Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jboard1)      Join Date: Dec 2007       12-03-2011, 5:56 PM Reply   
Hello all,
Curious where if anyone knows where the drain pumps are on an 05 VLX? One of The drain pumps in my boat is not draining...when I turn it on, the fuse blows within seconds and will never drain. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

JF
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       12-03-2011, 7:48 PM Reply   
JF,
Yeah sounds like your pump has gone bad. You can replace it with the Attwood Tsunami 800 or the OEM Malibu Shurflo Piranha 800 Pump as they both have a 3/4" inlet and outlet.

Your drain pump is located under the floor toward the rear inside corner of the compartment. It is kind of a pain in the butt to change because 2005 was the only year that didn't have a small removable panel in the floor . You will need to find all of the screws in the floor and lift it up. It is easy but just takes some time.
Old     (jboard1)      Join Date: Dec 2007       12-04-2011, 12:02 PM Reply   
Thanks spencer. Appreciate the help. I will get a new pump and take a look into the back locker. I figured it would be a pain in the butt to find, but I'm sure I can manage it. Thanks again!