Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-27-2021, 3:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Raising the age for SS and Medicare would be a good start. Maybe a 10% haircut for the military. Stop all foreign aid to countries that hate us. Sure would like to have those pallets of cash back from Iran that Obama sent.

But remember that social security is mostly funded through payroll tax. So you are effectively raising taxes if you make people pay longer before collecting.

Let’s say you get ALL of the Obama Iran cash back, and let’s assume that it wasn’t unfrozen Iranian assets but rather our money to begin with, and let’s assume it’s at the very high end at $2B. I’ll even let you assume that you could save that much every year rather than it being a one time payment. Only 798B to go.

Foreign Aid is $22B. Assume we cut half of that…. So $787B to go.

Last edited by shawndoggy; 04-27-2021 at 3:40 AM.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-27-2021, 6:00 AM Reply   
Well... Good thing I’m not the one writing budgets. I Googled US budget and got a bunch of pie charts that largely didn’t agree with one another. Not sure what to believe. This is where we need our resident truth seeker, Delta. He’s got more time than me.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-27-2021, 6:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
This is why governments don't have citizen lead budgeting. I don't know what that is = cut it. No idea what it's for, no idea what the cost of not having it is, just cut it. No problem spending $700b on fighter jets used to drop bombs on civilians in far away lands tho.
Ah. So people that get elected are better at budgeting. Lol. You can't throw up a pie chart(which has inaccurate numbers btw) and say balance it. Its not something that will happen overnight. It could take years but can be done.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-27-2021, 6:07 AM Reply   
But remember that social security is mostly funded through payroll tax"

I don't believe FICA tax funds it. Its SS tax but could be wrong.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-27-2021, 6:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
But remember that social security is mostly funded through payroll tax"

I don't believe FICA tax funds it. Its SS tax but could be wrong.
SS is funded by the SS trust fund. The money in the trust fund comes from FICA tax and is invested in payable on demand T bills.

Last edited by fly135; 04-27-2021 at 6:30 AM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-27-2021, 7:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Well... Good thing I’m not the one writing budgets. I Googled US budget and got a bunch of pie charts that largely didn’t agree with one another. Not sure what to believe. This is where we need our resident truth seeker, Delta. He’s got more time than me.
Huh, weird. It's almost like it's harder than it looks?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-27-2021, 7:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
SS is funded by the SS trust fund. The money in the trust fund comes from FICA tax and is invested in payable on demand T bills.
How is Social Security financed?
Social Security is financed through a dedicated payroll tax. Employers and employees each pay 6.2 percent of wages up to the taxable maximum of $142,800 (in 2021), while the self-employed pay 12.4 percent.

In 2019, $944.5 billion (89 percent) of total Old-Age and Survivors Insurance and Disability Insurance income came from payroll taxes. The remainder was provided by interest earnings $80.8 billion (7.6 percent) and revenue from taxation of OASDI benefits $36.5 billion (3.4 percent).

The payroll tax rates are set by law, and for OASI and DI, apply to earnings up to a certain amount. This amount, called the earnings base, rises as average wages increase.

https://www.ssa.gov/news/press/facts...12.4%20percent.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-27-2021, 9:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Oh this is an instant classic. Another black democrat gets to meet the popo. This time for a DUI. Let’s see how far his black privilege gets him.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/michigan-...ll-gov-whitmer
When they would arrest black people at my wifes work when Obama got elected, they would yell that they can't be arrested because they are in the white house now. I think the black community has been lied to or lied to each other for so long they believe this stuff. Now you are seeing the fall out. They finally figured out that there is no one to shield them from bad behavior. This current situation I believe is acting out and trying to normalize bad behavior instead of having a self reckoning in that community
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-27-2021, 9:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post

Cut every dime of foreign aid and you get max 1% of the 20% you need.

Sure, I agree that there are trade offs. I'm saying you are emperor of the universe for a day and you have a red pen -- WHERE EXACTLY do you cut 20% of the budget from?
Social Security should not be included in income and payouts. That is supposed to be in a "lock box".
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-27-2021, 9:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
I just make the time. Besides, mind is moving 100 miles an hour with fingers to match.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-27-2021, 9:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Huh, weird. It's almost like it's harder than it looks?
Pretty simple really to take a chuck out of it. Quit sending jobs to overseas where American workers have to compete against slave labor and no regulation. Payroll taxes go up, however the profit margin off a pair of nike's will go down since they can't make them for a quarter an hour.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-27-2021, 9:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Social Security should not be included in income and payouts. That is supposed to be in a "lock box".
So you are saying a net zero on the budget? Whew, guess you'll need to find the missing $800B somewhere else Delta. I look forward to your efforts.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-27-2021, 9:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Pretty simple really to take a chuck out of it. Quit sending jobs to overseas where American workers have to compete against slave labor and no regulation. Payroll taxes go up, however the profit margin off a pair of nike's will go down since they can't make them for a quarter an hour.
But given that payroll taxes only cover social security that doesn't really help does it?

Do you mean income taxes go up?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-27-2021, 10:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
But given that payroll taxes only cover social security that doesn't really help does it?

Right now, there are thousands in not hundred thousand of jobs in China and else where that are allowed to be there for what ever reason. Let's go with the Nike example. They pay these people what $0.25 and hour to make millions of shoes? They sell them for $100 to $200 a pair to us. Nike shelters itself though various means. Give colleges crap loads of shoes for their sports programs. Write offs for them. The government gets to collect zero taxes for the workers. Has zero say in the environmental standards. Nike Shelters their income, does not even need to bring it on shore in most cases.

I guess what you need to ask yourself as a anti corporate party (ironic since all the big corporate people are democrats), is if all the corporations are cheaters and are not paying their fair share then why are you allowing corporations to offshore our jobs and then hide their revenue? Not only are you allowing it, you are putting it into law that they must do so to share our wealth.

The point is. You are not anti corporation as a party. You are anti American. You just like to say things that sound good but you have to look at the policy. The policy never matches the word of the democrats when it comes to America first. There is a reason. marxism

Last edited by DeltaHoosier; 04-27-2021 at 10:04 AM.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-27-2021, 10:03 AM Reply   
Quote:

Income tax revenues up. Payroll taxes go up. Money in the local economy to be taxed another dozen times goes up. More money for more secondary job creation goes up.

