Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-26-2011, 6:37 AM Reply   
ive always used "Babes Boats" spot solver for my wipe downs. but my gallon is empty and was thinking about trying "Boat Bling" hot sauce although it is more expensive.

does anyone have experience with BOTH? thoughts on how they compare?

will be used on dark blue and black boat so streakless wiping is a must. also not drying when applied to a hot hull is important here in texas.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-26-2011, 6:40 AM Reply   
I've used both, prefer the Hot Sauce. Easier to wipe off, leaves better finish. I too used them on a black boat. Either will dry if it's to hot, you won't get away from that no matter what you use. The key to that will be using a damp towel and doing very small sections at a time.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-26-2011, 7:04 AM Reply   
yeah thats true. i usually do about a 3'-4' section at a time. and wipe the second the boat is pulled out so the hull is still wet too. but sometimes in the texas 100+ its just too hot. your right about nothing you can do.

the one thing that made me think about trying the hot sauce even though its pricier is that it says it has a little wax/detailer in it to help prevent waterspots next time. i really dont have a problem with that but for a extra $10-15 it might be nice to have.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       09-26-2011, 7:12 AM Reply   
Another great product which is very economical is "Driven" boat wipe concentrate... have been using for the past three years with excellent results. Its bio-degradeable and smells really good.... All there products including the vinyl conditioner, wax, scratch remover are top notch. Definitely worth a look...

http://www.driventoperfection.com/sh...ct_detail&p=18
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-26-2011, 7:13 AM Reply   
We use babes. We will even cut the boat brite with 50% water and it still works just as well.

We have had success using Cobra Miracle Microfiber Towells.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-26-2011, 7:32 AM Reply   
yeah i use the babes spot remover and reduce it as well cause i use it every single time, i mix it to only 25% product, 75% water
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-26-2011, 8:19 AM Reply   
We use babes on a black boat. Never lets us down. still no permanent waterspots.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-26-2011, 9:05 AM Reply   
have you tried both? im looking for a comparison.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-26-2011, 9:16 AM Reply   
It is hard to pass up Babes when you can buy it for $22 a gallon. This site has the best price on anything marine

http://www.jmsonline.net/babes-boat-...bab-bb7001.htm
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       09-26-2011, 9:20 AM Reply   
all i use is hot sauce. seems to work really good for me on an all blue boat. never used babes
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       09-26-2011, 9:22 AM Reply   
any one ever cut hot sauce back with water?
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-26-2011, 9:29 AM Reply   
I've used both. I prefer Hot Sauce. Babes smells better, but IMO it doesn't work as well. Hot sauce works better and leaves a glossier, polished, wax look.

This stuff works well, too. Auto Magic Hydroshine. I spray it on:

http://www.automagic.biz/2005-Flyers...e-Flyer-lo.pdf
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-26-2011, 10:03 AM Reply   
Yesterday, I used Babes Boat Bright dilluted in water to wash my hull. It seemed to work.

