Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-08-2013, 8:55 PM Reply   
I recently strapped on my old Gator Prospect with my Rinix One Boots. I am in love yet again. I have been through 4 other boards (2 slingshots and two Ronix ) , but the minute I put this thing back on the water I was hitting everything and fell back in love. I think I am gonna put my 2012 Mana back on the wall for a bit.

Anyone ever had the same feeling? It's just felt awesome.
Old     (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-08-2013, 10:59 PM Reply   
My guess is you are no one but not all men can say the same due own superstition. You have real look at board. I never rode Prospect and even any Gators but I sure many boards after 2006 year are very good in deed and for today
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-09-2013, 8:31 AM Reply   
I was just thinking about pulling out my old Marius and taking it for a spin. I will be doing this for sure now!
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-09-2013, 9:48 AM Reply   
I like to keep it fresh & try to cycle through most of my boards during the season....
Old     (JDK13)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-09-2013, 9:55 AM Reply   
Have not even thought about trying out my o'brian rail 132 since I got my 2013 slingshot shredtown
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-09-2013, 10:09 AM Reply   
Forrest,

U guys hitting up Nationals again this year?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-09-2013, 10:20 AM Reply   
Sorry Worlds in Pleasant Prarie.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-09-2013, 10:27 AM Reply   
This is exactly why I rarely switch boards. I rode the O'brien Player for about 5 years I think, then the Decade for about 3 or 4 after the Player went away. So much of this sport is about Muscle memory. Colin Ryan once said (when he was riding for Gator) I don't care what board(s) the send me as long as the keep sending me the same ones so I don't have to learn how to ride something different. He was talking about muscle memory. I have ridden 100's of boards and no matter what some one says they all ride a little different and working with Chris Johnson head engineer at O'brien you would be amazed by how little changes in shape have a huge impact on ride.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-09-2013, 3:05 PM Reply   
I've Been riding the O'Brien contra for about 8 months now and like it. but every time i take a set on my old O'Brien decade its like my first love all over again! as much as i would like to go back i really love the soft landings of the fusion core and the "snappyness"
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-09-2013, 6:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
This is exactly why I rarely switch boards. I rode the O'brien Player for about 5 years I think, then the Decade for about 3 or 4 after the Player went away. So much of this sport is about Muscle memory. Colin Ryan once said (when he was riding for Gator) I don't care what board(s) the send me as long as the keep sending me the same ones so I don't have to learn how to ride something different. He was talking about muscle memory. I have ridden 100's of boards and no matter what some one says they all ride a little different and working with Chris Johnson head engineer at O'brien you would be amazed by how little changes in shape have a huge impact on ride.
I agree. I am nowhere near your level but since 02 I've ridden the Hype premier (02) liquid force substance (05) and ronix mana when I broke the sub. Those boards were all basically the same shape. I then started riding the viva, hated it, new mana took me a little to get used to but its been a great ride (for me) . Keep it simple, ride similar shapes and technique!
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-10-2013, 8:26 PM Reply   
Delta

Those are all pretty much the boards I went down the line with

HyperlitePremier, Ronix Covin (when it switched to viva in 09 I quit riding it), Went to the Gator, Rode the Gonzalez for a bit then when they dropped the Prospect it was instant transfer. Then rode SS response for bit, then went with the new shape Mana when it changed to Dean Smiths' board (the older Adam Errington version Mana i thought was a slow pig on the water). The newer Mana has some very similar characteristics to the old Premier i really like.

I have had the "Homie hookup" for a while so was always able to hop on a different board and check it out from time to time just to check out the new characteristics. Sometimes that's a bad thing cuz you instantly end up dropping $$ on a new board. However I was always able to sell the older ones

Last edited by xstarrider; 08-10-2013 at 8:33 PM.