Money from benefits from the government (payouts) go down. These are the citizens of our country. Either they are paying for themselves or the government (we the people) are paying for them. If they are not working then we are paying for them.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-27-2021, 10:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
There is a reason. marxism
You're gonna have to remind me about the part of the Manifesto where Marx advocated for multinational corporations' exploitation of workers in poor countries, Delta. I missed that chapter. It's going to be super embarrassing if I get called on it at the next local workers committee meeting too.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-27-2021, 10:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Money from benefits from the government (payouts) go down. These are the citizens of our country. Either they are paying for themselves or the government (we the people) are paying for them. If they are not working then we are paying for them.
So I think you'd agree (but maybe not?) that social security is it's own beast and shouldn't be touched. Maybe you feel the same about medicare for those over 65. The national debt is also "what it is," so that's a locked cost.

But let's say we cut ALL social safety net programs. That only gets you a little less than halfway there to a balanced budget.

Safety net programs: About 8 percent of the federal budget in 2019, or $361 billion, supported programs that provide aid (other than health insurance or Social Security benefits) to individuals and families facing hardship. Safety net programs include: the refundable portions of the Earned Income Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit, which assist low- and moderate-income working families; programs that provide cash payments to eligible individuals or households, including Supplemental Security Income for the elderly or disabled poor and unemployment insurance; various forms of in-kind assistance for low-income people, including SNAP (food stamps), school meals, low-income housing assistance, child care assistance, and help meeting home energy bills; and various other programs such as those that aid abused or neglected children.

https://www.cbpp.org/research/federa...ing%20hardship.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-27-2021, 10:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
You're gonna have to remind me about the part of the Manifesto where Marx advocated for multinational corporations' exploitation of workers in poor countries, Delta. I missed that chapter. It's going to be super embarrassing if I get called on it at the next local workers committee meeting too.
Na. you guys know you can not get rid of corporations right away. heck they fund you. What you do need is to destroy the border first. proof is in the pudding. Why does kalifornia have sanctuary laws shielding illegals and even as a matter of policy fund them with health insurance and education. purposely keep them from being counted in data collection where they can. Now the state has 25% foreign born people as the population. You make national policies to move jobs our of country and propose treaties where foreign countries such as china can American business for doing business in America or sue us over pollution.

All those things are designed to destroy our borders and to the end of marx is to have a border less society where workers can move freely.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-27-2021, 10:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
So I think you'd agree (but maybe not?) that social security is it's own beast and shouldn't be touched. Maybe you feel the same about medicare for those over 65. The national debt is also "what it is," so that's a locked cost.

But let's say we cut ALL social safety net programs. That only gets you a little less than halfway there to a balanced budget.

Safety net programs: About 8 percent of the federal budget in 2019, or $361 billion, supported programs that provide aid (other than health insurance or Social Security benefits) to individuals and families facing hardship. Safety net programs include: the refundable portions of the Earned Income Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit, which assist low- and moderate-income working families; programs that provide cash payments to eligible individuals or households, including Supplemental Security Income for the elderly or disabled poor and unemployment insurance; various forms of in-kind assistance for low-income people, including SNAP (food stamps), school meals, low-income housing assistance, child care assistance, and help meeting home energy bills; and various other programs such as those that aid abused or neglected children.

https://www.cbpp.org/research/federa...ing%20hardship.
quit with the regulations and people would not need many of those subsidize. Just like Kalifornia. It takes over 30k a couple decades ago for permits just to build a house. Ok, so the town gets their hands in the pot for one time. All it does is raise the costs of the house to the buyer. Great little game though. Town and state gets the permit fees and even collects a little more of their artificially gained 1% of the fees. So what does the state do? They have to fund down payments for first time buyers where they give them 3% down payment and even closing costs on a $500,000 house.

Or you can point to the carbon tax scam. They just push that cost to us or the cut programs like cutting back trees so we don't burn thousands of people alive due to forests that the government says they can not cut anyway. So costs to the people go up.

point is, every time they add another hurdle it adds cost. Another cost is passed down to the lowest person and you end up with so many people who can not even afford to participate and you get what you have in kalifornia now. You have a mess caused by government trying to be solved by government that can not be solved. Why? They simply drove the cost of basic living so high that many simply can not reach the threshold. Remember, a family making $108,000 a year is eligible for low income assistance for housing. Don't worry, there is a department in the government that handles the assistance.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-27-2021, 10:31 AM Reply   
So california's sanctuary law is intended to help Nike and then Nike ruins America by exploiting foreign workers overseas to sell cheap shoes in America and bring the capitalist profits from the exploitation back to America, just like Marx wants? How does the presence or absence of a border help Nike sell shoes? How do the Marxists seize the shoe factory if it's overseas? Sorry this conspiracy is more vast than they tell me about at the local indoctrination center.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-27-2021, 10:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Matter of fact considering they did not really have mulit national corps during marx time, he may actually approve. That is the power of investors right? Power to the people.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-27-2021, 10:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
quit with the regulations and people would not need many of those subsidize. Just like Kalifornia. It takes over 30k a couple decades ago for permits just to build a house. Ok, so the town gets their hands in the pot for one time. All it does is raise the costs of the house to the buyer. Great little game though. Town and state gets the permit fees and even collects a little more of their artificially gained 1% of the fees. So what does the state do? They have to fund down payments for first time buyers where they give them 3% down payment and even closing costs on a $500,000 house.

Or you can point to the carbon tax scam. They just push that cost to us or the cut programs like cutting back trees so we don't burn thousands of people alive due to forests that the government says they can not cut anyway. So costs to the people go up.