Do you think this is a waste or would some of boat-bright stay on the boat to protect it?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-26-2011, 10:06 AM Reply   
I use Babes/Water 50/50 mix and put it in a garden sprayer. I have a black boat and it never lets me down. I have used Hot Sauce once and the smell was very heavy vinegar and my wife hates washing vinegar smelled towels, but found that we might have had a bad bottle as most said they don't experience that. I know a lot of people that speak very highly of Hot Sauce and trust that it is as good or better than Babes. I will probably try it next time, but find that Babes is very accessible and when I dilute it, it is very cost effective and works excellent.
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       09-26-2011, 10:38 AM Reply   
hot sauce does smell but i never thought it smelled like vinegar
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-26-2011, 10:47 AM Reply   
Hey diggs, that slick mist you PDX boys use is pretty good too.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-26-2011, 10:52 AM Reply   
I like the idea of babes 50/50 in a garden sprayer. Wash the boat. Spray with babes. Wipe down.
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       09-26-2011, 10:57 AM Reply   
My boat is dark grey. I've tried both. If you wipe it down every time, I don't think it matters which you use. I use my boat at least 3 times per week in the summer and I got sick of wiping the whole thing down every time. I now do the whole thing once per month. My lake has very hard water and after 1 month I have dry water spots all over the boat. Babes does nothing to get them off after they have been on there 1 month. Hot Sauce gets all the water spots off with nothing more than a spray and wipe. Sometimes I have to go over a spot twice but it is amazing. After a month of water spots the boat looks brand new again.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-26-2011, 11:10 AM Reply   
well i ordered a gallon of hot sauce. but im worried about the smell. but in the diluted state i used the babes, im hoping will town down the smell of the hot sauce. often we we go eat after wiping the boat and leaving the lake. so stinky hands would be a major turn off for me. have to see i guess.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-26-2011, 11:15 AM Reply   
I would guess that vineager 50/50 in a sprayer would do the trick on water spots for a lot less money.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-26-2011, 11:20 AM Reply   
Used them both on my dark blue, black & white boat & had pretty good luck with them both. The Hot Sauce does have a vinegary smell to it though. I prefer the hot, slutty, stripper smell of Babes any day of the week.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-26-2011, 11:26 AM Reply   
starting to think i made the wrong choice
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-26-2011, 12:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tre View Post
My boat is dark grey. I've tried both. If you wipe it down every time, I don't think it matters which you use. I use my boat at least 3 times per week in the summer and I got sick of wiping the whole thing down every time. I now do the whole thing once per month. My lake has very hard water and after 1 month I have dry water spots all over the boat. Babes does nothing to get them off after they have been on there 1 month. Hot Sauce gets all the water spots off with nothing more than a spray and wipe. Sometimes I have to go over a spot twice but it is amazing. After a month of water spots the boat looks brand new again.
Thank you for the testimonial Tre! The vinegar-like smell that some users have noticed is the small amount of acetic acid in Hot Sauce which allows it to cut those month old waterspots. There are a number of other components such as polymer sealants (for protecting the gelcoat) and aromatics which tone down the smell significantly. Acetic acid is very pungent so those who are sensitive may find the smell unpleasant. We have about an 85/25 ratio of customers who love the smell vs those that hate it...like politicians there's no middle ground lol

With that said, like many others our group often leaves the lake and stops at a restaurant and have never thought twice about a vinegar odor. Nor have we ever had a complaint of that nature.

Babe's products are top notch and we at Boat Bling respect them and their accomplishments greatly! However to achieve the same end result of removing baked on waterspots and protecting gelcoat you would need 2 Babe's products (Spot Solver + Boat Bright) as opposed to the Hot Sauce which achieves both with one simple spray on/wipe off application saving time, and energy after a long day on the water.

Zack@boatbling.net
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-26-2011, 12:58 PM Reply   
After scanning the responses there are a couple other things I'd like to touch on...

Diluting?
While it is not necessary or recommended to dilute Hot Sauce, if you're set on it I suggest that you use only distilled or at minimum purified water to do so. Tapwater contains minerals (which ones depend on your location/source) that may break down when exposed to other compounds in the bottle especially if left to sit for a few weeks in a hot area such as a garage, storage, or vehicle.

Applying to a Hot Surface?
As with any soft water based product, some evaporation is unavoidable. If you get a little excited and bite off more than you can chew (apply on too large an area) just give the dried up area 1 quick spray and wipe and the exaporated product will come right off without any elbow grease. That is one of the added bonuses of not using carnuba based wax which can be tough to remove if allowed to dry.

Also, remember that Hot Sauce is strong enough to remove old waterspots so it does not need to be used immediately or while the boat is wet. Many of our customers prefer to wipe down after the boat is home or in storage...or simply whenever they have time.

Hope that clears up any questions but as always, I'm more than happy to discuss online or via email.

Thanks!

Zack bale
zack@boatbling.net
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-26-2011, 1:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang_killa_ss View Post
starting to think i made the wrong choice
Cory,

Thank you for your purchase! Once you receive the product (hopefully you entered the WAKEWORLD promo code for 10% off) if you are not 100% satisfied with the ease of application and results we will buy it back no questions asked.

Zack Bale
zack@boatbling.net
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-26-2011, 1:15 PM Reply   
I will say that Babes does not cut out any baked on water spots, but it will ensure you do not have them as long as you wipe down each time. I rarely have waterspots, but am anxious to give Boat Bling a shot. If it really works on baked on hard water spots, I could justify using it. In the winter time I end up spending time getting waterspots off other boats, so would like to give it a shot and really put it to the test.
Old     (scottymc261)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-26-2011, 1:58 PM Reply   
Im with DiamondDad, i go out too much and Vinger/Water kills it for me, and like 4 buck a gallon dilute to 2 or 3 gallons...
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-26-2011, 3:24 PM Reply   
You guys with Vinegar and Water realize that you are pulling the wax right off the boat every time you wipe it down????
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-26-2011, 3:27 PM Reply   
david. I use hot sauce and dilute it 50/50 with distilled water. one gallon of distilled water is 99 cents which enables me to cut 8 hot sauce bottles. I have a white boat that I wipe down everytime I ride, so having it diluted works great for me. It has a nice smell to it when cut as well, very subtle, but keeps my boat looking and smelling new.
Old     (TheSqueakyWheel)      Join Date: Oct 2010       09-26-2011, 3:40 PM Reply   
i live on a lake and leave my boat in for a few weeks at a time.
I just bought Hot Sauce. it didn't touch the baked-on hard water spots. Then again, neither does Babes. Neither does vinegar.

