Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-12-2017, 4:38 PM Reply   
I ended up getting tickets to the inauguration, so I'm taking my son to Washington DC for a little piece of history (first orange president...haha)! Has anybody done this before. I'm sure it's going to be a zoo and it will be a miracle if we can even see it with out own eyes, but I'm trying to figure out the best way to spend out two days in DC. Any ideas would be appreciated!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-12-2017, 4:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
I ended up getting tickets to the inauguration, so I'm taking my son to Washington DC for a little piece of history (first orange president...haha)! Has anybody done this before. I'm sure it's going to be a zoo and it will be a miracle if we can even see it with out own eyes, but I'm trying to figure out the best way to spend out two days in DC. Any ideas would be appreciated!
Did you look at flights yet? We're sending our son and the flight that week cost us $1300!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-12-2017, 4:50 PM Reply   
I've already got my flight, rental car and hotel room set. It was surprisingly reasonable to fly into Baltimore. I'm going out of L.A., so I'll have a bit of a drive from San Diego, but we got tix for $400 each roundtrip and that was only about 10 days ago.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-12-2017, 4:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
I've already got my flight, rental car and hotel room set. It was surprisingly reasonable to fly into Baltimore. I'm going out of L.A., so I'll have a bit of a drive from San Diego, but we got tix for $400 each roundtrip and that was only about 10 days ago.
Wow that's good. SeaTac to DC non stop was rough. They jacked em up for this event but it's worth it.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-12-2017, 5:08 PM Reply   
We're making stops both ways, but I can live with that. One's a red-eye too!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-12-2017, 5:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
We're making stops both ways, but I can live with that. One's a red-eye too!
Wouldn't bother me either but he's going alone sooo....
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-12-2017, 7:28 PM Reply   
glad to hear someone I know is going looking forward to hearing how the trip/experience is gonna be. Watching the "Lame Stream Media" I saw NBC said that they were planning on having a split screen showing the Protests side by side with the ceremony. I was saying to my self "why" why do they need or why would they be showing the possible protests
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-12-2017, 10:02 PM Reply   
I would just walk around through everything from the White House to the Lincoln Memorial, through all the Smithsonian museums, etc.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-13-2017, 1:41 AM Reply   
Looks like fake news is going to have to straighten out! Im not all in, maybe 90% at this point, but so far things are looking up with auto makers/jobs. Interest rates going up .5% before he even takes office based on the presumption the economy will be going up as well says something regardless of beliefs. Hope he can pull it off!!
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-13-2017, 7:56 AM Reply   
I would not go near that circus. Some groups are threatening to "paralyze" DC with protests.
Too many crazies out there.

Those of you going, let us know how it goes, and be safe out there.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-13-2017, 9:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyost View Post
I would not go near that circus. Some groups are threatening to "paralyze" DC with protests.
Too many crazies out there.

Those of you going, let us know how it goes, and be safe out there.

We got a few crazies on this forum that will be there protesting
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       01-13-2017, 10:40 AM Reply   
Be prepared for it to be extremely difficult to get around. If you go to DC on a random Tuesday the museums and memorials are very busy. My daughter waited in line 4 hours to see the declaration of independence on a school trip in mid March a couple of years ago to give you an idea.

During this event with this president-elect I would expect it to be a total zoo.

With only two days I would just try to park and walk the mall and the monuments - They are well worth seeing and I have noticed something different each time I have seen them- Good luck.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       01-13-2017, 11:09 AM Reply   
I'm waiting for the impeachment hearings.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-13-2017, 11:27 AM Reply   
^^^^^ "Did someone call a WhamBulance"? Quick Eric has ran out of Play dough & Therapy Puppy's in his Safe Space!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-16-2017, 10:25 PM Reply   
Ok I have to admit. I find it funny the Dems trying to make a Media Event that they will NOT attend. Like we glove a "F" stay home. We don't give a crap! For every dem thatbsays they will stay home they should offer up their seat to someone in need
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-17-2017, 11:22 AM Reply   
typical dems.....we don't get what we want, so we are going to take the ball and go home.....

if we don't get our way, no one can play

arg

I hope Al Sharpton is the first one that Trump puts in jail.....
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-17-2017, 11:26 AM Reply   
I was thinking about skipping work to go "protest" since some groups are offering 2000 a head to go down and make a ruckus
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-17-2017, 1:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverRider View Post
I'm waiting for the impeachment hearings.
Obama's gone in a few days, I agree with you 100%. But ya can't impeach once he's out! LOL
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-17-2017, 2:24 PM Reply   
two days is almost no time.

national archives is kinda lame (or its my guess that that's what a kid would think). capitol is cool but given the festivities probably no chance of getting a tour. The smithsonian museums are awesome. I have heard good things about the international spy museum. Did ford's theater once, it was not super exciting. Lincoln memorial for sure (it's sorta like the Rocky Steps of DC, ya know).