point is, every time they add another hurdle it adds cost. Another cost is passed down to the lowest person and you end up with so many people who can not even afford to participate and you get what you have in kalifornia now. You have a mess caused by government trying to be solved by government that can not be solved. Why? They simply drove the cost of basic living so high that many simply can not reach the threshold. Remember, a family making $108,000 a year is eligible for low income assistance for housing. Don't worry, there is a department in the government that handles the assistance.
Isn't California running a budget surplus this year? I thought we were talking about the federal deficit?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-27-2021, 10:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
So california's sanctuary law is intended to help Nike and then Nike ruins America by exploiting foreign workers overseas to sell cheap shoes in America and bring the capitalist profits from the exploitation back to America, just like Marx wants? How does the presence or absence of a border help Nike sell shoes? How do the Marxists seize the shoe factory if it's overseas? Sorry this conspiracy is more vast than they tell me about at the local indoctrination center.
Na. Kalifornia's sanctuary law is to protect democrats position on destroying the border and spreading Americas wealth. The democrats making policy where they push jobs to 3rd world countries by a matter of policy happens to protect Nike. Democrats need the corporations that they project against (great fundraisers and world wide voice via facebook and twitter). It is just a win win for the democrats and Nike, not a conspiracy. Just good ol business. Ever notice the change in corporate support for the democrat party in recent corporate leadership?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-27-2021, 10:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Matter of fact considering they did not really have mulit national corps during marx time, he may actually approve.
Huh, you might want to let the colonized world of the 19th century know. All of the earliest corporations were founded on the exact principle you are citing (exploit poor nations for labor and raw materials). Have you heard of the East India Company by chance? No matter, London resident Marx had.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-27-2021, 10:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Na. Kalifornia's sanctuary law is to protect democrats position on destroying the border and spreading Americas wealth. The democrats making policy where they push jobs to 3rd world countries by a matter of policy happens to protect Nike. Democrats need the corporations that they project against (great fundraisers and world wide voice via facebook and twitter). It is just a win win for the democrats and Nike, not a conspiracy. Just good ol business. Ever notice the change in corporate support for the democrat party in recent corporate leadership?
So how does Nike exploiting poor countries to bring profits to America "spread Americas wealth"? Doesn't that actually concentrate America's wealth back here in America?

I do really appreciate your ignorance of Marxism as a political philosophy. It provides you great latitude to blame every perceived ill on it because you aren't bound by actual understanding of its principles.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-27-2021, 11:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
So how does Nike exploiting poor countries to bring profits to America "spread Americas wealth"? Doesn't that actually concentrate America's wealth back here in America?

I do really appreciate your ignorance of Marxism as a political philosophy. It provides you great latitude to blame every perceived ill on it because you aren't bound by actual understanding of its principles.
I think I understand it well enough. You just want to believe that your party has to push for it all at once. They know they can not. Why do you think you party is into incremental change and rights removals? They are playing the long game. Get in the school systems. Done. Flood the country with illegals so their children will vote for destroy the border. done and continuing. Try and remove our gun rights. Harder than they want, but places like Kalifornia have a bit of a playbook and the democrats in Washington have promoted every single major position to kalifornia radical. VP, Speaker of the House, cabinet positions, etc. Can't remove freedom of speech via the constitution, but they sure can use their corporate partners to do so.

Who says Nike is bringing corporate profits to America. Don't you democrats tell us day in and day out that corporations do not pay taxes? Biden has said that yet again. How are they bringing profit to America if they do not pay taxes? We are not getting taxes from the workers and the money they would spend in the local economy. Seems to me that you are justifying companies like Nike who use offshore manufacturing to spread our wealth, the laws that make it happen and the restrictions that make it profitable to do so.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-27-2021, 11:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Huh, you might want to let the colonized world of the 19th century know. All of the earliest corporations were founded on the exact principle you are citing (exploit poor nations for labor and raw materials). Have you heard of the East India Company by chance? No matter, London resident Marx had.
Yes, I know of the east india trading company. I am sure that people like marx did not get to profit nor did the regular people get to profit from it. Nor did the workers they enslaved to do so. Little bit different than a public traded company where your and all workers 401k retirements are invested now is it.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-27-2021, 11:26 AM Reply   
Quote:

Also, Nike is headquartered in Beaverton, OR and has 46 office locations across 43 countries. Not all profits come to America. Pretty sure they can choose where to shelter their earnings. Thus, Bidens raise in corporate taxes above China's will make for a nice nest egg somewhere else.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-27-2021, 11:28 AM Reply   
Quote:

also the push to remove religion and the nuclear family. Black are now over 70% fatherless rate. Thanks Democrats.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-27-2021, 11:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Can't remove freedom of speech via the constitution, but they sure can use their corporate partners to do so.
Are the Nike police afixing a Nike-branded gag to you?

Quote:
Who says Nike is bringing corporate profits to America. Don't you democrats tell us day in and day out that corporations do not pay taxes? Biden has said that yet again. How are they bringing profit to America if they do not pay taxes? We are not getting taxes from the workers and the money they would spend in the local economy. Seems to me that you are justifying companies like Nike who use offshore manufacturing to spread our wealth, the laws that make it happen and the restrictions that make it profitable to do so.
Delta, if you don't pay taxes, you keep your profits. It's possible to profit and not pay taxes.

If you DO pay taxes, then you keep less of your profits.

I don't pay state income tax in Nevada. That doesn't mean I don't have an income.

Offshore manufacturing maximizes Nike's profits by paying the least expensive workers the least money. That's capitalism. It sounds like you would like the government to intervene in the conduct of capitalism and direct Nike when and where it needs to build its shoes, all to benefit American workers. You and Mr. Marx have more in common than you think.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-27-2021, 11:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yes, I know of the east india trading company. I am sure that people like marx did not get to profit nor did the regular people get to profit from it. Nor did the workers they enslaved to do so. Little bit different than a public traded company where your and all workers 401k retirements are invested now is it.
So the indonesian kids working in the Nike factories for $0.25 an hour are all riding high on 401ks?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-27-2021, 11:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
So the indonesian kids working in the Nike factories for $0.25 an hour are all riding high on 401ks?
Now you are back your games. You know they are not. You are, I am, almost every worker in this country is even if they are in a union. Not exactly the same as East India Trading company. Marx was into public ownership. Might be of a bit of a conundrum it he could have been profiting off of them at the time of his writings.

Nice job of trying to conflate two topics though. that is what you do when you are caught.

You wanted an answer to either tax revenues or funding cuts. A way to generate revenue and also get people off the system is to actually bring Jobs back to America. You tax the workers, they also spend money that gets taxed dozen more times. They also are not being paid by the government for being out of work. Double bonus.

Democrats do not want this because they want open borders and to spread Americas wealth.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-27-2021, 11:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Now you are back your games. You know they are not. You are, I am, almost every worker in this country is even if they are in a union. Not exactly the same as East India Trading company. Marx was into public ownership. Might be of a bit of a conundrum it he could have been profiting off of them at the time of his writings.
So you are saying that Wall Street is actually a Marxist Trojan horse by which the exploited workers are tricking their capitalist masters into selling control of their companies to the proletariat?

Quote:
Nice job of trying to conflate two topics though. that is what you do when you are caught.
Huh.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-27-2021, 11:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Are the Nike police afixing a Nike-branded gag to you?

