Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-14-2017, 6:18 PM Reply   
Already did the full wax and polymer sealer on the boat but now I'm looking for a good spray wax to extend the slickness and shine. I did a search but nothing coming up in the last handful of years and I know there's newer products than that. The obvious two are Boat Bling Quickie Sauce and Meguiars Flagship Quick Wax (also a Flagship Ultimate Detailer available). I use Hula Surf Away Detailer as a water spot remover daily (Hula has a dedicated water spot remover but this does fine). Any other suggestions appreciated thank you.

Last edited by you_da_man; 06-14-2017 at 6:20 PM.
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-14-2017, 6:45 PM Reply   
The Boat Bling Hot Sauce is what I use most as it eliminates water spots.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-14-2017, 6:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
The Boat Bling Hot Sauce is what I use most as it eliminates water spots.
Good product but looking for a spray wax
Old     (Bagar55)      Join Date: Aug 2013 Location: Mineral, Va       06-14-2017, 7:10 PM Reply   
I thought the Hula surf away was pretty much a spray wax detailer type product. I wipe down with it after almost every use and it keeps my boat slick and freshly waxed feeling. I love using it. I don't know how any other product could work better for it's intended use. Brings the waxed finish right back out and gets water spots and any road grime/bugs off easy.
Old     (Spotless)      Join Date: May 2016       06-15-2017, 5:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by you_da_man View Post
Already did the full wax and polymer sealer on the boat but now I'm looking for a good spray wax to extend the slickness and shine. I did a search but nothing coming up in the last handful of years and I know there's newer products than that. The obvious two are Boat Bling Quickie Sauce and Meguiars Flagship Quick Wax (also a Flagship Ultimate Detailer available). I use Hula Surf Away Detailer as a water spot remover daily (Hula has a dedicated water spot remover but this does fine). Any other suggestions appreciated thank you.
AJ, this is the exact reason why I formulated Spotless with Carnuba Wax and not silicone. It took me 10 brand new promo wake boats to get Carnuba to mix with the right blend of chelants which not only removes water spots but one actually prevents them. One of the reasons it took me so long was that one my NO Odor test. This product is made for us. I hope you give it a try. We are looking for dealers too. www.spotlessboat.com
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-15-2017, 6:04 AM Reply   
if you want to spray wax while the boat is wet, Turtle Wax Wax-N-Dry is the best bang for your buck. I have been using it for many years and it really keep the shine and extends the life of the wax. Helps with water spots and it easy to put on and remove. It also cost $4.99 at Walmart.

I just recently purchased a few bottles of Boat Bling Quickie Sauce and it a great product. Its a bit of a pain to remove and I find that if you spray it in a mist that it goes everywhere and get into everything. It is truly a spray wax. It does offer great results but I think takes twice as long than turtle wax.

Both great products you cant go wrong with.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-15-2017, 6:29 AM Reply   
+1 for Wax-n-dry. I use it every 3rd or 4th time out. I use half vinegar and half water for daily wipe downs.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-15-2017, 6:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Good product but looking for a spray wax
Boat Bling Quicky Sauce
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       06-15-2017, 7:28 AM Reply   
Are you guys spray and waxing as your main wax job or just after you pull out and do the after lake wipe down ?
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       06-15-2017, 8:03 AM Reply   
we been using 1 part carnuba liquid wax and 3 parts vinegar is does great!!!! use it on the trailer as well. We got told to use Babes at one time, it took the clear coat off. and part of the gel coat. So ya we switched it to this home type remedy.