Our water is hard - when the spots are bad, nothing beats a light polish with Meguiar's boat polishing compound, or a quickie light acid wash with diluted Zing followed by reapplication of spray on wax
Old     (tazz3069)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-26-2011, 5:38 PM Reply   
I have been using boat bling since 07' I really like it. I have converted 3 of my buddies to Boat Bling as well. As a matter of fact I need more hot sauce, vinyl sauce, and your wax. My boat still has that show room shine to it.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-26-2011, 5:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourspeednup View Post
Babe's products are top notch and we at Boat Bling respect them and their accomplishments greatly! However to achieve the same end result of removing baked on waterspots and protecting gelcoat you would need 2 Babe's products (Spot Solver + Boat Bright) as opposed to the Hot Sauce which achieves both with one simple spray on/wipe off application saving time, and energy after a long day on the water.

Zack@boatbling.net
If you are wiping the boat down after one day on the lake, all you need is Boat Bright. If you have old baked on water spots, the Spot Solver is great stuff. Continual use of Boat Bright leaves the hull slick and shiny and makes it resist water spots. Babe's is the gold standard IMO.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-26-2011, 11:11 PM Reply   
If babes is the gold standard hot sauce must be the platinum standard.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-27-2011, 7:44 AM Reply   
Personally, I love the smell of the hot sauce. It reminds me of summer every time I smell it and I haven't gotten sick of it in 4 years. Cory, you won't regret buying the hot sauce. I buy a gallon a year of that stuff.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-27-2011, 9:53 AM Reply   
SqueakyWheel is right. Hot sauce or babes spot remove can't touch tough water spots. Boat will need a water spot treatment or a buff to get rid of them....
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-28-2011, 6:30 AM Reply   
I have used both. I now use Boat Bling.

'nuf said.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-28-2011, 7:46 AM Reply   
Zack - do you have any dealers in Dallas,TX? I'd like to give the hot sauce a try
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-28-2011, 8:10 AM Reply   
I've been really happy with Boat Bling's products. My friend Matt used to swear by babes, but when he ran out this last time, he picked up some Boat Bling stuff. My understanding is that he's very happy with what he purchased from Boat Bling. My understanding is that both products are outstanding.
Old     (jbird)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-28-2011, 9:52 AM Reply   
I use Babe's Boat Brite everytime out, and have no need for a spot remover!
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-28-2011, 12:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy_smith View Post
Zack - do you have any dealers in Dallas,TX? I'd like to give the hot sauce a try
Murphy,

We have a brand new distributor based out of Houston who's reps are responsible for servicing the marinas and retailers throughout TX. Unfortunately they're so new that we don't have a dealer list just yet. I have a call in to them and will follow up with you via PM shortly.

If you or anyone else would like to purchase product through our website www.boatbling.net remember to use the promo code WAKEWORLD at checkout for a 10% discount

To the rest of the Boat Bling supporters that have replied in this thread...thank you again for the kind words and recommendations! While we have been expanding aggressively throughout 2011 and have huge plans for 2012, it's our core group of customers that have provided the grass roots movement of support throughout the country that has not only allowed us to survive despite the economy but actually increase sales over 70% from 2010. For that we are extremely grateful and it will never be forgotten as Boat Bling continues to grow

Zack Bale
www.boatbling.net
zack@boatbling.net
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-28-2011, 4:29 PM Reply   
I love the Bling but - I found that the conditioner attracts dust. I was cleaning the interior of the boat on pull out with the vinyl sauce and then the conditioner. After the drive home the interior was just filthy. Its a little more work but I just do a quick wipe down with the Vinyl sauce and then do a full cleaning the next day at home.

