Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (drilldaddy78)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-18-2009, 10:57 AM Reply   
Has anyone heard Naci will be closed at the end of July due to the warter level? I was planning a trip mid August and would love to know if this is for real
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-18-2009, 11:20 AM Reply   
Where did you hear that? The lake is still at 30% which is low but not too bad. A few years back it was at 18% (basically a river) and folks were still out there using it. If you are concerned, go to San Antonio and leave Naci to my crew.

You will start to see ramps not getting into the water, usually the main marina is the last one in the drink.
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-18-2009, 12:28 PM Reply   
As far as I know there is no way they could close the lake! I have a private launch ramp, how would they control me from launching on my private property?

I'm sure its just a rumor, but the lake is low, is it to low to use? NO

Have I been using our place down there? No, because I'd rather be somewhere that has more water so I'm not playing bumper cars with other boats!

While the main launch ramp at the marina may be the longest we have our ways! lol We have two launch ramps a high one and a low one and when the water gets down to a trickle we have portable airplane landing strips we use to make a temporary portable launch ramp! Can't keep us off the water! lol
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-18-2009, 1:57 PM Reply   
I have heard this rumor to. Not sure if it is or not, but I will keep it alive to keep people away!!!
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-18-2009, 9:19 PM Reply   
Yea its true, Monterey Water is closing Naci to Public use. As of July if you dont have a sticker for a "on the lake neighborhood" they will write you a ticket for $10,000.
Thats a lot of zero's
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-18-2009, 10:51 PM Reply   
I haven't found any info about this anywhere? Where did you see this? i've been reading minutes from the mcwra and haven't seen anything and our clubs scuttlebutt hasn't mentioned it either?

I might actually go down to naci if it's true! imagine no public yahoo's just us local yahoo's! Sounds like fun!

P.S. I've got my club sticker, had to go out and check to make sure it was still on the boat? Any takers? i'll start the bidding at $5 lol

sticker

The sticker is so fancy! Just a number? Brent do your stickers from Oak Shores look like this? I wonder if this is a lake wide sticker or just what our club decided to use?
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-18-2009, 10:57 PM Reply   
I can't believe I just read 110 pages of minutes and found nothing in the may minutes. On to june minutes now! If i don't see anything in this one I'm calling B.S.

Though I do like the idea of scaring people away from our home lake! lol
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-18-2009, 11:05 PM Reply   
I read thru all the minutes and din't find anything! I'm calling B.S.

Why didn't you guys just tell them about the alligators, and dragons and don't forget the lions on shore? lol

I swear i've seen them all! Alligator lizards in the wood pile, Dragon flys swarming at night, and twice a mountain lion as i drove to the cabin! lol
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-30-2009, 6:39 PM Reply   
Robert,
The lake is down to 5%, they opened the damn and let it all out.
I hate when that happens!!!!
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-30-2009, 7:21 PM Reply   
Nice try! I'm heading down there. talked to a neighbor, its low but are lower ramp is still in the water so its not that bad! Glad its to low for you though! lol
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-30-2009, 8:24 PM Reply   
Lake level is at 30% and not closing. Relax guys...
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-01-2009, 8:19 AM Reply   
Yep, I was just down there this past weekend. The water level was at 29% but steadily declining. I was told that by July 15th the Oak Shores ramp will no longer be usable. Also, Las Tablas is nearly non existant as a party cove. There were people chilling in the narrows though.
Old     (calipackfan)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-01-2009, 5:37 PM Reply   
^^^^
Heard the same thing. Buddy with a house at Oak Shores says there's not much more time to launch there. ( week or two ) BUT.... still enough water to play. Also, Just got off the phone with someone at San Antonio, they shut down the North Shore Launch ramp, which was open a week ago when I was there. You can +Launch at the South shore, or the Southern #2 ramp at the north shore area. FWIW
Old     (bfnaci)      Join Date: Dec 2008       07-01-2009, 6:11 PM Reply   
Busted
Old     (mike3500)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-02-2009, 1:53 PM Reply   
Marc - I'm calling BS on your ugly San Antonio rumor.

Not really sure who you spoke to, but I just called the lake, and they said the Northshore ramp is open and never closed. Plus, they don't have plans on closing it at all. Oh yeah, the pumps are back at the marina.

If this was your attempt to keep the Naci folks out, sorry, but you scared the crap out of me. We have a trip coming up and I can't imagine launching at Southshore, and camping at Northshore. That would suck.
Old     (calipackfan)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-05-2009, 1:49 PM Reply   
Mike,

You misunderstood. At north shore, there are TWO Launch ramps. The only one open is the "south most" launch ramp at the NORTH SHORE.
the south shore one is open as well but of the two at north shore, only 1 is open. Just pulled in from the about an hour ago.
so BS that.
-have a nice day
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-05-2009, 3:07 PM Reply   
yes it is true. The water is draining now. Supposedly they need to finish the work they were doing and draining it almost completely.
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-05-2009, 7:08 PM Reply   
Yes they are letting water out. No the lake isn't closed, just got back from Naci and had a great time! Its low, watch for the hazard markers but still worth it for a local fun lake!
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-16-2009, 8:59 AM Reply   
Does anybody have an update on the status of the launch ramps, particularly Oak Shores? I'm trying to plan a trip for the first weekend in August, but am worried the Oak Shores ramp may no longer be usable. Last I heard, they were closing it on 7/15.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       07-16-2009, 5:08 PM Reply   
Someone post some pictures. I have never seen it that low. Pictures....please
Old     (mike3500)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-20-2009, 10:12 AM Reply   
Marc - my bad. I based my facts off of the retard who was working at the marina that day. I just got back from San Antonio, and it was at 43%. While fueling up at the marina, the guys were cranking the dock out (because they're draining so quickly). This guy said they are going to start draining 2ft/ day (is that even possible). He sounded like he knew what he was talking about. When we got there, the girl at the front said they're draining 1"/ day.

Still had a great time. Watch the markers though! The water level under one was 3.5 feet.