Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Dustinsnipes23)      Join Date: Aug 2015       03-08-2016, 7:57 AM Reply   
I have a 2006 5.7 PCM engine. The fuel pump is not running and the ecm is not grounding the relay. I have checked absolutely everything and the problem is in the ecm and all connections are good. I know these things suppose to be bullet proof but I have eliminated every other possibility. Anyone know where I can find a used one or get a rebuilt one?
Old     (blackcreek22)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-08-2016, 12:37 PM Reply   
Mine went bad a few years ago, i used a place in California called ODB Diagnostics, they had the engine 'tunes' for the Supra's. the address i have for them is:
2121 Ruhland Ave.
Rendondo Beach, CA 90278

Saved a bunch of money using them versus a boat parts place or Indmar...

Hope this helps!
Old     (blackcreek22)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-08-2016, 12:40 PM Reply   
forgot to mention, that they had me send the unit to them to see if they could fix it/re-burn it, mine was toast, so it had to be replaced...you can wire a ground from the battery into the harness or just stick a ground to the fuel pump with the ignition turned on and the pump should fire right up, but it sounds like you may have done that already...
Old     (miljack)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-08-2016, 2:41 PM Reply   
Be careful on the Pleasure Craft ECM's, they are "locked" and it's difficult to reprogram them. You can "wipe" the program and try to load a different one, but you need to understand what the outputs will do on an EFI engine.

I had the OBD guys try on a '99 PCM ECM/egnine in a Nautique, their program/tune wouldn't energize the fuel pumps, so the engine couldn't run on their setup. I ended up finding someone at PCM that agreed to reprogram the ECM with the stock tune.
I didn't have an ECM failure, I was trying to optimize the tune on an engine that in my opinion needed a "leaner" tune to run better (502 Python beast).
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-08-2016, 8:43 PM Reply   
I thought I had a bad ECM. On my PCM GT-40 The motor would get hot and shot the fuel pump off among other things.
I tryed everything. Turns out there was a Inline shunt that was bad. I had to un wrap the entire wire harness at the rear and wiggle every wire until the motor would shut off or skip a beat. I found the wire that would shut the motor off and I simply replaced that wire and my troubles were no more.
Try checking out your wires before your go down the ECM route
Old     (ChaseR720)      Join Date: Jul 2015       03-09-2016, 10:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
I thought I had a bad ECM. On my PCM GT-40 The motor would get hot and shot the fuel pump off among other things.
I tryed everything. Turns out there was a Inline shunt that was bad. I had to un wrap the entire wire harness at the rear and wiggle every wire until the motor would shut off or skip a beat. I found the wire that would shut the motor off and I simply replaced that wire and my troubles were no more.
Try checking out your wires before your go down the ECM route
I had a similar issue on my Indmar Assault. The cannon plug wasn't tight and when it would wiggle loose, the fuel pump would lose power.