I can tell the difference in the vinyl with conditioner...it makes it much more supple (double points for word usage there).
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-07-2011, 3:16 PM Reply   
I was going to try the Hot Sauce, but the shipping was as much as the sauce. Any cheaper shipping options...slow boat is fine.
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       10-07-2011, 4:21 PM Reply   
try bakes marine there shipping is much cheaper! www.bakesonline.com
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-07-2011, 4:53 PM Reply   
contact them direct. They threw me a great deal on the shipping to canada.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-14-2011, 3:24 PM Reply   
well i finally got to try my hot sauce.
when arrived the first thing i did was open the lid and sniff it. i was very pleased. it smelled like a combo of bubble gum and cherry. huge relief
however when i was pouring it in my spray bottle i could smell the little bit of vinager smell.
i mixed up a batch. 1/3 hot sauce 2/3 water. about the same ratio i used for the boat babes.
when applying it i could smell the hint of vinager as well. g/f even made a comment she could smell it during cleaning. and then on me/towel when driving home.

first thing i noticed its much "wetter" than boat babes. i dont know how else to discribe this. the way it formed droplets on the hull, smeared etc. just wetter. i also noticed (for the same reason i assume) i had to wipe it more. boat babes was 1-2 wipes for a dry finish. the hot sauce took 3-4 wipes.
although air/hull temps were down (77ish) the hot sauce didnt seem to dry at all. but 105 temps next year will be the final test. g/f noticed the hull was much shinier and smoother to the touch after than the boat babes.
im anxious to see how the hot sauce wax additive it has in it goes. ie if it will help them from forming on future outings.
also seem like no streaking or rainbowing that i sometimes got with the babes on the dark colored hull. especially noticed this on the rear transom (black) where the exhaust leave a little film on it. clean right up.

so far im happy and feel like its an improvement. other than the slight odor.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-14-2011, 3:26 PM Reply   
disclaimer: i do not proof read
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-14-2011, 5:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SangerTom View Post
I love the Bling but - I found that the conditioner attracts dust. I was cleaning the interior of the boat on pull out with the vinyl sauce and then the conditioner. After the drive home the interior was just filthy. Its a little more work but I just do a quick wipe down with the Vinyl sauce and then do a full cleaning the next day at home.

I can tell the difference in the vinyl with conditioner...it makes it much more supple (double points for word usage there).
Oops, just saw this. Another option would be to do the interior wipedown (cleanup) at the ramp with the Vinyl Sauce and save the Condition Sauce for when you get home and the boat is put away. That should eliminate the dust and road grime from sticking. You're doing yourself a huge favor keeping the vinyl protected and moisturized...too many boaters spend hours cleaning and scrubbing but won't take 5 minutes to protect. The softer and better protected the vinyl remains, the easier it is to clean...not to mention longevity
FYI - I generally use the Condition Sauce about every 3rd cleaning and a little goes a long way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brhanley
I was going to try the Hot Sauce, but the shipping was as much as the sauce. Any cheaper shipping options...slow boat is fine.
Send me an email zack@boatbling.net or a PM with your address and I'll see if we have any local dealers or get you set up personally. If you're interested I won't let shipping costs get in the way of you giving the product a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang_killa_ss
...also seem like no streaking or rainbowing that i sometimes got with the babes on the dark colored hull. especially noticed this on the rear transom (black) where the exhaust leave a little film on it. clean right up.
... so far im happy and feel like its an improvement.
Thanks for the thorough review and we're thrilled to hear you're happy with the product! Next time take some before/after shots so we can check it out! That "wet effect" should help out when it's 100+ in the summer. The Sauce products were R&D'd on the Colorado River lakes/rivers where the water spots are extreme and 120* temps are the norm.

Your review reminded me of another point, the type of towel used to wipe down the boat is just as important as the product, especially when working on dark colors. Clean microfiber or terrycloth towels are ideal and when washing/drying keep them separate from clothes and DO NOT use fabric softener which can lead to streaking. I picked up some incredibly soft towels from the auto parts store and it was like wiping the boat down with a plastic bag It was impossible to get a streak free clean. To date the best towels we've found on the cheap are the 50+ packs at Costco.