Delta, if you don't pay taxes, you keep your profits. It's possible to profit and not pay taxes.

If you DO pay taxes, then you keep less of your profits.

I don't pay state income tax in Nevada. That doesn't mean I don't have an income.

Offshore manufacturing maximizes Nike's profits by paying the least expensive workers the least money. That's capitalism. It sounds like you would like the government to intervene in the conduct of capitalism and direct Nike when and where it needs to build its shoes, all to benefit American workers. You and Mr. Marx have more in common than you think.
Twitter and facebook sure do now don't they. You are caught again, so you do to your absolutist discussion points. You know nike is not shutting down free speech. Actually they are. Their chinese masters sure did a job on the NBA now didn't they. When the GM for the Rockets said something against them, China put the smack down on the NBA. Have not heard a word since. Nike went right along with it.

What I would like, is our government to quit forcing crony capitalism by making laws that force companies to move manufacturing out the US (purposefully). This is where you and I differ. I care about America first. Don't care about those other countries that murder their people and only got off of kings and queens in our grandparents lifetimes (hundred plus years after we figured it out).
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-27-2021, 11:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
So you are saying that Wall Street is actually a Marxist Trojan horse by which the exploited workers are tricking their capitalist masters into selling control of their companies to the proletariat?

Huh.
Lots of words there. No. I am saying if marx was able to profit off of the east india company, he may have spoke a different tune. He may also would have not wanted the workers to be exploited of other countries if his country had the safeguards America has. He more than likely would not have even been compelled to write his tripe.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-27-2021, 11:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Twitter and facebook sure do now don't they. You are caught again, so you do to your absolutist discussion points. You know nike is not shutting down free speech. Actually they are. Their chinese masters sure did a job on the NBA now didn't they. When the GM for the Rockets said something against them, China put the smack down on the NBA. Have not heard a word since. Nike went right along with it.
So Citizens United is all good if it means Koch Bros funded superpacs, but not if publicly held (Marxist!) corporations use their influence?

Quote:
What I would like, is our government to quit forcing crony capitalism by making laws that force companies to move manufacturing out the US (purposefully). This is where you and I differ. I care about America first. Don't care about those other countries that murder their people and only got off of kings and queens in our grandparents lifetimes (hundred plus years after we figured it out).
Even if it means that you pay more for your Nikes, right? Admittedly other modern conveniences would likely cost more too, right? Phones, computers, video games, cars, TVs, etc? And you'd be OK with those things costing more if it meant that your fellow countrymen could earn a living wage.

But weren't you the one complaining a few weeks back when the global price of oil rose from too-cheap-to-profitably-produce-domestically to a price at which domestic production is sustainable?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-27-2021, 12:00 PM Reply   
Quote:

Huh.
You do realize Marx was born less than 50 years after America stuck our middle finger up to England right? You think England suddenly said at that point, that they see the error in their ways? No, they simply chalked up their loss and lived with us but it did not change how they functioned as a country for some time. Europe was a monarchy ruled society at the time where "the people" had no say and were pawns of the ruling class. They did not get to enjoy any of the spoils of the labor.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-27-2021, 12:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Lots of words there. No. I am saying if marx was able to profit off of the east india company, he may have spoke a different tune. He may also would have not wanted the workers to be exploited of other countries if his country had the safeguards America has. He more than likely would not have even been compelled to write his tripe.
But wasn't his thesis that some nations exploit others and thus that's the basis for removal of artificial borders? Methinks you need to sit down and read the cliff notes or something Delta. Marx says that communism is independent of borders and that the power differentials between peoples of different arbitrary nations are unjust to workers. Then you cite Nike's capitalist exploitation of workers in a poor country as evidence of Marxist policy when it's the exact opposite.

I know you are a fan of Animal Farm, but your fluency in doublespeak is quite remarkable.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-27-2021, 12:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
So Citizens United is all good if it means Koch Bros funded superpacs, but not if publicly held (Marxist!) corporations use their influence?

Even if it means that you pay more for your Nikes, right? Admittedly other modern conveniences would likely cost more too, right? Phones, computers, video games, cars, TVs, etc? And you'd be OK with those things costing more if it meant that your fellow countrymen could earn a living wage.

But weren't you the one complaining a few weeks back when the global price of oil rose from too-cheap-to-profitably-produce-domestically to a price at which domestic production is sustainable?
Only the Koch Bros fund superpacks? Like Twitter, Facebook, Hollywood movie studios, soros, the Unions. I would be fine if none of them had a say, but your "Koch Bros" democrat screed is again you democrats trying to cook the books. You want to allow all these others to do it, but don't want anyone to have a counter to it.

Yes, I would if the playing field was even. You ever look into the closet of those around you? Tell me how many pairs of shoes you, your wife and kids have? I bet the average American has 30 pairs of shoes in their house. Most of these things would not cost more, it would mean that peoples 401k's would hurt and come back to modest gains. The market is going to determine the market. There is only so much money to capture, so maybe teens don't need an iphone. Maybe you don't have 30 pairs of shoes in your house. Maybe if there is manufacturing, the midwest and places in between are more attractive and you don't have people flocking to the cities for jobs.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-27-2021, 12:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
But wasn't his thesis that some nations exploit others and thus that's the basis for removal of artificial borders? Methinks you need to sit down and read the cliff notes or something Delta. Marx says that communism is independent of borders and that the power differentials between peoples of different arbitrary nations are unjust to workers. Then you cite Nike's capitalist exploitation of workers in a poor country as evidence of Marxist policy when it's the exact opposite.

I know you are a fan of Animal Farm, but your fluency in doublespeak is quite remarkable.
I did not once say Nike is capitalist exploitation of workers as evidence of Marxist policy. I said they are using the democrats push to marxist policy to their advantage. The democrats want to break our border, spread our wealth, destroy the family, and centralize power among the ruling class (which always happens during marxist takeovers).

Nike are simple money grubbers. Pure capitalists. It does not matter to them who is making the shoes as long as they can continue to pay the least and charge the most. They will support who ever is putting forth the policies that make them the most money. It used to be republicans, now it is the democrats.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-27-2021, 12:16 PM Reply   
Quote:

Also, cars already cost more due to mandates for technology on them. Government driven costs.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-27-2021, 12:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Maybe if there is manufacturing, the midwest and places in between are more attractive and you don't have people flocking to the cities for jobs.
Huh. You know who else wanted to reduce materialism and send folks out in the country for jobs?

