Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-16-2021, 7:06 AM Reply   
I have lost ALL faith in the US postal service.
Over the last several months, I have had several checks lost in the mail.
I called the Post Master and has told that many of the blue boxes around the metroplex are being broken in to.

If they know that's a problem, they should address it and correct it...

just another reason why we need a smaller federal government and not a larger one
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-16-2021, 7:20 AM Reply   
*was told....
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-16-2021, 7:48 AM Reply   
That sucks.

These are checks sent by you to pay bills, or checks payable to you? My household has gone almost exclusively to paying bills electronically. Only a very very few payments warrant a check these days. Of course that doesn't help if the checks are payable to you and aren't arriving in your mailbox.

Why do you think a large federal government is causing the boxes to be broken into?
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-16-2021, 8:05 AM Reply   
mostly business checks to pay bills.
I am slowly switching to online for the businesses.

I just wonder if a privatized system would provide a more motivated oversight.

If a private company had the same slow pace and lost item rate, it would lose revenue

big government doesn't care
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-16-2021, 10:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
mostly business checks to pay bills.
I am slowly switching to online for the businesses.

I just wonder if a privatized system would provide a more motivated oversight.

If a private company had the same slow pace and lost item rate, it would lose revenue

big government doesn't care
I agree mail theft sucks, its a real problem. Thieves steal fedex and UPS packages right off the front porch (porch pirates), those are private companies. If crime pays, we have a problem.
I mail packages all over the USA and the world on the regular. USPS is by far the least expensive way for me to get a package anywhere on earth. As much as they frustrate they are the least expensive and often fastest shipping option. I hope they get their act together.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-16-2021, 5:13 PM Reply   
I hear ya 95. Oddly, I have never had an issue with a parcel mailed with USPS. Lately, it's regular mail
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-16-2021, 7:20 PM Reply   
Mail theft is huge in rural areas that are still accessible to democrats. You have options. A PO Box or a Fort Knox mail box. Or both. You can get big Knox boxes that are big enough to accept packages too. We have a PO Box and don’t worry about when the mail comes. After getting ripped off a couple times, you don’t mind making the trip to the PO Box. You get used to it and make it part of your routine. Kind of like how you gotta deal with a democrat in office.

https://www.fortknoxmailbox.com/
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-16-2021, 7:51 PM Reply   
markj......this site needs a like button
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-16-2021, 8:37 PM Reply   
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-19-2021, 1:39 PM Reply   
Well. I just shipped set of golf clubs from Chicago to Nashville. 3 day travel estimate. 10 days later they arrived. The tracking process was a joke. All it kept saying was will arrive late . Really 10 days for a 3 day delivery.

Third package/parcel in a row that didn’t arrive on schedule I shipped through USPS . One was def a storm related weather delay. I’ll give them that

Last edited by xstarrider; 03-19-2021 at 1:42 PM.