Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       06-29-2010, 6:00 PM Reply   
preferably walkable/public transportable from gaslamp area

thanks!
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-29-2010, 6:12 PM Reply   
Stay away from that bbq place by the train tracks. Kansas city bbq, its where they shot Top Gun. Expensive and not that great. The Strip Club is pretty good, its a steak house haha i dont think its cheap tho.

If your on coronado island at all, theres a pretty good mex place near the park (best directions i can give haha) and yogurt place thats alright up the street from it.

Last edited by ilikebeaverandboats; 06-29-2010 at 6:15 PM.
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-29-2010, 6:39 PM Reply   
The Oceanaire is a fantastic seafood restaurant. The last time I went with a couple others, all the entrees and appetizers were really really good. It's become one of my favorite San Diego restaurants.

Strip Club can be fun if you like cooking you're own meat.

There's a bunch of good places down there.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-29-2010, 6:49 PM Reply   
cafe 222 has great breakfast. the wait could be a while, but it is well worth it IMO. pizzeria Luigi has good NY style pizza by the slice. that is more of a cab ride distance from gaslamp. I love that whole area. should be back down in august for our annual trip.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       06-29-2010, 6:55 PM Reply   
cool thanks guys... i am running on 3 hrs sleep so I may just grab some pizza
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-29-2010, 6:56 PM Reply   
Richard walkers for breakfast. Its killer. Long wait most of the time, but well worth it. Its right by the convention center.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       06-29-2010, 11:17 PM Reply   
The Harbor House in Seaport Village... Really good seafood.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       06-29-2010, 11:27 PM Reply   
Hane Sushi wasa right around the corner from my client so ended up there - not bad at all
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-30-2010, 7:29 AM Reply   
If you do make it to Coronado Island, check out Peoh's. It's on the water and their food kicks arse.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-30-2010, 8:02 AM Reply   
I will also say Oceanaire, one my favorites in SD.
Old     (dukenukem)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-30-2010, 8:35 AM Reply   
Lolitas by Petco park, or Sushi Deli north next to the NBC building. Definitely hit the Strip Club though if you're in the Gaslamp!
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-30-2010, 12:44 PM Reply   
Skip the Strip Club, you cook your own (not that exciting an experience assuming you've BBQ'd before) and it's as expensive as if you were getting served. We thought the rest of the food was average.

2nd Cafe 222 for breakfast - awesome. If you like Mexican & seafood, try Candela's on 4th. The Chilean sea bass is to die for. Make sure to also check out the desert menu. Groovy atmosphere too. If you want to visit a Dublin pub without flying there, a Guinness at The Field on 5th is a favorite. For authentic Spanish tapas and sangria try Cafe Sevilla on 4th. First class seafood with good martini's, try the Blue Point on 5th. For a steakhouse, my favorite is LG's on 6th - make sure to have the caesar salad made table-side. Those are some of my favorites! (this is making me hungry)
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-30-2010, 12:58 PM Reply   
If you make it to Coronado and want cheaper but very good Mexican food, try Miguel's. It's in the middle courtyard of a hotel across the street from the Hotel Del and has great ambiance.

...still hungry. Time for lunch.