Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (nwryder84)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-05-2015, 6:43 PM Reply   
Just moved to Peoria, Az. Know Pleasant is close but down to travel to sorrounding lakes. Intermediate/advanced rider, gas $ in hand, good driver and respect your boat like it's my own. Weather is getting in the 80's this weekend, that's riding temp to me! Available on weekends and don't mind waking up early if that's how you roll.
Eric
530 966 5462
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-05-2015, 9:17 PM Reply   
here you go my friend, post up in this thread.
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...792479&page=10

enjoy AZ.... i sure miss it.
Old     (Orange)      Join Date: Jun 2012       02-06-2015, 9:20 AM Reply   
Pleasant isn't always the best for wakeboarding though it is closer to you. Being shaped more like a giant bowl, there isn't much shoreline to knock down chop so you don't see as much glass as other Phoenix lakes. Pleasant can still be good if it doesn't get too crowded and you can grab one of the good covers. From where you are Bartlett might be your best combo of smooth water and proximity.

In addition the link above, there also is a Meetup group called something like the AZ Wakeboarders club you can search for. It's a collection of random people that are looking for riders to join their boat or are like you looking for boats to join. It sounds kind of dorky, but I used it a few times 3-4 years ago to find a ride and it worked well. Winter I saw a higher mix of average and above riders. Summers had some beginners or just girls using it to meet dudes. If you don't like riding with beginners, go a few times anyway to collect phone numbers from riders you do like. Your post here will probably work too.
Old     (nwryder84)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-06-2015, 11:52 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info guys. I'll check out the meet up page too. I did one down south and it was weird, but i'll give anything a shot once or twice. A day on the lake is a day on the lake right? Saw the Az thread, just didn't know if things would get lost in the length of it, so I threw this one up. Pleasant looks like a weekday evening type of lake or early mornings in and out. Like I said, I'm down to drive to pleasant, bartlett, canyon, apache, saguaro... it's up to the boat owner. Looking forward to making some contacts out here, looks like a good scene.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-06-2015, 11:56 AM Reply   
Good guys in that az thread. Itll pick up as it warms up, just stay active