Delta, this feels like the Chapelle black-white-supremist episode. I think you might be a Marxist without knowing it.

1. Not a fan of global free trade
2. Not a fan of free settlement of peoples (even within a defined national border); prefers people to move to the country from the cities
3. Wants workers to earn living wage
4. Believes corporations exploit international tax arbitrage to detriment of workers
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-27-2021, 1:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Huh. You know who else wanted to reduce materialism and send folks out in the country for jobs?

Delta, this feels like the Chapelle black-white-supremist episode. I think you might be a Marxist without knowing it.

1. Not a fan of global free trade
2. Not a fan of free settlement of peoples (even within a defined national border); prefers people to move to the country from the cities
3. Wants workers to earn living wage
4. Believes corporations exploit international tax arbitrage to detriment of workers
All words that were not spoken or typed by me. Nice try. You are caught. Just admit it and we will ( I would say move on, but I intend to pound you with it).

1) It is quite clear you democrats are for pushing jobs out of the country. You are defending it hand over foot. I am against the American government (democrats specifically), from creating policies that force American companies to move American jobs out of America. Not once did I say I was against companies ability to compete and do what they have to do. We all know you democrats are on your white man bad knuckle dragging kick and don't have enough brain power left for nuance.

2) I am absolutely against the free settlement of people from Mexico, China or any other country into the US. We demand the right to keep our culture and our constitution. You again defend the democrats push to destroy our border. I would love to hear you defend kalifnoria's sanctuary policies. I, not once, said I was against people moving from country to city. I just know how you city lovers had people moving in, so a simple policy of ohhhhh..... I don't know...... Maybe not pushing laws that force businesses to use their freedom to move their businesses out of the country could fix two things at once.

3) I want workers to be able to work in America with American created jobs by Americans. If the market dictates high wages, then the market will settle where it does. Why is it you democrats are trying to destroy American workers by exporting their jobs through legislation and then importing millions of 3rd grade educated illegals? Trying to figure out how the unions are buying off on that.

4) I believe corporations are going to move like flowing water down the path of least resistance. They are going to make as much money as they can and support any policy that makes it happen. Exploitation of workers is your term. Maybe the workers in china are happy? However they are happy at the expense of our workers.

Pretty sure my ideas are not well aligned with marx.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-27-2021, 1:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
All words that were not spoken or typed by me. Nice try. You are caught. Just admit it and we will ( I would say move on, but I intend to pound you with it).

1) It is quite clear you democrats are for pushing jobs out of the country. You are defending it hand over foot. I am against the American government (democrats specifically), from creating policies that force American companies to move American jobs out of America.
OK, I'll bite -- which policies force American companies to move American jobs out of America (other than the basic principles of capitalism)?

Quote:
2) I am absolutely against the free settlement of people from Mexico, China or any other country into the US. We demand the right to keep our culture and our constitution.
I agree that your conservative overlords have manipulated your xenophobia to their advantage. Americans are from everywhere else, but love hating on the last peeps off the boat.

Quote:
3) I want workers to be able to work in America with American created jobs by Americans. If the market dictates high wages, then the market will settle where it does.
I'd appreciate that argument if just a few weeks ago you hadn't decried a tiny fluctuation in energy prices as super disruptive to the economy (and working stiffs in particular), even though the increase supports energy production at home. And a few weeks before that it was crocodile tears because we weren't building a pipeline to import Canadian crude. When all your other chit costs 100% more, how come that won't put people out of work too?

Quote:
4) I believe corporations are going to move like flowing water down the path of least resistance. They are going to make as much money as they can and support any policy that makes it happen. Exploitation of workers is your term. Maybe the workers in china are happy? However they are happy at the expense of our workers.

Pretty sure my ideas are not well aligned with marx.
You might be right. Sounds like fascism could be more your bag.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-27-2021, 1:42 PM Reply   
Delta, Have you seen the American Jobs Plan from Biden?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...can-jobs-plan/
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-27-2021, 2:53 PM Reply   
[QUOTE]
Quote:
OK, I'll bite -- which policies force American companies to move American jobs out of America (other than the basic principles of capitalism)?
Regulation is the biggest driver. Trade agreements like the Pan Pacific Trade Agreement. Paris Climate Accord. Giving China most favored trade status.

Future things: Pushing corporate tax to 28%. pushing for manditory $15 an hour.

Clinton during his term pushed the idea that America was to target high tech and service and leave manufacturing to Mexico and China.

Quote:
I agree that your conservative overlords have manipulated your xenophobia to their advantage. Americans are from everywhere else, but love hating on the last peeps off the boat.
I have talked about this for over 20 years. I can see demographics and law changes in kalifornia that tracked it. No other country would ever allow the population to become 25% non citizen. No other time in history has this type of change happen outside of mass invasion from war. History, not xenophobia, is the driver. We, as a culture, have built up norms of what an American is. For instance we are not into warlords or sewing our daughters vaginas shut for instance. We as a country historically would limit immigration until the immigrants fully assimilated to American culture and language. IF they did not, then they would stop immigration.

Quote:
I'd appreciate that argument if just a few weeks ago you hadn't decried a tiny fluctuation in energy prices as super disruptive to the economy (and working stiffs in particular), even though the increase supports energy production at home. And a few weeks before that it was crocodile tears because we weren't building a pipeline to import Canadian crude. When all your other chit costs 100% more, how come that won't put people out of work too?
Because people will be at work at the jobs we have at home. There is a difference in energy prices which commuters and transportation drivers can not escape, vs paying more for other Americans to be at work. It is not a all or nothing game. Energy is pretty much. It is not a pick and choose, it is a must.

Quote:
You might be right. Sounds like fascism could be more your bag.
Pretty sure you brown shirts out burning down cities and beating up conservatives have that ground covered.

You were the one that wanted a solution to cut the budget gap. I offered one and in typical democrat fashion, you have to through every barrel at it. The reason is I proposed American first ideas which we all know that the American Last mindset has even crept into the bowels of Nevada.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-27-2021, 3:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Delta, Have you seen the American Jobs Plan from Biden?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...can-jobs-plan/
sounds expensive. Need to come up with a tax base before putting people out of business.

I reject the 13th in infrastructure. The US has so much diversity in landscape and weather that you can not quantify that.