Have a great trip and be sure to post back up here about your experience!
Old     (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       01-17-2017, 4:49 PM Reply   
Well if it's anything like the last time Democrats decided to not go to the inauguration en masse we can only hope for the same outcome (hint hint) "I am not a crook"
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-20-2017, 10:49 AM Reply   
Guess the crowds weren't as bad as Trumpkin claimed they would be. Hope ya'll stayed safe today.
Attached Images

Old     (bcd)      Join Date: Jun 2012       01-20-2017, 12:05 PM Reply   
Where are all of the protestors in that picture on the left?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-20-2017, 5:41 PM Reply   
At starbucks
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-20-2017, 7:41 PM Reply   
Can't wait to hear Trump proclaim that this was the largest presidential inauguration in US history.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-20-2017, 10:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Guess the crowds weren't as bad as Trumpkin claimed they would be. Hope ya'll stayed safe today.
Good observation. Way more Trump supporters have jobs and need to work so they can pay,taxes. Your brilliant display of Obama supporters with free time exaggerated the zero responsibility or accountability demonstrated by the out going administration. Great examples!, well done.

Last edited by Cabledog; 01-20-2017 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Sp
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-20-2017, 11:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledog View Post
Good observation. Way more Trump supporters have jobs and need to work so they can pay,taxes. Your brilliant display of Obama supporters with free time exaggerated the zero responsibility or accountability demonstrated by the out going administration. Great examples!, well done.
BOOM!!! No kidding!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-20-2017, 11:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
That's must've been where the line started for Obama phones and other handouts for doing nothing, but voting democrat.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-21-2017, 5:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
So "Trump supporters" cannot take a day off for such a monumental occasion? Do they all work in enslavement camps?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-21-2017, 5:43 AM Reply   
Going back 8 years ago to when Obama was inaugurated. Do any of you remember the Mems that showed the left behind trash the Obama crowd left behind. The mem went somthing along the lines of "Obama gives speech about pitching in and personal responsibility and this is how people respond" lol
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-21-2017, 5:51 AM Reply   
LOL trash left behind 100 tons
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...012103900.html
Attached Images

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-21-2017, 6:36 AM Reply   
Great picture Grant. Some people care about others and respect them. That is obvious in the pictures. While other people only think of themselves and don't care about others property or how they impact others. I think the second picture shows that.
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-21-2017, 2:47 PM Reply   
C'mon, it's just a fact that the # of Trump supporters is lower than Obama's. Everyone knows about Trump's low approval ratings. It's no secret. Most Americans just don't think much of the clown. Hopefully he'll turn that around, but I doubt it.
Attached Images

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-21-2017, 9:01 PM Reply   
Lol the first press conference with President Pussygrabber's press guy was a whiny bitchfest about how people refuse to lie about how big his crowds were. The amount of flat out lying was impressive, even in the age of Trump. Almost felt sorry for the guy - you could tell his boss was forcing him to say some pretty ridiculous things. So much for him pivoting to be more presidential. Sad.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-22-2017, 3:27 AM Reply   
What makes the inauguration all that much sweeter is the bitterness of the left. Much like children who can't have their way, they can't stop whining and complaining.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-22-2017, 10:41 AM Reply   
You realize that the administration are the ones whining and complaining, right? Now they're trying to say that the lying yesterday was actually just "alternative facts" LOL. Ever read 1984?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/22/politi...cts/index.html
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-22-2017, 10:52 AM Reply   
I guess this administration were the ones wearing Bernie shirts and crying. Also this administration was dressed in masks and hoodies and we're rioting and looting as well as burning vehicles.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-22-2017, 11:09 AM Reply   
Yes, and the Obama administration were the ones hanging Obama dolls from nooses and burning them. Alternative facts are fun!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-22-2017, 11:31 AM Reply   
Alternative facts! Fake news! Dishonest media! I think this is really going to be a fun 4 years (Or less)

