Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (patrick)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-04-2014, 1:58 PM Reply   
My zipper recently cracked and is now broken for my bimini cover. I'm looking for a replacement cover and haven't had much luck. I've asked my dealer and they mentioned custom making them to order which sounds expensive. It seems like a pretty standard cover for my boat below:

2003 Malibu Wakesetter VLX
Skylon Tower
Black Bimini w/ Black cover that straps to Skylon tower
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-04-2014, 2:29 PM Reply   
are you referring to just the boot that you put the bimini into when not in use?
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       09-04-2014, 2:55 PM Reply   
If it is just the boot couldn't you just take it to an upholstery shop and have it repaired?
Old     (patrick)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-05-2014, 5:39 AM Reply   
Yep. Just the cover for the actual bimini when not in use. It's called a boot? I just figured it may cost about $75-$150 to get the zipper replaced and a lot of shops don't have that kind of industrial zipper.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-05-2014, 6:12 AM Reply   
call up towerbiminis.com they sell them i think for 90 bucks.
Old     (tranner)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-05-2014, 8:36 AM Reply   
Would this work? http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=2267
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-05-2014, 9:14 AM Reply   
If the boot is in good condition, I would just get the zipper replaced. Much cheaper.
Old     (patrick)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-05-2014, 9:27 AM Reply   
That would definitely work on the bakes site! I just dropped it off at an upholstery shop and they will fix it for $70. But def. good to know in future.