To all of our customers, thank you again for your continued support! We are excited about the current growth of Boat Bling and thanks to several key partnerships I'm happy to say that the Sauce line will be stocked on many of your local dealer's shelves by next Spring.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-14-2011, 6:59 PM Reply   
i have found the same. super soft towels dont dry worth $#it! lol.
i found bath towels that were a year or two old and were the cut pile style, not the super soft fuzz or loop style, to work the best for me. ironically seemed to be the "harder" the tower the better it worked. ill try to get a reflection pic for ya.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-14-2011, 7:28 PM Reply   
Zack its easy to stand behind such an awesome product. I got hooked on the stuff back in 06' and never turned back.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-15-2011, 9:22 AM Reply   
A buddy of mine picked up some "Ducky" and it was the first specific spot cleaner/boat cleaning product he has bought i think. He has not really heard of Babes or Hot sauce. He is super impressed with the Ducky (kinda expensive though). I have heard so little about Ducky but tons about Babes and hot sauce on the forums and thought id ask about DUCKY and get our expert WW opinion.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-15-2011, 11:58 AM Reply   
I got a small hot sauce and small vinyl cleaner...we are going to try them out next week.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-16-2011, 1:58 PM Reply   
I absolutely love the vinyl and conditioning sauces too. You should check those out Cory!
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-16-2011, 2:34 PM Reply   
Ok - I used the hot sauce today...on the Windows of my Tahoe after washing it.

It was about 90 degrees and I let the water dry on the windows so I had water spots and it looked like crap. I gave the hot sauce a little try with my microfiber towels and it cleaned the windows effortlessly.

I cant wait to try it on the boat
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-16-2011, 5:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
1/3 hot sauce 2/3 water. about the same ratio i used for the boat babes.
when applying it i could smell the hint of vinager as well. g/f even made a comment she could smell it during cleaning. and then on me/towel when driving home.
I currently dilute it 50% with distilled water, but then discovered that it seems to take a lot more of it to get off any stubborn areas. I am not sure if I am actually saving any money that way.

I am still in the research phase, but I think that I am probably not going to dilute it as much, definitely not 1/3 Boat Bling. I think you will be even more pleased with it a little thicker.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-16-2011, 9:51 PM Reply   
LOL do you guys dillute your gas too....
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-17-2011, 7:08 AM Reply   
gas isnt $40 a gallon
yet.
plus i use it EVERY trip for post riding wipe down.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-17-2011, 7:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
gas isnt $40 a gallon
yet.
plus i use it EVERY trip for post riding wipe down.
Who doesn't use it every time they pull the boat out.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-17-2011, 7:48 AM Reply   
got to try it again yesterday. still struggling a bit with application technique taking me nearly twice as long. but ill get it figured out. the finished product is nice.
heres the pics you requested zack.
taken after wipe down yesterday. first one without flash, second with flash.

(may have to click for full size)

Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-17-2011, 7:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05mobiuslsv View Post
Who doesn't use it every time they pull the boat out.
well i hear people always mentioning "stubborn spots" "baked on" and "build up" and "old spots" so i guess theres folks out there that dont
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-17-2011, 9:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
well i hear people always mentioning "stubborn spots" "baked on" and "build up" and "old spots" so i guess theres folks out there that dont
My guess is those folks aren't using anything, or maybe they are dilluting it to much .
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-17-2011, 10:18 AM Reply   
Gas is dilluted with ethanol and done so by the oil companies...you can thank our current administration for giving the oil companies a 45 cent tax credit for every gallon of gas sold!

I wish I invented Blue Stabil!!!!!!
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-17-2011, 10:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Gas is dilluted with ethanol and done so by the oil companies...you can thank our current administration for giving the oil companies a 45 cent tax credit for every gallon of gas sold!

I wish I invented Blue Stabil!!!!!!
You may want to check on who is making them put ethanol in gas.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-17-2011, 12:48 PM Reply   
I want to know, but im too lazy to try and find out, so....who?

Also, yes i dilute my hot sauce but wipe down everytime. No, i dont dilute my gas or diesel fuel with water.

*Sent with a smartphone while making boo
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-17-2011, 2:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Ok - I used the hot sauce today...on the Windows of my Tahoe after washing it.

It was about 90 degrees and I let the water dry on the windows so I had water spots and it looked like crap. I gave the hot sauce a little try with my microfiber towels and it cleaned the windows effortlessly.

I cant wait to try it on the boat
Glad you got a chance to try it out! My windows are tinted dark and it's just about impossible to wash my truck in the sun without spotting up the windows too.

It's my lifetime goal to eliminate this statement from all boaters the world over!!! LOL Although if I sold a quart to every boat owner in the world I'd be posting on WW from my yacht in BVI, so keep spreading the word!!

Awesome pics Stang_killa! Thanks for posting, it looks great!

