Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       03-10-2016, 1:03 PM Reply   
Hello all,

As the snow melts out here I'm starting to get an itch to get on the water. Last season I picked up a 2010 V210 for a song and now looking to this season looking to improve my expreience on the water (last season was awesome). Few things I've been debating:

1. Selling the Sanger and trying to get into a 08-10 X2
2. Biting the bullet and getting a gosurf assist set up
3. buying/fabricating a Ronix Wave Maker setup

Anyone with V210's care to chime in? I dig this boat though few up here know what it is and it does do many things well. Freeboard hasn't been an issue yet though a deeper boat might be nice. If I can get what I want for my boat, and can find a boat that fits my budget that is ostensibly an upgrade I'll do it, but I wont mortgage a toy.

Thanks for reading and responding. Looking forward to hearing opinions on the Ronix like set up and the go surf assist as well.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-11-2016, 9:19 PM Reply   
1. The 08-10 X2 can't compete on wake performance to the V210. The size to wake width is no bueno imo. Not sure on its wake surf performance.
2. Don't know about this system
3. Or this one.

There are better boats around at similar price points for surfing than the V210 but not for wakeboarding imo. It is the mac daddy bang of buck wake machine, both in terms of capital and running costs. Putting an adjustable tab on the back is a great upgrade in my experience. I have an auto launch system on mine and it reduced the running costs by close to 30%. It was already one of the cheapest to run boats around, now it is crazy good.

Wake surfing is pretty good on the v210 but it is a bit sketch to drive and you need a lot of fixed weight to make it practical to set up.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       03-13-2016, 7:51 AM Reply   
30% art? Being that I'm riding 4-5 x a week that would be huge savings,even though I'm running zero weight. Are they hard to install and you think even with no ballast I'd save that much? Oh and too the op once you get that surf dialed in you'll quickly get bored just go tube.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-13-2016, 10:45 AM Reply   
For #3, on themalibucrew someone DYI'd a Ronix wedge thing with two skateboard ramps from amazon. Seems like a really cheap way to give it a try.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/133288...7658268298606/

Later someone posted about using two of them (back to back) so it was a steeper angle.

Thread is here:
http://www.themalibucrew.com/index.p...ge-yes-please/
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-13-2016, 11:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
30% art? Being that I'm riding 4-5 x a week that would be huge savings,even though I'm running zero weight. Are they hard to install and you think even with no ballast I'd save that much? Oh and too the op once you get that surf dialed in you'll quickly get bored just go tube.
No i don't think so, it is really only an advantage when loaded, it lifts the stern out of the water on start up. We can run 2200 pounds and 4 peeps and still start up on 3/4 throttle.

Also means zero bow rise, and you can dial out any porpoise when ripping across the lake. It's a great upgrade
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-13-2016, 12:06 PM Reply   
Darren's comment on the adjustable tab is spot on. Most V210's have a fixed plate off the transom. Adding the Bennett tab is a great benefit. You can get it through a Sanger dealer. It is not the easiest installation but it's not that tough either.
For surfing your V210 has a fairly deep V and so responds well to listing to create a clean wake. I'm not familiar with the add on wedges on your hull, but they require a more even weight instead of listing the hull.
You've got a boat with a great reputation for wake, ride and handling. It might be tough to get as good without spending some serious coin.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-14-2016, 9:24 AM Reply   
got a v230. very similar to the 210, great wake but takes a ton of weight to surf. took a crack at a prototype surf gate, but as others mentioned it doesn't wake up until you list it. Haven't seen anyone with a 230 that built a gate or bought one and kept it
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       03-15-2016, 1:49 PM Reply   
Good info guys thanks. Spoke with buddy last night who had traded his X10 in on a SAN230. Said I was far better off keeping the V210 and upgrading to a gate specific model when able.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-15-2016, 1:59 PM Reply   
after reading this thread and searching others, here's how im gonna run my v230 to surf this season. may give you a few ideas for your 210.

they do like weight in the front, but you gotta bury the surf side transom as well. gonna put 500 lbs of lead in the port locker with 1100 bag on top of it. half full 750 on seats behind captains chair, belly full (450'ish), 200 lbs lead center bow, another 120-150 under surf side bow seats.

AND i'll be riding this:
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       03-16-2016, 9:17 AM Reply   
Where did you get the lead? Is it easy enough to move around?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-17-2016, 12:02 AM Reply   
I sold all my lead and now I use steel disks instead, packed in 50 pound bags. Excellent option
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-18-2016, 11:52 AM Reply   
tire shop. old balancing weights. I buy 5 gal bucket for $40 IIRC. Grab some canvas zip bags from Home D. prolly 30-35 each. yes, easy to move.