Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (pipeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-29-2014, 7:44 AM Reply   
i know it's raining today and tomorrow so this weekend is prolly a no go for most, but if there is anybody out there still riding during the winter id love to get a pull if you have room and dont mind.

my crew just isnt as into it as i am and i cant get anybody to go out on my boat since it got colder.

im good for gas, clean, beer for you if you like (i dont drink much) and can drive.

it's been quite some time since i've been out and it's killin me!

seven 1 four 420 four 3 nine 7

G
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-30-2014, 12:06 PM Reply   
We ride usually all winter. I am out of Orwood. This month though I am busy. I am going to install complete added ballast to my 2014 MB 23wb. I will be back out in January. I will keep you posted. We board about 80% and surf the rest. We are slowly switching over to surfing. That is why I am adding a lot of ballast.
Old     (GoneBoatN)      Join Date: Jun 2014       12-01-2014, 8:46 PM Reply   
Greg,

I plan on going all winter this year. In fact I was out the weekend before last with my boat. The weather forecast for this weekend is looking pretty decent. Let me know if you are interested in wakeboarding this Saturday? We'll need to find a 3rd; there are a couple people I can try to see if they are available for Saturday. I launch out of Orwood.

Marty

Last edited by GoneBoatN; 12-01-2014 at 8:48 PM. Reason: because
Old     (pipeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2003       12-01-2014, 10:50 PM Reply   
sure thing, im down to go out this saturday! if you can get a third then im in

G
Old     (GoneBoatN)      Join Date: Jun 2014       12-02-2014, 7:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipeboarder View Post

G
OK. Chances are good that I will find a third. I'll get back to you.
Old     (GoneBoatN)      Join Date: Jun 2014       12-02-2014, 7:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipeboarder View Post

G
Could not find other riders for Saturday. However we're going out Sunday. Launching from Orwood at 10:30am. Let me know if you want to join us. I sent a txt message to your cell. Txt'ing works better for me as sometimes I don't check wakeworld all that often.
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       12-04-2014, 5:13 PM Reply   
I got all my ballast stuff. If i get it all plumbed this weekend. I will be on the water on the 20th for sure testing it out.
Old     (pipeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2003       12-05-2014, 7:00 PM Reply   
is that an invite? if so im down!
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       12-05-2014, 8:06 PM Reply   
I will keep everyone posted. I only have tomorrow to do ballast system and I am doing by myself. Dont know if I can complete it.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       12-07-2014, 11:56 AM Reply   
I've actually been meaning to post a similar thread. I'm down in Discovery bay like 2-3 times a year for about a week at a time while my wife visits family. Anyone be willing to give me a pull (surfing preferably) while I'm down there? Just got back from there for the Thanksgiving weekend, but should be back down in the spring. Sure would be a nice change of pace for me to get out rather than just sitting around my in-laws house BSing.
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       12-07-2014, 12:55 PM Reply   
Definitely hit me up when you are in town. We are starting to switch more to surfing. Our boat throws a monster surf wave. You can friend me on Facebook probably easier to make contact with me there.
Don Christman
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       12-19-2014, 7:38 AM Reply   
to keep everyone posted. I finished my ballast system yesterday. I just need to test it out. Right now Orwood ramp is closed. I don't know if i will get out this weekend.
Old     (GoneBoatN)      Join Date: Jun 2014       12-21-2014, 7:38 PM Reply   
I was at Orwood today to pick up my stuff before heading to the Discovery Bay ramp. Stopped at the restaurant and asked about the ramp. They said that they were going to have the ramp open starting tomorrow. They had their inlet section clear of the hyacinth but it was blocked at the far end. You could call the restaurant to check if the ramp is open.
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       12-25-2014, 6:49 AM Reply   
Orwood ramp is open. Got the boat in the water on 12-23 tuesday. only on the ramp though. All ballast tested good. I have a crew going out on Saturday. After that i will be open. Probably have room if we go on 1-3-14. I will keep you posted
Attached Images