Oh and who doesn't dilute their fuel with H20? That's what the water separator is for
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-17-2011, 2:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourspeednup View Post
Glad you got a chance to try it out! My windows are tinted dark and it's just about impossible to wash my truck in the sun without spotting up the windows too.

It's my lifetime goal to eliminate this statement from all boaters the world over!!! LOL Although if I sold a quart to every boat owner in the world I'd be posting on WW from my yacht in BVI, so keep spreading the word!!

Awesome pics Stang_killa! Thanks for posting, it looks great!

Oh and who doesn't dilute their fuel with H20? That's what the water separator is for
Yeah if you say so .
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-04-2015, 10:07 AM Reply   
longest thread update ever. this thread happened to pop up when I googled boat bling to re order.

cant believe ive been using this stuff for 5 years already. Just ordered another gallon. love this stuff. boat still looks brand new and shiny and spot less as ever. I use it after every trip and it works great even in the triple digit texas heat and in the current dirty flood lake waters.

Called and talked with Jake and he was super nice.
definatly glad I made the switch from babes.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-04-2015, 10:53 AM Reply   
Where was this thread in 2012 when I purchased my boat and needed product to keep it shinning. I did a test with Boat Bling after leaving Lake Powell last year. Didn't wipe the boat and let it sit in my driveway for a week. Amazed with the results, been using Boat Bling ever since...
Name:  Boat Bling.jpg
Views: 6291
Size:  68.7 KB
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       08-04-2015, 12:47 PM Reply   
Did half of 1 dude with each product. Hot sauce way better in every facet except smell. But smell isn't my main concern. Lol
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       08-04-2015, 12:49 PM Reply   
Side=dude. Lol
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       08-04-2015, 4:36 PM Reply   
funny to see this thread again. I still have the same boat (but may upgrade soon) and still use Hot Sauce to remove the hard water spots. I'll have to snap some before and after pictures. My gray Supra is a mess with water spots right now and really needs some hot sauce.
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-05-2015, 5:58 AM Reply   
Hot sauce on sale here plus cheap shipping - https://discountmarinesource.com/p-5...al-hs0128.aspx
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-05-2015, 7:30 AM Reply   
50-50 Vinegar and distilled water. Every time I see someone use anything else for water spots, I'm looking at a sucker. That said, I like both companies light spray wax product. It does a great job between proper waxes.
Old     (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-05-2015, 2:49 PM Reply   
Chris Walker (he's on the forum somewhere) has a really great spot remover and it's the best we've used. It's called Spotless, check it out here: http://spotlessboat.com/product/

I haven't used Hot Sauce before, but have used Babe's Spot Solver and Spotless is much, much better to use. Puts a nice coat of UV protectant wax on the boat when you wipe it down, too. More expensive, but worth it.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-06-2015, 6:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
50-50 Vinegar and distilled water. Every time I see someone use anything else for water spots, I'm looking at a sucker.
I'm a sucker
Old     (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-06-2015, 10:24 AM Reply   
Me too. A sucker that's not stripping my wax every time I clean it with a vinegar mix.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-06-2015, 11:46 AM Reply   
Hot Sauce has some vinegar in it, but doesn't strip the wax. Not sure how the wax would fair would 50% vinegar though.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-06-2015, 12:18 PM Reply   
IMO gelcoat doesn't need wax. so vinegar and water will continue to be my hull cleaning routine.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-06-2015, 12:21 PM Reply   
Gel coat doesn't need wax? Why does it oxidize and fade? It needs a protectant just like anything else
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-06-2015, 8:08 PM Reply   
God bless you Adam Holdworth! Yes the smell of vinegar sucks but it works. Nothing new - It was 2003 when Dave Briscoe showed me how douching down the boat keeps off the spots.

Yes. I and my late son, Nick Jarvis, formulated Spotless. It took us 10 years to get rid of the smell of vinegar. Spotless is an advanced technology water spot remover with UV protection wax

Dissolves water spots and protects against UV damage

No odor & leaves bright finish

Safe for daily use on painted surfaces, fiberglass, glass, stainless steel and aluminum.

GROUP OFFER for free trial limited to first 12 here on Wakeworld if you agree to posting your true review here on this post and agree to give the extra bottle to your dealer. Just email me at info@spotlessboat.com with your

Name
shipping address
contact phone#.(FedEx required)
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-06-2015, 9:33 PM Reply   
^Damn, I just bought a bottle this morning.