Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Richard320)      Join Date: Jul 2017       03-12-2018, 5:57 AM Reply   
I purchased a new ronix surf board last year before summer.
Used it all summer with no problems and stored it in my house for the winter. Took it out for the first ride of the summer this year and noticed a huge air bubble on the bottom side of it. I was wondering if anyone else had this same problem or knows anything I can do about it
Attached Images

Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-12-2018, 6:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
I purchased a new ronix surf board last year before summer.

Used it all summer with no problems and stored it in my house for the winter. Took it out for the first ride of the summer this year and noticed a huge air bubble on the bottom side of it. I was wondering if anyone else had this same problem or knows anything I can do about it

Contact Ronix directly. They have excellent customer service.
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-12-2018, 11:04 AM Reply   
It is called a delamination. Generally occurs from too much heat or often just a bad build.
Super common for chinese pop-out boards.

Nick
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-12-2018, 11:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
It is called a delamination. Generally occurs from too much heat or often just a bad build.
Super common for chinese pop-out boards.

Nick
this.
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       03-12-2018, 4:13 PM Reply   
Did you leave it sitting in bimini surf pocket or racks, exposed to sun in really hot weather over summer for long period of time? Hopefully they will warranty for you. I have a cheaper CWB boat board that has a smaller bubble, probably from same thing since I have had that board since 2015.
One reason I really like Corson Pipers racks....mounted under my tower, bimini keeps sun off my good boards.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-13-2018, 6:51 AM Reply   
Sun + Wakesurf Board is a bad thing. Really Ironic but the sun and heat are super bad for boards.
Old     (imoore)      Join Date: Oct 2010       03-13-2018, 3:46 PM Reply   
Same as everyone said, it happens to some boards if you leave them in the sun for too long. I would contact Ronix's customer service, they're really awesome and should hopefully be able to help you out so you can get to riding again! For future reference, just be sure to keep it out of the sun and heat when you aren't riding.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       03-13-2018, 5:21 PM Reply   
That’s exactly why I always keep my Soulcraft in his board sock.

Hope Ronix will give you something good!
Or sadly you learned the lesson the hard way. (Never let a surfboard out in the direct sun all day)

I think it’s more a *«*cheap*» Wakesurf issue (even if they are expensive)
My P5 Danielo had been on the direct sun for 8 years now with no problems.
I think it’s more a «*mass built*» board brand.
But at the price we pay our handcrafted custom board i don’t take any chance lol.

Last edited by Mike88; 03-13-2018 at 5:28 PM. Reason: Tapping
Old     (Richard320)      Join Date: Jul 2017       03-14-2018, 5:28 PM Reply   
thanks for the replys. i contacted ronix and they told me to go to the shop i purchased the board from and it will be under warranty. thinking of upgrading to a board that may be of better quality such as a phase 5. thinking i wanna get a nice hybrid board. any suggestions?
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-15-2018, 10:27 AM Reply   
Holy crap. I was looking for a cargo rack but what I am hearing is it will not work for surf boards?