I reject the public transit need. People do not want to be with the people especially when a particular party is pushing a particular people to be violent to other races. No one wants to ride a bus with the people and most people in the big cities take hours to get to work anyway never mind waiting for bus and then having to walk another so many miles to work.

it all sounds good and will happen for the most part if government gets out of the way. electric grid would be easier to deal with if you did not pull off 10 billion dollars a year to give to you environazi wealthy land owner pals to not develop land they already can not develop.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-27-2021, 3:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
sounds expensive. Need to come up with a tax base before putting people out of business.

I reject the 13th in infrastructure. The US has so much diversity in landscape and weather that you can not quantify that.

I reject the public transit need. People do not want to be with the people especially when a particular party is pushing a particular people to be violent to other races. No one wants to ride a bus with the people and most people in the big cities take hours to get to work anyway never mind waiting for bus and then having to walk another so many miles to work.

it all sounds good and will happen for the most part if government gets out of the way. electric grid would be easier to deal with if you did not pull off 10 billion dollars a year to give to you environazi wealthy land owner pals to not develop land they already can not develop.
Alongside his American Jobs Plan, President Biden is releasing a Made in America Tax Plan to make sure corporations pay their fair share in taxes and encourage job creation at home. A recent study found that 91 Fortune 500 companies paid $0 in federal taxes on U.S. income in 2018. Another study found that the average corporation paid just 8 percent in taxes. President Biden believes that profitable corporations should not be able to get away with paying little or no tax by shifting jobs and profits overseas. President Biden’s plan will reward investment at home, stop profit shifting, and ensure other nations won’t gain a competitive edge by becoming tax havens.

The President’s American Jobs Plan is a historic public investment – consisting principally of one-time capital investments in our nation’s productivity and long-term growth. It will invest about 1 percent of GDP per year over eight years to upgrade our nation’s infrastructure, revitalize manufacturing, invest in basic research and science, shore up supply chains, and solidify our care infrastructure. These are investments that leading economists agree will give Americans good jobs now and will pay off for future generations by leaving the country more competitive and our communities stronger. In total, the plan will invest about $2 trillion this decade. If passed alongside President Biden’s Made in America corporate tax plan, it will be fully paid for within the next 15 years and reduce deficits in the years after.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-27-2021, 4:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Alongside his American Jobs Plan, President Biden is releasing a Made in America Tax Plan to make sure corporations pay their fair share in taxes and encourage job creation at home. A recent study found that 91 Fortune 500 companies paid $0 in federal taxes on U.S. income in 2018. Another study found that the average corporation paid just 8 percent in taxes. President Biden believes that profitable corporations should not be able to get away with paying little or no tax by shifting jobs and profits overseas. President Biden’s plan will reward investment at home, stop profit shifting, and ensure other nations won’t gain a competitive edge by becoming tax havens.

The President’s American Jobs Plan is a historic public investment – consisting principally of one-time capital investments in our nation’s productivity and long-term growth. It will invest about 1 percent of GDP per year over eight years to upgrade our nation’s infrastructure, revitalize manufacturing, invest in basic research and science, shore up supply chains, and solidify our care infrastructure. These are investments that leading economists agree will give Americans good jobs now and will pay off for future generations by leaving the country more competitive and our communities stronger. In total, the plan will invest about $2 trillion this decade. If passed alongside President Biden’s Made in America corporate tax plan, it will be fully paid for within the next 15 years and reduce deficits in the years after.
You are not going to get corporations to move to the US if you raise their tax rate to that higher than China. He can not make any nation standardize their tax structure to the US.

As far as paying no tax, the tax revenue since the 1950's (when they switch from income to payroll tax) has been steady. The ability to write off additional taxes was put in, I believe, to for companies to invest earnings into equipment. That investment allows them to get a write off. They system sounds like it is working as far as I can tell. Well, except the part where one party misrepresents this for the masses to gain power.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-27-2021, 7:36 PM Reply   
Rather than just talking about it Biden actually changes policy to enforce federal agencies to buy USA made products:
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...nforcer-484802
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-28-2021, 4:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
You are not going to get corporations to move to the US if you raise their tax rate to that higher than China. He can not make any nation standardize their tax structure to the US.
But we become very attractive when we tell the corps that they have to build their previously globally sourced products with US only components in the US?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-28-2021, 4:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
You realize that big dense cities can only exist with public transportation, right? 4.3M people a day take the subway in NYC (pre-covid). Or do you expect the janitors and maids and restaurant workers and garbage folks and all the other millions of "regular people" who work in big cities to just take an uber? The city can't exist without the ability to move vast numbers of people quickly and inexpensively.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-28-2021, 4:28 AM Reply   
Quote:

You were the one that wanted a solution to cut the budget gap. I offered one and in typical democrat fashion, you have to through every barrel at it.
Throwing barrels like Donkey Kong? What was your solution? I don't think calling everything you don't like Marxism and then complaining about capitalism actually balances the budget. America First ideas are all fine and good but how to they result in only spending what we take in in taxes? Give us some numbers.

Quote:
the American Last mindset has even crept into the bowels of Nevada.
Nah, those tattered trump 2020 flags are still flying high out in the hinterlands Delta.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-28-2021, 4:44 AM Reply   
Speaking of throwing barrels, here, we have more democrat on democrat violence. Dems have lowered the bar so far down, any behavior is seen as normal now.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/mississip...ia-video-shows
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-28-2021, 4:55 AM Reply   
So, after spewing hate towards the police on her podcast, this democrat went out and killed a NYPD officer. When will you democrats stop rotting our culture and spreading such ignorant hate?
https://www.foxnews.com/us/drunken-driver-nypd-im-sorry
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-28-2021, 9:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Rather than just talking about it Biden actually changes policy to enforce federal agencies to buy USA made products:
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...nforcer-484802
What...An article that actually backhanded gives Trump credit for creating the policy? Problem is, many things are not made in America right now. We can not even build truck right now due to chip shortages for instance.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-28-2021, 9:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Throwing barrels like Donkey Kong? What was your solution? I don't think calling everything you don't like Marxism and then complaining about capitalism actually balances the budget. America First ideas are all fine and good but how to they result in only spending what we take in in taxes? Give us some numbers.

Nah, those tattered trump 2020 flags are still flying high out in the hinterlands Delta.
I gave you a solution. Like you said, there is not one item that gets you there absolute, however you have to do policies that trend. You will not get a absolute number, however we know that democrats are not really interested in moving America forward. Maybe a few of you do, the half that are leftists do not and they are the ones who are in charge. You can clearly see the anti-American policies put forth in kalifornia where their policies have push actual Americans to leave the state and replace them with so far 25% foreign born in just a generation. This plan was talked about out loud in a speech that then governor Gray Davis made in Mexico where he said he could not wait for Mexico and kalifornia to be one great region again. It is in the plans and now those people are in charge in the highest offices in Washington.

