Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (selshahsamand)      Join Date: Jan 2014       03-06-2014, 3:22 PM Reply   
So I am going to this show. I was wondering are boards and accessories discounted at these boat shows or are they being sold at a premium? Sold my boat last year and sold my beginner stuff along with it. I got a new boat and looking for a intermediate wakeboard and surf board along with a rope for both. Should I consider buying there? THanks
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-06-2014, 3:42 PM Reply   
If its anything like our boat show there is very little gear at the show.
Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-06-2014, 3:58 PM Reply   
We went to Sac boat show last year (and are going again on Saturday this year), and also hit the SF boat show...yes, there are at least a couple shops which I believe will be there with some gear and sales. I've seen pics of the NorCal Hyperlite team setting up some stuff, and a Liquid Force display with product for sale as well. At SF boat show, there was a Ronix rep with a shop and some great gear on sale too so assuming they'll be there for Sac.

Selfish plug for the classifieds here on Wakeworld too...I and several others have some boards, binding, etc for sale so you might want to check out that as well if you don't mind buying used. I've got an 11 Ibex, 12 One Time Bomb and I know the guy selling the Watson Hybrid if you need a smaller board.
Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-06-2014, 4:11 PM Reply   
Found the pics I was thinking of, both taken as they were setting up at Sac boat show. Gives you at least an idea of what will be there and yes on sale...

Old     (selshahsamand)      Join Date: Jan 2014       03-06-2014, 7:09 PM Reply   
Thanks guys I am looking forward to it!
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       03-06-2014, 7:28 PM Reply   
I just left the show, had a good time and saw some sweet boats.
But I'm bummed there was not more accessories or gear there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       03-06-2014, 7:39 PM Reply   
I was hoping for cleaning supplies, electronics, other boat/trailer accessories and upgrades.
Stuff like that, this show is mostly about the boats themselves.

Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-06-2014, 7:45 PM Reply   
OP- yes the show is a great place to buy gear. Typically the 2013 gear will be marked at 40% off and the 2014 gear will be 15% off I believe. Some great deals to be had on package deals as well if you get there Friday or Saturday morning.

I'll be there all weekend starting tomorrow in the Liquid force section of the NorCal mastercraft area. Find me and I'll get you taken care of.

Old     (selshahsamand)      Join Date: Jan 2014       03-06-2014, 10:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanw209 View Post
OP- yes the show is a great place to buy gear. Typically the 2013 gear will be marked at 40% off and the 2014 gear will be 15% off I believe. Some great deals to be had on package deals as well if you get there Friday or Saturday morning.

I'll be there all weekend starting tomorrow in the Liquid force section of the NorCal mastercraft area. Find me and I'll get you taken care of.

I'll be there tomorrow after 5pm I will def be looking for you. Thanks I have a couple things I'm looking for new wakeboard, surfboard and rope. Thanks Ryan!
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-06-2014, 10:53 PM Reply   
Sounds good. See ya there

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-07-2014, 5:20 AM Reply   
guys please post "boat show special" pricing for those of us who can't make it....
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       03-07-2014, 7:01 AM Reply   
I went yesterday, but I didn't see any pricing listed on Mb's, or Malibu.
But from what I remember off the top of my head-
Well equipped G25 - boat show price of $143k
G23 - 117k
SC350 - 88k
X55 - 139k
X46 - 126k
Sanger v215 - 52k
Sanger v237 - 63k
Poorly equipped v226 - 69k
Tige ASR - 109k. What a pile of **** btw.
Tige z3 - 83k
Enzo 244 - 89k

Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       03-07-2014, 7:04 AM Reply   
The ASR has cheap ass 3528 white LEDs on the side beneath a vent, that shine on the side of the boat. Already falling off, and the boat is brand new.
Could have gone a much better route with the accent lighting on a 109k boat, than $4 worth of eBay LEDs stuck on there.
Very disappointed with that boat, especially if they are aiming their sites at the G series.
And I kind of like tige's line, but would never buy one because I hate where their cup holders are lol

Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-07-2014, 9:47 AM Reply   
Sanger's seem like a great boat for the price. They just don't have a good dealer base in the US as a whole.
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-07-2014, 10:13 AM Reply   
Ill be at the wakeroots booth all weekend. All 2014 is 25% off.
2013 and older is 50% off. Stop by and say whaddup.
Old     (selshahsamand)      Join Date: Jan 2014       03-07-2014, 10:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bschall View Post
Ill be at the wakeroots booth all weekend. All 2014 is 25% off.
2013 and older is 50% off. Stop by and say whaddup.
See you there!
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-07-2014, 11:00 PM Reply   
Sel, Hope you enjoy your new setup! Thanks again for stopping by the booth.. and I wasnt lying about if you ever needed a third! Enjoy.
Old     (selshahsamand)      Join Date: Jan 2014       03-07-2014, 11:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bschall View Post
Sel, Hope you enjoy your new setup! Thanks again for stopping by the booth.. and I wasnt lying about if you ever needed a third! Enjoy.
Thanks Broc appreciate the help! And def will let you know once this river clears up!
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-08-2014, 8:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexasBoy View Post
Sanger's seem like a great boat for the price. They just don't have a good dealer base in the US as a whole.
I was checking them out this round, their interior setup is really nice IMO. I didn't like their free board or their dashes. But I do like the gauges they use. I hope Sanger comes out with a new model soon, I have always liked the brand and been close to getting one every time I've bought a boat.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       03-08-2014, 11:02 AM Reply   
That is the only thing I don't like about my v215, the freeboard. Not because I need it because I "slam it for a killer wake" but because I like the storage, and like the extra height if needed.
What I don't understand is why people buy MB over sanger, when in the same price range I feel sanger is a much better boat imo

Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       03-09-2014, 7:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmorlan View Post
That is the only thing I don't like about my v215, the freeboard. Not because I need it because I "slam it for a killer wake" but because I like the storage, and like the extra height if needed.
What I don't understand is why people buy MB over sanger, when in the same price range I feel sanger is a much better boat imo

must be the wood stringers?
Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-09-2014, 12:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by selshahsamand View Post
Thanks Broc appreciate the help! And def will let you know once this river clears up!
Cool! So what setup did you get?
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-09-2014, 1:43 PM Reply   
Anyone snap pics while they were there?
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-09-2014, 1:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmorlan View Post

Because the wakes are really good (F21 is dummy proof to get a great wake), the ballast fills and drains in about 90 seconds, great steering response, interiors are nice and roomy (although seat backs are a little shallow due to hard tanks), hulls are solid in blown out conditions, and surf wakes are really good. That's about it for why people like them. I've ridden in 3 MB's. Sanger makes a really good boat as well, love how plush their interiors are. Just no dealers in Texas or if there is there's no inventory of Sangers.
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-09-2014, 2:01 PM Reply   
Any pictures of the boats?
Old     (selshahsamand)      Join Date: Jan 2014       03-09-2014, 8:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleAxis View Post
Cool! So what setup did you get?
Ronix Parks ATR 2013 board with VIVA boots. Cant wait to try it out.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       03-09-2014, 8:46 PM Reply   
What did it run you at the show price?

Old     (selshahsamand)      Join Date: Jan 2014       03-10-2014, 11:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorlan View Post
what did it run you at the show price?

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       03-10-2014, 11:53 AM Reply   
J.wally morlan your stereo is siiiick bro!
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-10-2014, 1:49 PM Reply   
This boat show was awesome. Every brand had great boats for 2014. Everyone stepped it up

Also, J.mo never even got inside the ASR. Thursday was slow enough that I remember all the families who actually got in and checked it out. A lot of people were stoked on the boat, even most sceptics.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-10-2014, 2:11 PM Reply   
Besides the boats in my booth, I was super impressed with the G21 in the nautique booth, and the Malibu at the gate was a great looking boat.
What were your guys' favorite boats of the show? (Try to remove bias)
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       03-10-2014, 2:29 PM Reply   
J morlan went full Wally, never go full Wally!