Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-13-2017, 10:48 AM Reply   
I've been looking at adding Bluetooth to the boat using Exile, JL, etc. From my understanding, the Exile, JL, and all the others I've seen use the phone as the head unit. I really like the idea of being wireless but is there a unit out there where you can control the forward and back functions from the head unit or remote, something like how the Sync in my F350 works. It links the phone via Bluetooth but gives you full control from the head unit or the steering wheel controls. Anything like that out there...?
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-13-2017, 5:54 PM Reply   
You are going to need to change the head unit to one with integrated blue tooth. All the universal models connect via an audio only AUX input. No means of transferring data, its audio only.

The Wet Sounds BT-VC and BT-RS do allow pause, trac skip and volume, if you prefer to stow the phone. However, still no control through the head unit as they again only connect using an audio only AUX input.
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-14-2017, 11:11 PM Reply   
Thank you sir, that's what I needed to know.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       05-15-2017, 12:57 PM Reply   
Exile has a Bluetooth Media center that has controls on it for forward and back, and another aux input.

Wetsounds just came out with a bluetooth control center that has the form factor of a carlise switch.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-15-2017, 4:25 PM Reply   
The Wet Sounds BT-RS also an AUX input and turn-on output for amps. Its common .75 x 1.5 rocker body makes it fit seamlessly in may applications beyond boats.

*Controls Volume +/-, Track +/-, Pause & Aux Input
• Mounts into a Standard Carling Switch opening
• 3.5mm Connections for Main Output & Auxiliary Input
• Volume Controls the BT & AUX
Remote Output Turns On/Off an Amplifier
• 0.83” (21.08mm) wide by 1.45” (36.83mm) high