Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (JEr)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-27-2014, 12:23 PM Reply   
Has anyone used the CIPA Extreame 20x7 3 panel mirror. I am just wondering what its like if anyone has used it and likes it???

Thanks
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       08-27-2014, 12:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEr View Post
Has anyone used the CIPA Extreame 20x7 3 panel mirror. I am just wondering what its like if anyone has used it and likes it???

Thanks
I bought both the CIPA extreme and the CIPA vision 180 and compared them one right after the other on my boat.

while the extreme was a decent choice, everyone on the boat preferred the Vision 180 over the extreme. the people in the extreme were a bit larger, but not having to adjust and getting a full 180 degree view (looks like of like a gopro view) is outstanding.

I've also been on a boat with the PTM Edge and the edge is certainly nice. it gets that same 180 degree field of view and has less of the gopro look to it. but the PTM edge is WAY more expensive and honestly for the price of the CIPA Vision 180 on Amazon.com you can't go wrong.

Here's a pic I took this weekend in my CIPA Vision 180
Old     (TomH)      Join Date: Jan 2014       08-27-2014, 1:06 PM Reply   
The 3-panel came with my boat. It's a decent mirror, but the two little side panels are worthless and they would have been better off just running the glass the whole width of the mirror. I just move my head to the side a little if someone gets out of frame and want to see them.
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-27-2014, 2:54 PM Reply   
I have one and like it, but am considering Edge or View also.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       08-27-2014, 3:08 PM Reply   
We have the CIPA 180 on our new boat and really like it. Last boat had the extreme and it was nice but I like the 180 better. Samson has some cool tower mounts for them too.
Attached Images

Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       08-27-2014, 11:16 PM Reply   
Gopro shot of the Vision 180

I thought it looked pretty cool.

Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-28-2014, 11:33 AM Reply   
WHOA! Hold on here. I'm getting dizzy. You can't shoot a Cipa 180 with a Gopro. It's like dividing by zero, it is just too fisheyed!

Definitely prefer the 180 over the extreme, a lot easier to see everything, no need to adjust it. It just works and works well.
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       08-28-2014, 5:10 PM Reply   
^^^ haha yeah that is too much wide angle there.

I have the PTM which I love but I have to admit the CIPA is pretty sweet
Old     (mcdye)      Join Date: Apr 2009       08-29-2014, 5:13 AM Reply   
I had the extreme on a previous boat and now a 180. Much better viewing with the 180.
Old     (JEr)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-29-2014, 9:24 AM Reply   
Thanks guys,

I also have a question for anyone who has used the fold down mount by CIPA, My buddy has the PTM mirror mount and its awesome for a window mount that folds down and the thumb wheel on the back to lock it in place is awesome. I noticed CIPA has one that looks a lot like the PTM but cant see how it locks. Anyone have one of these i think the part number is 02310 in black or 02320 in brushed aluminum.
Old     (mcdye)      Join Date: Apr 2009       09-02-2014, 4:33 PM Reply   
it folds the same, but use the lever underneath to release and lower. The pic on the website shows the lever...this is the bottom when mounted on the windshield. http://www.cipausa.com/product/black...-bracket-02310
Old     (bwake)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-03-2014, 11:33 AM Reply   
What tower brackets do you guys suggest?
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-03-2014, 12:44 PM Reply   
I used the monster tower arm bracket works great.
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       11-07-2014, 9:48 AM Reply   
I already have the cipa xtreme with the samson mirror arm. Will the cipa 180 bolt up to the samson or do I need an adaptor?
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       11-07-2014, 3:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeno1 View Post
I already have the cipa xtreme with the samson mirror arm. Will the cipa 180 bolt up to the samson or do I need an adaptor?
The CIPA extreme and the CIPA vision 180 both use the same ballmount adapter. So keep the ballmount adapter that's either part of your arm or that you're using with your arm and you'll bet set.

If it looks like the pic a few posts above, then you won't need anything. Bottom line, the two mirrors attach the same so if you've got one working, the other will swap in just fine.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-08-2014, 5:40 AM Reply   
PTM edge will mount right up to the Samson arm as well. My boat came with the cipa 180 but I changed to the ptm edge because it looks more stream lined and has better clarity
Attached Images

Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       11-08-2014, 10:09 AM Reply   
Thanks man .... That's what it looked like but wanted to be sure before I picked one up.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       11-11-2014, 8:12 PM Reply   
I got the Cipa 180 toward the end of the season. Only used it two or three times but I like it over my older Cipa mirror but so far I really like it. It is huge (bigger than I expected) and people are a little smaller in the mirror but the angle cannot be beat. Literally 180* panoramic view uninterrupted. I disliked my old mirror in that I could not see a rider when cut out far on either side. With the 180 I literally can see 360* around the boat without moving my head.