How long until America is great again?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-22-2017, 11:34 AM Reply   
Never been perfect, but America has always been pretty great. Based on the turnout yesterday it looks like there will be fairly strong resistance against the orange cheetoh and his cronies changing that fact.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-22-2017, 11:55 AM Reply   
Even conservative website RedState is calling out this ridiculous lie-packed press conference:
http://www.redstate.com/patterico/20...ed-falsehoods/
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-22-2017, 12:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Never been perfect, but America has always been pretty great.
WRONG. Fake news, America is currently terrible. The Don will make it great again. Wait, pesos? Are you mexican? Your on the wrong side of the wall/fence. SAD.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-22-2017, 1:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
WRONG. Fake news, America is currently terrible. The Don will make it great again. Wait, pesos? Are you mexican? Your on the wrong side of the wall/fence. SAD.
NZ doesn't even amount to a pimple on California's ass and that's just one of our 50 states. Why are you even on this thread so much when it's the middle of your summer??? Shut up and ride!
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-22-2017, 1:20 PM Reply   
More examples of Christian behavior from our resident expert!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-22-2017, 1:30 PM Reply   
Play doh dry up on you again? Gimme your address and I'll send a few cases to you.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-22-2017, 1:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
More examples of Christian behavior from our resident expert!
Yeah, patriotic sentiment is so outdated, right? I guess I should be more part of the world huh? We should all think of ourselves as world citizens right? No borders right?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-22-2017, 1:47 PM Reply   
Play doh jokes! Right out of Jesus' handbook. But really, that Jesus guy was such a whiny crybaby protester anyway. Such a loser - community organizer? Should have gotten a real job. Sad.

For the record, Markj the self professed Christian is totally fine with his boy and staff lying through their teeth.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-22-2017, 2:01 PM Reply   
^^^I feel sorry for you.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-22-2017, 2:07 PM Reply   
I feel sorry for those around you.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-22-2017, 2:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Why are you even on this thread so much when it's the middle of your summer???
For fun! I'm on summer holidays, so got plenty of spare time to drop an international perspective. Your welcome. Tremendous.

Quote:
Shut up and ride!
I don't wakeboarding much now but been cracking good k's on the bike. I'm skinny as.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-22-2017, 2:09 PM Reply   
Don't feel like you have to defend yourself to the xenophobic "Christian" - your perspective is appreciated (as is his)
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-22-2017, 2:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah, patriotic sentiment is so outdated, right? I guess I should be more part of the world huh? We should all think of ourselves as world citizens right? No borders right?
Patriotism is the new sexism/racism, Destin for scrap heap of other bigoted ideas. I'm not supprised this concept flys right over your head. Don't worry delta will be here soon to write a coherent reply for you.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-22-2017, 3:03 PM Reply   
You guys are both cracking me up!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-22-2017, 3:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
For fun! I'm on summer holidays, so got plenty of spare time to drop an international perspective. Your welcome. Tremendous.
So your "summer holidays" last 6 months???

I don't wakeboarding much now but been cracking good k's on the bike. I'm skinny as.
I used to mountain bike. It became like watching paint dry after awhile. Too hard to drink beer on a bike too.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-22-2017, 3:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
I used to mountain bike. It became like watching paint dry after awhile. Too hard to drink beer on a bike too.
You weren't doing it right.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-22-2017, 4:49 PM Reply   
Ha! You might be right. If I have enough time, I'd just rather spend it on the water.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-22-2017, 5:10 PM Reply   
Wes I agree with your , I'm pretty disappointed in Trumps press agent guy. That guy is a total tool. Why even address the crowd issue. Who the F cares.
I thought the inauguration was great. It makes no difference to
Me how many people showed up. I watched channel 5 CBS and they just covered the event. No side bars or protested coverage and no real comentry or opinions. Just the facts. As soon as it was over I turnd it off and went to work. I didn't want to listen to all the political "experts" telling me what I just saw.

Its to bad people are so upset. Yes it would be cool if we could just all get along and agree to disagree. But I just can't understand what these protestors think they are going to achieve. I thought it was cool that the Women's get together was huge and it was all over the place and there was zero arrests here in SF and it looked very peaceful way to go lady's.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-22-2017, 5:18 PM Reply   
I was cracking up, The coverage was trying to pass time waiting for Michell Obama to come out with Ms Trump. The 2 of them were standing side by side when they emerged And all the press could talk about is how great Michell looked. I was like WTF are they talking about Michell looked like she was in a coat from discount "Burlington Coat Factory" and Ms Trump looked Amazing. She looked very Jacky O". Not like it matters but Michell should never stand next to Ms Trump. Michelle is not bad looking but when she stands next to Ms Trump , She is definitely no beauty queen. LOL I have no guilt at all because I know if the shoe was on the other foot the Right would be Name calling the crap out of Ms Trump
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-22-2017, 5:20 PM Reply   
Grant, we agree about a fair amount. Although you have to admit that Spicer is simply doing exactly what his boss told him to do. He didn't even look very comfortable doing it. So your disappointment in this case is not so much with Spicer as it is with Trump. Beyond even bringing up the topic, how do you feel about the fact they flat out lied about every stat that came out of his mouth?