Ok thanks
Old     (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-15-2017, 9:22 AM Reply   
Spotless, hands down.

www.spotlessboat.com

Best stuff we've ever used on a boat. We put a mist over the whole boat once every 3 or 4 times out while it's wet and it works wonders, gets every water spot off. Spray on, wipe off. Plus it adds a layer of UV protectant wax as well. We go through about a bottle, bottle and a half per year and it's worth every penny. Keeps ours in showroom condition.
Old     (Stokes760)      Join Date: May 2017       06-15-2017, 11:44 AM Reply   
I have a buddy that has a 25 foot elimiator Daytona and he swears by water downed cheep shampoo. says it does not strip wax and does well on water spots and grime. any one try or hurd of this
Old     (cbarguy1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       06-16-2017, 1:10 PM Reply   
Turtle wax is my vote too. Works well and smells amazing. Its a spray on wax so no reason to get to serious about it.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-16-2017, 2:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdsworth View Post
Spotless, hands down.

www.spotlessboat.com

Best stuff we've ever used on a boat. We put a mist over the whole boat once every 3 or 4 times out while it's wet and it works wonders, gets every water spot off. Spray on, wipe off. Plus it adds a layer of UV protectant wax as well. We go through about a bottle, bottle and a half per year and it's worth every penny. Keeps ours in showroom condition.
I bought a bottle of Spotless at the end of last season and results were average at best in my experience. After spraying it on the hull it did not wipe easily, was almost tacky feeling when wiping with a microfiber towel. Took a bit of extra rubbing/whiping to get it completely streak free. I won't be buying again.
Old     (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-16-2017, 5:01 PM Reply   
It does feel a bit tacky with microfiber, I experienced that when getting it ready for this season. We normally wipe it with a standard cotton towel and never have any problem with tackiness or streaking, so I'm a bit surprised that it didn't work well for you. Did you use it with a dry or wet boat?
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-16-2017, 5:39 PM Reply   
We've used Eagle One Wax as you Dry for the last 10 years on our old sea ray and now on our Tigt. Spray it on right off the ramp and wipe her down. Pretty cheap and does an awesome job. We regularly have people with much newer boats asking us how we keep ours shining so well. We go through about a case a year, but use it every time off the water because we're a little anal like that!
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       06-16-2017, 8:24 PM Reply   
"speed wax" from Boat Candy is nice.....Also, to remove water spots, I use Boat Bling Hot Sauce....and its also like a speed wax since it does put a light wax coat over gelcoat existing wax WITHOUT stripping the main wax and really shines up my boat (black and blue, so dark colors which get water spots easy)
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-16-2017, 9:05 PM Reply   
You won't be disappointed with "Boat Armour" from Scooters Products! I'm very anal about keeping my boat clean and love their products.

http://www.scootersproducts.com/Default.asp
Old     (Spotless)      Join Date: May 2016       06-18-2017, 9:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by you_da_man View Post
I bought a bottle of Spotless at the end of last season and results were average at best in my experience. After spraying it on the hull it did not wipe easily, was almost tacky feeling when wiping with a microfiber towel. Took a bit of extra rubbing/whiping to get it completely streak free. I won't be buying again.
AJ Again thank you for trying my product.

AJ brings up a great point specific to this discussion. Carnuba is God's hardest natural wax which is why we us it but It does have a tacky feel on a dry microfiber. With Spotless, It does need a little water with it or towel dampness to get rid of that feel and really cuts down on buffing. In automotive finishes, silicone is added for slicker feel but compromises finish hardness and it fingerprints easier. We need best in hardness compared to automotive. Yes carnuba takes a little more elbow because it is the toughest, but it is worth it in the end.

Specific to using Spotless, most tell us using the damp towels in the boat really cuts down buffing. This is also a great time to point out that eliminating fabric softener during laundry on boat towels will give best result not only to people in boat but boat as well. Silicone is a major ingredient in fabric softener.

Last edited by Spotless; 06-18-2017 at 9:49 AM. Reason: spelling
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-18-2017, 8:18 PM Reply   
Boat Armour from Scooters Products also uses Carnuba, and I agree with Chris that it does have a tacky feel on dry microfiber. But using a damp one helps a lot in the buffing process.
Old     (Chugh2surf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       06-18-2017, 8:54 PM Reply   
X2 for hula boat care spray detailer. I works great an d keeps my boat looking great in between wax jobs.