Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       04-16-2011, 10:02 PM Reply   
So today I fake a laked my boat. All was good, but the oil pressure was zero. The gauge pod which includes gas, voltage, engine temp, and oil pressure. It seems that the gauge is actually bad. I could not short out the oil pressure sender (signal to ground) and get the oil pressure gauge to go to full. It just stayed on zero. Then I tested the pressure sender. I had 12 volts on the signal wire, and 2.2 volts with the key on. Then once the engine was running the voltage would change with the RPM's, therefore I believe the sender is working and the gauge has failed. I hope you all agree. I will take the boat out tomorrow and enjoy. Then Monday I will order a new pod gauge from whoever and also a new oil pressure sender.

Your thoughts?
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-17-2011, 1:48 AM Reply   
You can get the gauge pod from Topside Marine in San Jose.
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       04-19-2011, 9:49 AM Reply   
By the way took the boat out Sunday, the oil pressure gauge/sender all worked the whole time. Which is good. I called Topside Marine and discussed my issue with them. They told me it goes like this, oil sender to the computer to the gauge. So it could be any one of those components. The sender I proved worked, the computer and gauge being intermittent is much harder for me to figure out. Computer is $300 and the guage is $150. I am just going to add a manuel guage to the block so if I have the problem again I can just read the oil pressure off the block.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-19-2011, 4:14 PM Reply   
Sounds like a good idea Dave. If the computer reads the oil pressure it should have a shut down if it drops to zero. As a result, it is likely the gauge or the wire running from the computer to the gauge.
Old     (burke)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-19-2011, 4:22 PM Reply   
My buddies '08 Sanger v210 had the exact same problem. There would be days where the oil pressure gauge just didn't work.
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       04-19-2011, 6:36 PM Reply   
Thats a really good point Art, I bet what you just said is true. Its the gauge and not the computer, other wise I would get limp mode?