I didn't catch any coverage at all - the hoopla was all done by the time I woke up - best part of a lagged time zone.

I hear you about getting along and agreeing to disagree, but that's easy to say when you are not one of the classes already being attacked based on programs being dismantled and rights being threatened.

Like you I was impressed with what I heard about the turnout yesterday and the lack of arrests (I think the total was 4, always going to be some anarchist tools in the mix sadly) out of over 3 million folks. I worked through the local festivities but could hear a lot of it go by.

I'd like to think Trump will mix it up a bit and be the Maverick McCain never got to be, but I'm not holding my breath. TBH I figure the repubs will tolerate him for a while and as soon as they see their opportunity they'll boot him and install their man Pence.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-22-2017, 5:27 PM Reply   
The Gift
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-22-2017, 5:27 PM Reply   
The reaction
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-22-2017, 5:34 PM Reply   
Here is the "Discount looking" coat I was laughing at. LOL and a Example of the Right being a bunch of jack a$$. They were ripping Kelly Conway on her Red White Blue outfit.
Attached Images

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-22-2017, 5:49 PM Reply   
The Conway outfit memes were pretty hilarious, gotta admit. The most interesting part of the greeting/gift exchange was how classless the Don is to his lady.

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-22-2017, 6:00 PM Reply   
Yes that's no Good. The Don should have waited for his lady. He is very aquard at times, It's going to be interesting to see how The Don changes, I say changes because he seems to pay attention to social media and things like that video you posted. It would not surpriseme in the least if he has seen it and has a reply. I'm wondering if and when he see things like that "IF"it will change his Mode of Operation. That IMO is a classless move on his part. Good thing it's a easy fix.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-22-2017, 7:06 PM Reply   
I'm curious Grant - what makes you think that a dude in his 70s is going to change his ways? If he hasn't learned by now...
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-22-2017, 7:47 PM Reply   
I agree!
Attached Images

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-22-2017, 7:55 PM Reply   
That picture still has the best memes of all time
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-23-2017, 9:13 AM Reply   
Wes that is a good one:But the one I was looking for was when bill come's in and says "I'm here for the Interns" pretty funny.
Attached Images

Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       01-23-2017, 10:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
I'm curious Grant - what makes you think that a dude in his 70s is going to change his ways? If he hasn't learned by now...
Can't say I blame him...
Attached Images

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-23-2017, 10:49 AM Reply   
Pretty funny photoshop. Looks like Obama's got some jungle fever! Easy there, sport!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-23-2017, 10:58 AM Reply   
Speaking of the inauguration did you guys see this video. This dried up old hag harasses a fellow who had just attended the inauguration and was kicked off her flight.

https://youtu.be/uOqSKXRnTlk

Shut your pie hole. Especially on public transportation. No one gives a "F" about your opinion or views on public transportation it's uncomfortable enough traveling with strangers and TSA and long lines who needs this crap. I'm glad she got the boot
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-23-2017, 12:07 PM Reply   
that was amazing
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-23-2017, 12:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Pretty funny photoshop. Looks like Obama's got some jungle fever! Easy there, sport!
and then Markj gets outraged when people say that maybe hes a bit of a racist...
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-23-2017, 1:36 PM Reply   
^^^Since when has the term "jungle fever" been racist? It ain't in my book. Did your Play Doh dry up too? Send me your address and I'll send some to you as well.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-23-2017, 1:39 PM Reply   
I'm not one to pass along this kind of stuff, but this one got a real laugh out of me.

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-23-2017, 2:18 PM Reply   
wow shawndoggy......really!?

I laughed out loud too
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-24-2017, 8:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
^^^Since when has the term "jungle fever" been racist? It ain't in my book.
I'm sure there are alot of terms that aren't racist in "your book".
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-24-2017, 12:19 PM Reply   
It's not a racist term, re-re. It was a term made popular by Spike Lee that describes cross race attraction. Are you really that stupid?
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-24-2017, 7:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
It's not a racist term, re-re. It was a term made popular by Spike Lee that describes cross race attraction. Are you really that stupid?
OK, quick poll: who thinks that pointing out Jungle fever in this situation is a bit racist? You're going out of your way to put a label on inter-racial attraction as a joke.

Everyone but me and markj: what do you think?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-24-2017, 7:24 PM Reply   
Not racist IMO
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-24-2017, 7:28 PM Reply   
Yes it's racist, but I honestly think Mark doesn't understand and it was not his intention. He seems to be pretty ignorant of the genesis and history of the term.