Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-26-2017, 12:56 PM Reply   
In my 20+ years of boating I've never fortunately had to deal with mold . I've always stored my boat indoors and on the occasion when they've gotten wet I dried them out really well and mold has never showed its ugly head. However I brought my pontoon boat in for some service and the dealer had no room indoors. The boat ended up staying longer than anticipated and we've been having huge amounts of rain here in California. And my boat had become saturated. ( even with the cover on and the poles up) the center toon mush have had 15 gallons of water in it as well as the Bildge. With all this water In the boat think a Greenhouse/ wet damp environment was in created and then when the sun came out now All of my interior has a slight haze of (black) mold as well as some large patches in spots. It wipes of or go's away with a good wipe light scrub. I did a "quick wipe down" of the entire interior ( that takes 2 hrs if you call that quick ) but it still needs more. I covered the boat back up, and put 2 large fans inside and set them to Hi to move some air throughout the interior. I was planning on attacking this weekend the sun is supposed to be out all week and I can expose the interior to the sun and get after it.

Does anyone have any suggestions as far as a product or technique that I should use to kill mold. I am a complete rookie in this department. I have heard rumors of a steamer that works for killing hidden mold spores.

Please don't recommend me bringing it back to the dealer and having them fix it because that is not an option, these guys are obviously knuckleheads and once again, A dealer has proven my point that when you bring your boat in for service to get one thing fixed you pick it up having to only fix more things that the dealer caused,