And yes, thankfully there are Trump flags waving in the hinterlands. Someone has to try and oppose your tyranny.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-28-2021, 9:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
So, after spewing hate towards the police on her podcast, this democrat went out and killed a NYPD officer. When will you democrats stop rotting our culture and spreading such ignorant hate?
https://www.foxnews.com/us/drunken-driver-nypd-im-sorry
Looks to me like they are going to get her for premeditated murder. Ah, who am I kidding, she is in New York. She will be out on a no bail
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-28-2021, 9:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
I gave you a solution. Like you said, there is not one item that gets you there absolute, however you have to do policies that trend. You will not get a absolute number, however we know that democrats are not really interested in moving America forward.
So no real plan or solution then? Is there a think tank analysis or something out there that shows how your dots connect?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-28-2021, 9:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
So no real plan or solution then? Is there a think tank analysis or something out there that shows how your dots connect?
Really. Now you are just being plain stupid. You trying to tell me that repatriating jobs back to America will not increase local tax revenues? You try and argue this while all the time telling us that corporations do not pay taxes in America? you democrats just love pissing on people and telling them it is raining. No. I am not an economist and neither are you, however money being paid to American workers in America that is being taxed as income and then also spent in local economies will increase tax revenues and also limit outgoing social benefits to the same people. It is economy 101. If this is not the case, then why does the government tax the workers?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-28-2021, 10:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Really. Now you are just being plain stupid. You trying to tell me that repatriating jobs back to America will not increase local tax revenues? You try and argue this while all the time telling us that corporations do not pay taxes in America? you democrats just love pissing on people and telling them it is raining. No. I am not an economist and neither are you, however money being paid to American workers in America that is being taxed as income and then also spent in local economies will increase tax revenues and also limit outgoing social benefits to the same people. It is economy 101. If this is not the case, then why does the government tax the workers?
Delta that's not my analysis to make, I was hoping you could. I could imagine, for instance, that port cities like Savannah, Houston, New York, Oakland and LA would suffer with no cargo to unload. I could imagine that other folks would have less discretionary income to spend at restaurants and theaters when the prices of their cars and clothing and shoes and TVs and phones doubles. Do grocery stores do as much business in the winter with no produce to sell? I could imagine that those folks who are out of work would put some drag on the economy through unemployment and other social safety net benefits. How does your plan address those displaced workers? Do we need to keep the farm industry on welfare indefinitely because they will no longer have export buyers for their goods?

I guess I'm assuming that your idea comes from somewhere and those issues might have been thought through.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-28-2021, 10:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
We lose over 50 billion a year to Mexico alone from money that directly leaves our economies due to their citizens sending money home. We have a million Chinese. Almost a million from the Philippians. Millions of others sending money out to the country. Probably 100 billion leaving the country without addition taxation.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-28-2021, 10:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
We lose over 50 billion a year to Mexico alone from money that directly leaves our economies due to their citizens sending money home. We have a million Chinese. Almost a million from the Philippians. Millions of others sending money out to the country. Probably 100 billion leaving the country without addition taxation.
It's weird how that money sent home to mexico never gets used to buy any of the $300B worth of goods that we export to MX every year.

But what does that have to do with the displaced American workers under your plan. What do you do for them? I'm remembering how butthurt you were about the 11K Keystone XL workers, but you seem kinda blase about millions of workers?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-28-2021, 11:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Delta that's not my analysis to make, I was hoping you could. I could imagine, for instance, that port cities like Savannah, Houston, New York, Oakland and LA would suffer with no cargo to unload. I could imagine that other folks would have less discretionary income to spend at restaurants and theaters when the prices of their cars and clothing and shoes and TVs and phones doubles. Do grocery stores do as much business in the winter with no produce to sell? I could imagine that those folks who are out of work would put some drag on the economy through unemployment and other social safety net benefits. How does your plan address those displaced workers? Do we need to keep the farm industry on welfare indefinitely because they will no longer have export buyers for their goods?

I guess I'm assuming that your idea comes from somewhere and those issues might have been thought through.
There you are being absolutest again. There would be no conceivable way that there would be no cargo to unload.

As far as movies, eating out and so on. Yeah. So. Eating out was a luxury for most people growing up. you just did not spend on that. Then maybe we do not need to import millions of 3rd grade educated people to work the fast food counters demanding to be paid like a union pipe fitter. Those workers have to be subsidized by the state.

Regardless, you will never get the tax base of importing goods vs making your own with hire wages and taxing that money in the economy over and over. To the people who are spending, the money goes into our economy just the same if not more. eating out and movies (who cares really, they are just weapons of you commies). They would have access to more people making more money. How do they get less business. It is not mcdonalds workers who are out buy all the shoes, eating out and buy big ticket items. It is middle class workers. More of them, the more money that can be spent in these sectors to be taxed again and again.

Are we exporting to Mexico, China and other parts in between. Are we exporting because they need food or because they want food? Maybe our farmers can then grow crops that Americans with middle class jobs can spend on. Are you saying we simply have too much food? So, that evil capitalism is not the cause of people to go hungry?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-28-2021, 11:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
It's weird how that money sent home to mexico never gets used to buy any of the $300B worth of goods that we export to MX every year.

But what does that have to do with the displaced American workers under your plan. What do you do for them? I'm remembering how butthurt you were about the 11K Keystone XL workers, but you seem kinda blase about millions of workers?
More money in American manufacturing does not displace American workers. It allows them to buy more products foreign and domestic. You act like wanting to make America more competitive for Americans to work American jobs is going to kill our economy. That is the most obsurd thing I ever heard. Isn't your party the ones complaining about there is just the rich and the poor and no middle class? You party sponsored that. On top of that we can not even make the critical parts needed for the basics of our infrastructure right now. Hell, we could not even get toilet paper never mind IC chips to make everything we use. Go and try and by a Truck right now and see how that stock is going and what is causing the issue?

