Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-01-2013, 2:35 AM Reply   
Paul Walker of Fast and Furious fame was in a car accident and died yesterday.It's so sad he was only 40 years old. Looks like he was speeding. There are pictures all over Facebook.
Old     (wanttofly)      Join Date: Aug 2013       12-01-2013, 6:12 AM Reply   
Was doing demo rides for charity, report I read said that it was unclear who was driving.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old     (WheelerWake)      Join Date: Mar 2013       12-01-2013, 6:12 AM Reply   
It's sad

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...-in-car-crash/
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-01-2013, 11:07 AM Reply   
how fast where they going!? That car is wrecked.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-01-2013, 4:35 PM Reply   
He was a passenger. Terrible actor, but sad that he died. Sounded like a good guy. I had a friend who trained jujitsu in Santa Barbara with him.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-02-2013, 6:31 AM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=0alBkT9RCgw
Old    bigdtx            12-02-2013, 6:42 AM Reply   
I'm sure Paul Walker was a good guy, but those F&F movies have contributed to so many deaths since the first one came out way back in 2000 or whenever. Kids are idiots (voice of experience) and we had an explosion of street racing wrecks and deaths around here after that movie came out and it still continues, although not nearly as much as it once was. It's ironic (and sad) that one of the main stars of the franchise would die in a high speed auto accident on a public street. Thankfully no other vehicles were involved.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-02-2013, 7:30 AM Reply   
Its hard to believe that car would look like that after just hitting a light pole and small tree. The Carrera GT is a race car for the street. Full carbon chassis. I would assume it had to be one of the safest cars on the road....guess not. They must have been over 100 mph. So sad to hear as every report I read mentions how great of a guy he was.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-02-2013, 12:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdtx View Post
I'm sure Paul Walker was a good guy, but those F&F movies have contributed to so many deaths since the first one came out way back in 2000 or whenever. Kids are idiots (voice of experience) and we had an explosion of street racing wrecks and deaths around here after that movie came out and it still continues, although not nearly as much as it once was. It's ironic (and sad) that one of the main stars of the franchise would die in a high speed auto accident on a public street. Thankfully no other vehicles were involved.
He was quoted many times in various forums and ways saying he knew he would die at high speed - how he lived his life. He loved that seen and said if he died in a high speed wreck, not to be sad cause he died smiling..

Real talk..

I don't disagree -- but don't pin street racing deaths on an actor in a movie.. He did more for the world through charitable giving that most.. Bad deal for everyone.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       12-04-2013, 9:19 AM Reply   
Iv'e been told and have read the carerra GT2 is scary as hell to drive at high speed. you can supposedly spin tires at 65 with just a throttle blip. 0-60 is fast, but supposedly 60-120 is insane. it's a racecar....and only passed minial federal regs for street use...as such road conditions play a part in driving it. I've also heard the traction control/electroinc stability' is barely even noticeable.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-04-2013, 10:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by acurtis_ttu View Post
Iv'e been told and have read the carerra GT2 is scary as hell to drive at high speed. you can supposedly spin tires at 65 with just a throttle blip. 0-60 is fast, but supposedly 60-120 is insane. it's a racecar....and only passed minial federal regs for street use...as such road conditions play a part in driving it. I've also heard the traction control/electroinc stability' is barely even noticeable.
I don't even think it has traction control. I think they removed from the GT2.

The guy driving owned a sports car shop and was a drove race cars professionally. Proves to you how easy it is to get squirrelly.

Kinda eery that Ryan Dunn from Jackass died in a *very* similar accident (albeit alcohol involved) with a modified high powered Porsche hitting a pole/tree and burning to the ground.

Sad deal for all involved.
Old     (quik876)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-04-2013, 12:04 PM Reply   
From what I've read they were having problems with the car since it had showed up at the Always Evolving shop and they were doing some work on it, there was also an article put out by someone else saying that the car is tricky enough to drive as it is. Roger Rodas (the driver) and Walker took it out to suss out some of the problems the car was experiencing before Walker was due back to continue filming on set Monday in Atlanta. According to the police report there was a (possible) steering fluid leak that had something to do with the cause of the car to get out of control, but there's been reports of someone doing doughnuts or figure eights near the crash site (though it's only speculation since they're not saying for certain WHO did it. There's LOT of disinfo about the incident being put out there so it's difficult to tell what's the real deal on what happened vs the false reporting, one report said Walker's daughter Meadow was there but his FB management confirmed that she wasn't there). They were checking the car out after the fundraiser from Walker's Reach Out World Wide organization had finished, Big time loss man and that REALLY sucks since he was a guy who didn't get caught up in the usual Hollywood stigmas and was a very genuine type of guy. I'll miss catchin' his movies for sure. Race In Peace Paul.