Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 10, 2003

Old    pablorodrigass            01-17-2003, 2:59 PM Reply   
Hey! I am a serious wakeboarder, as most of you are also, I'm sure. The only thing is, I need a boat. Riding with your best friend who has a 2002 Tige V2100 Rider's Edition is a very nice thing, until he gets a job and isn't out as much. Some how a Sea-Doo just isn't the same to wakeboard behind. Anyways, I got my money together, and now I am buying my own boat. The problem is, there are so many to choose from. I am looking in the price rang from anything up to $28,000, the lower the better. I have my eye on a Moomba Mobius from around the 99-00 year rang. If anyone has any suggestions on boats, PLACES TO LOOK ON THE INTERNET, or better yet, if anyone has a boat, please let me know. Just wanting some help from fellow boarders. If you can, email me at PabloRodrigass@hotmail.com or Igotmyrollon@hotmail.com. Thanks a whole bunch and happy waking.
Matt
Old    kmc            01-17-2003, 3:21 PM Reply   
Matt, first place to check would be the classified ads on this board.
Old    dropzero            01-17-2003, 3:33 PM Reply   
Matt, look on www.Flipsell.com
It is run by www.wakeboardboats.com
Also check www.boattrader.com

Hope this helps.
Old    danno            01-17-2003, 3:43 PM Reply   
I don't suppose your buddy needs somebody to 'maintain' his boat, does he? kidding.
At age 17 I couldn't have afforded anything close to a $28,000 boat.
I suggest you look for a job as a wakeboard instructor. Unlimited boat usage, AND gas money!
Good Luck with whatever you decide.
Old    boozcruz33            01-17-2003, 3:53 PM Reply   
Matt,

I sent you an email. I am selling my 2002 Mobius that is fully loaded for $28,500. I can come down a little in price if you can buy in the near future. I can work out great financing, shipping, etc. Take a look at the post in the wakeworld classifieds. Shoot me an email at scruz@alum.mit.edu
Old    david_fletcher            01-17-2003, 4:10 PM Reply   
I am trading my 2000 Calabria in on a new boat. Dealer is giving me 14,500. If I can get more than that in the next 1-2 weeks I will sell it to ya.
Good Luck
Old    matt_dettman            01-17-2003, 5:19 PM Reply   
Try www.usedboats.com

Matt
Old    bigd            01-18-2003, 3:39 AM Reply   
Those Moombas sit so low in the water it looks like they're gonna swamp when you get about 4 peeps in 'em.
Old    allterr1            01-18-2003, 3:49 AM Reply   
Not mine.It sits nice and high. I usually put about 2200 lbs of water, and about 5-6 people and never have come even close to swamping. BTW....mine's for sale too at around 24K
Old     (badzuki)      Join Date: Sep 2001       01-18-2003, 4:11 PM Reply   
I will sell my 99 X-star for $28K You wouldn't be dissappointed. Pic in my profile
Old    masterpainter            01-18-2003, 4:22 PM Reply   
In one of the boat mags there are ads from Moomba for Outbacks at 23,995 brand new. Never rode in one but I have friends who think highly of them. Stop by a dealer and see for yourself. 4 years newer and 4Gs less money = more money for options and most likely better financing.

Also Ski Supreme has reasonable priced boats new. Dealer in my area has them with towers and ballast for mid 20's and the reviews are good. I think your resale will be better down the road if you started with a new boat. Remember waterskiers buy used boats just as often or more so, than wakeboarders. Both of these boats would probably sell better than a 99 when you are ready to upgrade in a few years.
Old    mobiusv            01-18-2003, 5:59 PM Reply   
ever since 2000 the mobius have been alot better and sit higher out of the water. Allt's boat sound good.
Old    allterr1            01-20-2003, 1:27 PM Reply   
I love mine.It's a great boat. But when I was up at dealer last week I saw a red on black SSV GG Edition up there that is sa-weet.....Can only get it if I sell mine. If not, no big deal.
Old     (mattbob)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-20-2003, 1:37 PM Reply   
I currently have a moomba and I can agree with bigd, they sink. With more than two people in the bow you have to be careful with the rollers. Other than that it is a great boat with an even better price tag. When buying make sure you get the options you want because these boats don't come standard with everything other boats have (carpet, fuel injection, padded engine cover).
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-21-2003, 8:13 PM Reply   
I would go out on a limb with the supreme vprosky
I think that boat is so nice and when i inquired about what people thought of them on this message board. One guy wrote me back sayiing his friend was selling a totally pimped out one that he had used for his wakeboard school, it supposedly had a $15,000 stereo system in it as well. And he was selling it for 28,000