There used to be a time when a democrat would be against the president using his powers to shut down a private companies operations with the stroke of a pen and killing union jobs. I see that the democrats have turned on the unions too. Wonder who they are turning too?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-28-2021, 11:07 AM Reply   
Quote:

Also, that money spent in mexico in their country does not get taxed the dozen more times than it gets taxed in ours.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-28-2021, 11:13 AM Reply   
Sounds to me that you, like your democrat leaders, have it in your head that we are better off if we pass policies that make it more expensive to manufacture here. Not only do you have yourselves convinced, you double down and tell us that because we pollute, we are making these policies thus we need to make it more friendly to move the jobs to other countries that have zero environmental regulations to make the same products to save us from our pollution.

Eventually the light will turn on but I doubt it. Democrats are perfectly happy with these bullchit explanations when not a single one of them make sense. Same group of people who licked up pelosi telling us we have to pass the bill to see what is in the bill.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-28-2021, 11:14 AM Reply   
Quote:

How many shoes are in your closets?

Defend kalifornias sanctuary policy.

You know the eventual goal for you democrats is to make the world a place where it does not matter where you work, that the cost will all be the same. Inorder to do that, they know they must sacrifice America to do so. They do it to Americans already. Asians have to have high test scores than whites to get into school. whites more than blacks. You really don't believe they are doing these things to America in a world view? You are a dope.

Last edited by DeltaHoosier; 04-28-2021 at 11:17 AM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-28-2021, 11:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
There you are being absolutest again. There would be no conceivable way that there would be no cargo to unload.
I thought we wouldn't buy goods from overseas anymore and would require them to be made here? Maybe I misunderstand your proposal. We know that there won't be containers full of Nikes, but apparently we will be importing some stuff. What stuff?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-28-2021, 11:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
What...An article that actually backhanded gives Trump credit for creating the policy? Problem is, many things are not made in America right now. We can not even build truck right now due to chip shortages for instance.
The difference is Biden actually did it, Trump just paid it lip service. If the government creates the demand the market will provide it.

Also saw that Biden signed executive order to raise minimum wage for federal contracts up to $15. For a half dead bewildered fossil he seems to be implementing a lot of his election promises.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-28-2021, 12:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
I thought we wouldn't buy goods from overseas anymore and would require them to be made here? Maybe I misunderstand your proposal. We know that there won't be containers full of Nikes, but apparently we will be importing some stuff. What stuff?
What ever makes sense. You can not keep companies from moving to where it is cheaper. You know this. The best you can do is create policy to make it more attractive. The democrats create policy to not make it attractive and it is done so on purpose. Just like you democrats say. You are children of the world and we are going to spread your wealth. All policies that follow are to that goal.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-28-2021, 12:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
The difference is Biden actually did it, Trump just paid it lip service. If the government creates the demand the market will provide it.

Also saw that Biden signed executive order to raise minimum wage for federal contracts up to $15. For a half dead bewildered fossil he seems to be implementing a lot of his election promises.
Do you know this? Are you in the purchasing departments for any US government agencies?

Still does not matter if the product is not made in the US. At the end of the day, it creates havoc for purchasing departments. They have to hire more and more people to keep track of the nuance.

Big deal. Federal contracts. That is easy. They bidders just raise the cost of the contract to cover it. You can not do that in private business when the union guy is making the same as a teen age burger flipper. The federal contracts also say that Indian people get first dibs on the contract if they are low bid within 15%.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-28-2021, 1:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
What ever makes sense. You can not keep companies from moving to where it is cheaper. You know this. The best you can do is create policy to make it more attractive. The democrats create policy to not make it attractive and it is done so on purpose. Just like you democrats say. You are children of the world and we are going to spread your wealth. All policies that follow are to that goal.
So you will just have an "I know it when I see it" policy and that will balance the budget? That's a hard plan to get behind because if we're just relying on "what makes sense," then the whole policy changes every time the decision maker changes.

Rules work a lot better IMHO, which is why I'm axing you to describe the actual rules.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-28-2021, 4:05 PM Reply   
Quote:

As far as paying no tax, the tax revenue since the 1950's (when they switch from income to payroll tax) has been steady. The ability to write off additional taxes was put in, I believe, to for companies to invest earnings into equipment. That investment allows them to get a write off. They system sounds like it is working as far as I can tell. Well, except the part where one party misrepresents this for the masses to gain power.
In the 1950's, the effective corporate tax rate was over 35%. The 50's, isnt that when America was Great?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-28-2021, 4:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
In the 1950's, the effective corporate tax rate was over 35%. The 50's, isnt that when America was Great?
Yes, but in Delta's defense, that's also when American manufacturers could just pump smoke in the air, and pour industrial waste into the river (or dump it in the ocean) and they weren't burdened with the "hidden tax" of being stewards of the environment.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-28-2021, 7:48 PM Reply   
I'm sure you democrats are proud one of yours killed another cop who was trying to help you after you called for help-despite your many defund efforts. F you people for rotting our culture and spreading your constant lies about racism. https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...eported-fight/
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-29-2021, 9:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
So you will just have an "I know it when I see it" policy and that will balance the budget? That's a hard plan to get behind because if we're just relying on "what makes sense," then the whole policy changes every time the decision maker changes.

Rules work a lot better IMHO, which is why I'm axing you to describe the actual rules.
You are the ruling party. You make the rules.

There is no magic rule. The rule is, we don't trade with nations that do not have a environmental policy like ours. We don't trade with nations that don't have a set minimum wage. That is what your party wants from the US business sector. They should apply it to the rest of the world. Point is. You don't and it is on purpose.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-29-2021, 9:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
We also did not trade with China.. That did not happen until Clinton gave them most favored trade status and sold them our rocket technology against the vote of congress.

We also did not have these trade agreements that allowed our corporations to move to 3rd world nations while we turn around and allow them to sell back to us.

In the 1950's we also were pretty much the only manufacturing base left on the planet after a devastating previous decade of world war. It is easy to do that to your corporations when you are the only game in town. regardless, in said 1950's congress changed the rules for corporations on their tax bases and the the receipts from the corporations have been steadily consistent since then.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-29-2021, 9:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
You are the ruling party. You make the rules.

There is no magic rule. The rule is, we don't trade with nations that do not have a environmental policy like ours. We don't trade with nations that don't have a set minimum wage. That is what your party wants from the US business sector. They should apply it to the rest of the world. Point is. You don't and it is on purpose.

Delta I’m giving you the gift of imagining someone threw you the keys to the government. You set the budget and you get a Congress that will approve whatever you do. How do you balance the budget?
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-29-2021, 9:40 AM Reply   
Tim Scott just might get my vote, if he runs