Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-03-2011, 4:08 PM Reply   
Just curious what type of boat , distances, and how it tows and stops..

any set backs or worrys?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-03-2011, 11:23 PM Reply   
Not sure on the performance but being in the auto glass industry expect to pay $300 - $500 depending on if you get a white top or black top when replacing the windshield. OUCH!
Old     (big_boss)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-05-2011, 10:24 PM Reply   
I tow a 2007 Moomba Outback V with a 2010 4Runner 4x4. Drivetrain and chassis are very similar, if not identical in most respectsnto the FJ. It tows well, although my boat is on the lighter side compared to some.

I only tow about 4 miles to the lake, but that includes a very steep hill. This truck stops exceptionally well with the boat in tow, but I must admit I have nothing to compare it to except for my previous vehicle, a 2005 4Runner V8 4x4. I miss the throttle response and low end power, but the new V6 holds gears on the highway. I make two or 3 trips per year of about 350 miles one-way, and the V6 holds gears very well at 60-70 MPH. I also get over 2 MPG better on the highway than the old 4Runner, averaging about 12-13.

I've seen several boats towed by FJ's at our ramp, and while the boats are usually in the 21-22 ft range they seem to have no problems. The towing rating is the same for the 4Runner and FJ.

Hope this helps!

aaron in austin