Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       01-05-2007, 2:52 PM Reply   
I've been pricing them both and equally equipped the 21V is about $7g more than the LSV. I have to say that the 21V is a great looking boat. Is the difference in quality/bling worth the difference in $$. I haven't been in the new LSV yet to compare the fit & finish. I realize you do get what you pay for.........to a certain extent but

Can we discuss.........
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-05-2007, 4:24 PM Reply   
If money is no object go for the 21V. Both would be great boats i am sure.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-05-2007, 5:13 PM Reply   
Im gonna try to answer this one. Assuming you optioned up the LSV to that of a 21V like adding tandem trailer, perfect pass, hydraulic wakeplate, depthfinder and 3 bag ballast system. You have a Great wakeboard boat. VERY DEPENDABLE. Best Bang for the BUCK. I do not want to get into a boat war here but the LSV can perform as good as other boats that cost 10K more. Quality has come a Long way.

The 7K more on a 10 year note is about $80/mo. Here is what you would get

Wakeboard specific hull gives a little bigger wake but not as frindly to the slalom skier

Deeper & Wider Boat but about same length means more room, alot more, storage and additional passanger seating

Playpen seating up front provides extra seat (I think is the best passanger seat) Also provides much larger room for increased front ballast 400lb vs 650lb stock. Also provides ability to pro weight the stock ballast by upgrading front 650lb bag to 1150lb bag - All hidden

Swing Wakeboad Racks

Smart Plate - Automatically sets wakeplate to best hole shot then adjusts to your preset wakeshape position above 13-17 mph

Lots of bling - Especially the Dashboard is killer this year - Stainless handrails inside and outside.

More padding on the seating.

There might be more but that will get the discussion started.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-05-2007, 5:23 PM Reply   
Definitely consider everything Chris Walker has mentioned above. I would also consider wake shapes. Both are great but the 21V is a bit more steep and the LSV is more rampy.
Old     (smokedog2)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-05-2007, 7:31 PM Reply   
yea, watch out for that steep, go for the rampy.

I have the 2005 LSV, I would like a Supra, my friends have Supras but - my boat does what I want- however the wake is a little too steep but good and rampy.

Some days I slay myself.

SD2
Old     (supraz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-05-2007, 8:31 PM Reply   
I was in the same boat (no pun intended) as you a couple of months ago. I sat in both and liked the fit and finish of the Supra better. I ended up getting the 06 21V over the 07 LSV.
Old     (o2binvallarta)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-05-2007, 9:16 PM Reply   
I, too, was in the same boat and went the opposite direction and ordered an 07 LSV. We went to the dealer specifically to look at Supras, but the Moomba caught my eye.

From what I read and was told by the salesman, some of the fit and finish details where Moomba is different from Supra are double vs. triple stitched upholstery, lower quality lining under the seats, engine cover and storage gullwings, and no play pen seating. Seems there might have been something about the carpet as well, but I don't recall specifically.

Some personal preferences that moved me toward Moomba were the helm seat (I found it more comfortable and appeared higher quality), I personally didn't care for the play pen seating, and I really liked the size/depth of the built in cooler.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't an easy decision. To me, it was comparing the XLT to the Eddie Bauer Edition. I don't think you can go wrong with either.
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       01-06-2007, 10:28 AM Reply   
Thanks for the responses.......and for not turning this into a boat war. I really like everything about the supra except the playpen seating. The bling looks good and isn't over the top. The LSV is scaled down a bit in the interior. I do thing they're both good boats and I wouldn't have any more fun in and behind either. I don't plan on trading every few years and the only thing in the back of my mind is........if the LSV interior is a little "cheaper" (not meaning that in an insulting way) will it hold up for years to come?

Thanks again, and input from some 3-4 year LSV owners would also be appreciated.

Brian
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-06-2007, 10:38 AM Reply   
You could look at it most any ways. If you care for you boat like most on here do it will last. Look at the older boats that have been cared for, some look brand new.

It is 90% the owner that makes or breaks a boats interior.
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       01-06-2007, 10:54 AM Reply   
I agree 100% Big E, but will that 10% of the interior that I can't control let me down. Stitching, hinges, hardware etc.....
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-06-2007, 11:13 AM Reply   
some additional input. Once you learn to use the playpen, most people love it. However, it is not for everyone. I would not worry about the stitching and the vinyl. The stitching is brand new and is the same stuff Supra uses, Gore Tenara thread. The vinyl is the same as Supra has used pre 2005 if not better actually.
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       01-06-2007, 12:31 PM Reply   
Thanks Jon.
I'm heading up to Portland next week for the show. Hopefully I can crawl around one for a while.

B
Old     (mi_moomba)      Join Date: May 2005       01-08-2007, 11:30 AM Reply   
I have an 03 LSV, and have treated the interior as a baby. It still looks close to brand new. The only thing that we have noticed is the padding has been "flattened" out a little bit where people usually sit. The vinyl, seams, and carpet are all still in great shape.
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-08-2007, 12:12 PM Reply   
the 07 lsv now comes stock with stainless cup holders and grab rails and thicker carpet had to upgrade my 06 with the stainless it just looks so much better
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       01-08-2007, 12:40 PM Reply   
thanks fella's
Old     (kdsuprassv)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-08-2007, 6:22 PM Reply   
After looking at an '06 X-1, then an '06 V-Ride....I considered a new '06 LSV loaded with ballast, stereo, racks and tower speakers. Ended up with barely used '06 Supra 20 SSV loaded for only $2K more than the LSV. Nothing wrong with the LSV....I just opted for the Supra and the extras thinking the re-sale might be better down the road. Just my personal opinion....everybody has one.
Old     (scmarketing)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-10-2007, 10:38 AM Reply   
We have added Goretex Tenara thread in both lines to improve sun/stain resistance in both Supra and Moomba lines. Both use quality vinyls, with the Supra upgraded. Different foam in seat cushions. Many Supra owners think they are more comfy ... personal taste I suppose.

Resale for an 5-year old Outback, according to Waterski Magazine, is 85% of original purchase price. You will find that compares favorably to far more expensive products.

Reliability and durability should be similar. Both Supra and Moomba were recipients of NMMA CSI award for customer satisfaction in excess of 90% in 2006 model year.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-10-2007, 2:06 PM Reply   
In case you haven't thought about this with the playpen-its best features are the flip up back rest which allows 3 to fit comfortably next to the driver which allows for great b.s.ing while your cruising or someone is riding. It also allows for more places to place an extra sac in the bow for those steep supra wakes-horizontal or vertical. If you never had an open bow, you will probably find out how rarely people will sit up there, except for kids. Did you consider the Moomba XLV, you could probably get it for the cost of a 21V.
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       01-10-2007, 2:53 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info Michael

schoolrider, I don't want to get into anything over 21 1/2 ft. I would only haul that many people around a few times a year. I opt to be cramped those few times as opposed fueling and waxing that big daddy on a regular basis.