Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-22-2016, 9:27 AM Reply   
how do the Camber boards hold up and ride at the Cable Parks? Does the ramps and sliders at the cable destroy these air cores?

were they really meant for the park? what the difference to an actual more flex friendly cable board vs say the 2016 SB air core 2 board I bought? I'm not loving it yet behind the boat but how do they perform and hold up at the park?
Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       10-22-2016, 12:31 PM Reply   
Brandon Judd did a little review on it couple years ago.

http://www.wakeboardingmag.com/blog/...n-atr-by-ronix
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-22-2016, 12:37 PM Reply   
good info but I am slo wondering if its worth destroying this 2016 Space bLanket on kickers and rails, not really the type of core to hold up like my Bill etc I am not totally digging its inconsistency behind the boat so I can sell it or bring it to the park..

hmm
Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       10-22-2016, 1:59 PM Reply   
If you could get some good $ for it then I'd sell it and pick up something I could abuse at the park with some flex. Just my opinion.
Old     (csherbo)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-25-2016, 12:52 PM Reply   
I rode my Parks camber at the cable twice before I was able to get a second board for the cable. The stiffness and rocker work against you on the kickers, and it only slides okay. I wouldn't recommend it. The base gets torn up pretty fast, and it just isn't as fun to ride as a proper park board.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-26-2016, 6:33 AM Reply   
its for sale in the classifieds LOL if I don't sell I guess ill TRY more in the spring to figure this camber pop out..
Old     (DrewLongshore)      Join Date: Oct 2016       11-05-2016, 5:44 PM Reply   
I've been riding a 2016 Spaceblanket AirCore this whole past season at the cable so let me give you my honest opinion. I was hesitant about camber until Erik Ruck let me try his board one day at the cable...

Kickers are amazing on this board. The camber keeps your weight even the whole way up so I never find myself charging up a kicker back foot heavy and coming off all goofy. I honestly get more air off kickers than I have any other board and the landing are awesome!!

Riding any type of rail it easy between all the surface area and the giant flat spot from the camber you basically feel locked on, it's almost too easy!!

Now for what I didn't like...

Nose/tail presses. The tip and tail of the board curve up a lot so it makes rocking ito a press kinda hard in my opinion. Also is when I want to tip or tail slide a rail I always found myself slipping off easy once again because of how much the tips angle up it was hard to get locked on and stay on.

Would I make it my all day every day cable board? Probably not but if you want something you can use on boat and cable then it's definitely worth it.

What I did notice was the board in 2016 was marketed as boat and cable, this year all they changed was the graphics but Ronix lists it as just a boat board.

Last edited by DrewLongshore; 11-05-2016 at 5:47 PM. Reason: Spelling correction