wouldn't want that on a boat. It seems like the only isolated spot on the boat for anybody is the helm ... and there the driver sits in a virtual cone of silence (ie., from Get Smart).
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-07-2013, 2:06 PM Reply   
Us old folks might think it shares some of its unique looks with the original Centurion specialty wake boat, the Wave, circa 96 or so?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-07-2013, 6:13 PM Reply   
Those interior pieces in the front look like orange dongs.
Old     (CarZin)      Join Date: Feb 2011       09-07-2013, 7:14 PM Reply   
It is a concept boat. It likely will change a lot for the release, if it is released. As a centurion owner, I hate it.

They would do better to build a 25 foot Enzo.
Old     (Gnargnar)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-07-2013, 10:00 PM Reply   
Chatt I didn't see the dongs at first, can't stop laughing now haha
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-08-2013, 5:10 AM Reply   
"I like it. It's fine."
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-08-2013, 8:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
Those interior pieces in the front look like orange dongs.
Oh man I will never see this boat the same way again.
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-08-2013, 9:27 AM Reply   
Complete wrap-around seating with no rear-facing seats or backrests. Great idea, glad to see Centurion is really trying to make the worst boat ever.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-08-2013, 12:29 PM Reply   
I agree about the cramped drivers cockpit. If this boats main purpose is surfing take a look at how most drivers sit when you drive. Sideways. Why would they make the cockpit so that sitting sideways was very hard???. Another thought came to mind. Remember the Side by side Jet Ski's that had a steering wheel that you could slide from right to left so the driver could hand the wheel to the passenger or vice/versa so that depending on what side the boat was leaning the driver could sit or switch position to best suit them.I Was thinking about a very simple drivers cockpit that had almost NO helm. Just the bare minimum sicking up and making it possible to walk or move fully around the helm. This would allow the driver to sit anyway he or she felt comfortable. I to agree centurion is often the first to come out with new Ideas but often the last to profit from them. They are great inventors but others always seem to refine their ideas and market them better. The Orignal wake surf boat "The Wave" was a center seat. Years later Mastercraft had a center console off shore boat. I think it' was the CCX? Concept boats are a great idea it give company's a chance to see what the market us thinking and mabey have the public offer up some ideas the company may have over looked.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       09-08-2013, 5:15 PM Reply   
I personally love the design of it. The more interior space you can get, the better. I think it's a very innovative and awesome design. Plenty of seating, comfortable seating. It reminds me of a lounge area more than a boat. The only place you REALLY need any of the mechanical stuff is in the center of the boat.
As it is now, when surfing, the driver stands in the middle of the boat and steers when surfing regular so the weight evens out more.
I'm guessing it also has plenty of under seat storage and plenty of ballast underneath the floor. I would LOVE to have a boat like this.
It's different, but that's why I like it.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       09-08-2013, 5:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by phathom View Post
I personally love the design of it. The more interior space you can get, the better. I think it's a very innovative and awesome design. Plenty of seating, comfortable seating. It reminds me of a lounge area more than a boat. The only place you REALLY need any of the mechanical stuff is in the center of the boat.
As it is now, when surfing, the driver stands in the middle of the boat and steers when surfing regular so the weight evens out more.
I'm guessing it also has plenty of under seat storage and plenty of ballast underneath the floor. I would LOVE to have a boat like this.
It's different, but that's why I like it.
Well, if Centurion uses this thread for market research they can conclude that 1/43 people like this boat
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       09-08-2013, 5:52 PM Reply   
For Centurion, 1/43 is far more than enough for them to start production. When one guy (who happened to be the CEO) wants a huge I/O wakeboat for surfing and they make a new model just for that, 1/43 people is like 1,000,000x more popular than that. I'd expect to see them in full production in a week of viewing this thread
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-09-2013, 6:59 AM Reply   
If I were a dealer of another brand, I would make sure to get a spot next to the centurion booth at the boat show. That turd would improve your sales for sure.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       09-09-2013, 7:09 AM Reply   
Not really a "new" design, remember the MC CSX?
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       09-09-2013, 7:10 AM Reply   
CSX was a little more "cross sport extreme" and this boat appears to be dedicated to surfing, but still center console concept.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-09-2013, 11:45 AM Reply   
What happens when you go over surfing speed? Everything flies out, that's what happens.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       09-09-2013, 11:47 AM Reply   
^ Why would you ever want to do that?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-09-2013, 11:52 AM Reply   
Anyone know if it's just a concept?
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-09-2013, 12:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakedaveup View Post
CSX was a little more "cross sport extreme" and this boat appears to be dedicated to surfing, but still center console concept.
CSX was also configured similarly to other center console boats with a standing console and leaning post type driver's position.
Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-09-2013, 12:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailem View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but it is a concept boat not production. Just like concept cars that are far out there. I love a company that is thinking outside the box.
Don't get me wrong it is ugly but ideas are born from ideas.
Agreed. Radical, yes. Ugly, maybe. But I like that they threw it out there. Congrats to Centurion.
Old     (CarZin)      Join Date: Feb 2011       09-09-2013, 1:16 PM Reply   
"Anyone know if it's just a concept? "

yes, as stated above at least twice, it is a concept boat.
Old     (kronoss)      Join Date: Oct 2010       09-09-2013, 1:28 PM Reply   
I would love to see a concept where its more like a car, where you have the winshield all the way in the front of the boat, with cockpit, and then full wrap around seating around the boat, with the driver sitting in the middle front area, with a swivel seat.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       09-09-2013, 1:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronoss View Post
I would love to see a concept where its more like a car, where you have the winshield all the way in the front of the boat, with cockpit, and then full wrap around seating around the boat, with the driver sitting in the middle front area, with a swivel seat.
Has to be ejector seats.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-09-2013, 1:40 PM Reply   
I think it's the perfect boat for napping! Rest your head against an orange dong, stretch out, and nap away!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-09-2013, 2:00 PM Reply   
Dislike!!!! That thing is effin ugly!!!
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       09-09-2013, 2:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by phathom View Post
^ Why would you ever want to do that?
Um, because you want to get from the launch to your surf spot quicker!! come on, haven't you paid attention to anything all the times I've taken you out on the water????

Same reason why bass boats have huge engines. To get there quicker.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-09-2013, 2:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarZin View Post
"Anyone know if it's just a concept? "

yes, as stated above at least twice, it is a concept boat.
There's no confirmation in any of those posts, that's why I asked. There's only speculation from what I can tell.
Old     (CarZin)      Join Date: Feb 2011       09-09-2013, 4:23 PM Reply   
It's not speculation. Heard it direct from someone who attended and got all the information direct.
Old     (LKASurfing)      Join Date: Nov 2011       09-09-2013, 4:34 PM Reply   
Bri Chmel stated on her Facebook page that it was a concept boat.

Congrats to any boat manufacture for pushing boundaries with boat design!