Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (h2oslider)      Join Date: Sep 2016       09-18-2016, 8:30 AM Reply   
Filmed a few weeks ago with a former Neptune Wakeboards teammate of mine Jacob Patterson up in the Dallas, Tx area behind his Nautique G23.

Last edited by h2oslider; 09-18-2016 at 8:33 AM.
Old     (crazyjd)      Join Date: Jun 2016       09-30-2016, 2:08 AM Reply   
Nice edit man! Made me wish I would of taken much more drone footage this year.

The embed code does not work on TapTalk for some reason.
Old     (Summer225)      Join Date: Apr 2016       09-30-2016, 4:23 AM Reply   
Very cool video, beautiful boat too! Thanks for sharing......I wish i was more skilled at video's/editing.
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       10-04-2016, 6:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer225 View Post
Very cool video, beautiful boat too! Thanks for sharing......I wish i was more skilled at video's/editing.
Great edit, I'm same and Facebook deleted recently all my vids with music from
Cockpit, almost sounded edited, not, but besides YouTube for music, my skills are limited to iPhone edit and cockpit music
Old     (h2oslider)      Join Date: Sep 2016       10-04-2016, 10:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjd View Post
Nice edit man! Made me wish I would of taken much more drone footage this year.

The embed code does not work on TapTalk for some reason.
Thanks man! I always love flying when I'm out at the lake. Love it even more when I can chase a wakeboarder down the lake filming. I want to try and get better at it. I feel like I could get closer but I get a little nervous.

I'll have to see what the deal is for the embed code on Tap Talk, I haven't tried to look at it there yet.
Old     (Summer225)      Join Date: Apr 2016       10-05-2016, 2:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by granddaddy53 View Post
Great edit, I'm same and Facebook deleted recently all my vids with music from
Cockpit, almost sounded edited, not, but besides YouTube for music, my skills are limited to iPhone edit and cockpit music
I'm sure there's an easier way to edit video doe with music.....one day I'll take the time and figure it out 😬
Old     (lipslide08)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-04-2017, 8:26 AM Reply   
This is really good work here. I am curious as to how much you have invested in the filming setups you used and how much filming/editing experience you have? I have not even wet my feet in filming yet but I am probably going to start. I am just wondering how much time and money I am going to have to invest to make some decent video clips.
Old     (h2oslider)      Join Date: Sep 2016       07-05-2017, 11:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipslide08 View Post
This is really good work here. I am curious as to how much you have invested in the filming setups you used and how much filming/editing experience you have? I have not even wet my feet in filming yet but I am probably going to start. I am just wondering how much time and money I am going to have to invest to make some decent video clips.

Thank you! I am not a professional videographer in the slightest. Just a guy who grew up repeatedly watching films like MayDay, Gravity Sucks and Skurfs Up. I think I wore all those VHS tapes out after school when I couldn't go ride. My only editing experience comes from making one video at a time. Learning from mistakes and also from learning what the guys who do this for a living by watching their videos too to get the basic ideas of how to keep a video flowing. A lot of times people will edit their videos and they'll have these clips that are super long ( by long I mean 8 to 10 second clips). I try to edit my videos for people with short attention spans, that way the video keeps moving and there's always some new angle or some new direction that the rider is coming from.

As for video equipment, this video was made entirely with iMovie using a GoPro Hero 4, GoPro Session, Canon 7D ( very few shots in this video from that camera as I was just learning how to use it), DJI Phantom 4, GoPole Reach, and a Beast Mount. I have all this camera gear only because I have accumulated it through the years.

The first video I made at this lake I was using a DJI Phantom 1 modified to have a larger battery bay with a GoPro 3 on a zenmuse gimbal. That other video even has slow motion video I grabbed on an iPhone 6. Either way, I really think anyone could make a great video with just an iPhone or a GoPro alone. It's never about the gear that you use, it's really how you use it and how you edit it that makes for a great video that people like to watch, in my opinion.

As for the time to invest..........depends on what you want really. It takes me about a week to put together a video. But then again I work 80 hours a week training to be a plastic surgeon. So there isn't really a lot of time to edit. One of the things that takes me the longest to do is to find the right song since that alone will set the tone for your entire video (if you are just using that one song). Once I have that the rest of the video falls into place and then I'll go back and do all my color correction. If I didn't have a full time job it may take me 2 to 3 days to get everything the way I want it.

In the end, You don't have to invest much to make good videos, just be mindful of the flow, try to change up the angles, and don't be afraid to try new things with each video. Your first video may not be something that anyone is going to watch, but on the other hand you've now got a video that when you are 80 you can show the grandkids and you just got a little better at video making so that the next one is even more entertaining. Hope this helps!
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-05-2017, 7:31 PM Reply   
Cool video! Fun to watch!
Old     (h2oslider)      Join Date: Sep 2016       08-03-2017, 11:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetogofast View Post
Cool video! Fun to watch!
Thanks man!!!