Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (tribeal)      Join Date: Jul 2016       12-05-2019, 9:21 AM Reply   
currently riding hyperlyte system hi backs with 2017 webb boots but been haveing a lot of problems breaking the ladder straps or even the base itself one time. Looking at getting back into a traditional closed toe that would have the same feel. I like my ankle to be locked in really good. I rode shredtowns before going HL and loved them. Just leary of the new hook style strap vs the velcro.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-06-2019, 4:21 AM Reply   
The new(ish) SS gummy system is incredible.
Been riding for 15+ and its by far the best system Ive encountered.
Simple, stable, secure, customizable. You'll be happy.
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-07-2019, 3:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribeal View Post
currently riding hyperlyte system hi backs with 2017 webb boots but been haveing a lot of problems breaking the ladder straps or even the base itself one time. Looking at getting back into a traditional closed toe that would have the same feel. I like my ankle to be locked in really good. I rode shredtowns before going HL and loved them. Just leary of the new hook style strap vs the velcro.
The Team x HL is great for my skinny ankles, I put them on like snow ski boots where I semi tighten the top cinch first, press my shin against the tongue and repeat that press as I tighten top to bottom, pushes my ankle to back of boot so that when I really cinch all tight, it grabs the ankle and they are super comfortable very very tight

I bought my whole 19’ Murray with Team x from a dealer on FB for $440 , less than 1/2 cost of just ronix one bindings , I did by two boards inc one for wife (prism with onyx boots-the top of the line women’s) but both were $880 total
You may not find that good of a deal but even retail HL is much less than Ronix though everyone luvs their Ronix or slingshot (that will not last as long )