Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (hyprlightborder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-24-2004, 11:14 AM Reply   
I am looking for a new pair of bindings to buy and i wanted to get some advice from anyone. I have the CWB MOBE bindings and after i am riding for awhile my feet start to get sore and hurt. They are the right size and everything, they're just not comfortable. I was considering the Collective Developement Randall bindings but i havent heard much about them except for they're supposed to be very comfortable. If you have ne suggestions please help me out here. Thanks

(Message edited by hyprlightborder on October 24, 2004)
Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       10-24-2004, 5:05 PM Reply   
I have liquid force sphynx bindings... They are my all time favorite i LOVEEEE them!!! So so comfy def check them out!!!
Old                10-25-2004, 9:31 AM Reply   
Don't know much about the CDR bindings, but I recently switched from HL splits to LF Alphas and I love the Alphas.... so comfy and not as expensive as the sphynx
Old     (leshella)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-25-2004, 11:30 AM Reply   
i HATE my hl splits (personally i think hl's bindings are horrible) hoping to get either the collective development AS02's or PS01's. we shall see!
Old     (leshella)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-25-2004, 11:38 AM Reply   
carrie--have you riding in the cd bindings? they are THE MOST comfy binding you'll ever ride in. the foot bed couldn't get anymore perfect and the lace-up are great. just don't tie too tight. but yeah, check them out. hopefully i'll get mine sooooooon!
Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-25-2004, 3:09 PM Reply   
When I got my last bindings, I must have tried on about 20 pairs of bindings. The only ones I could get to fit my feet were the Obrien Exit 13's. Not what I was planning to get, but nothing else fit. Most of the time they are fine, but they tighten up in cold water and then start hurting after 15 minutes.
Old     (jennifer)      Join Date: May 2002       10-25-2004, 5:45 PM Reply   
I have the minxs. The '04's were comfy, but lots of flaws. They fixed everything up for '05, and the '05s look sweeet. I just sent my 04s in because of warrenty and there sending 05s.

I had the CWB Torq's and I hated them. My feet went numb pretty quick. CWB's footbeds arn't too snug.

Im not to sure about those CD's...they just look too snowboard-ish. But I have heard they are comfy. You never really know though till you try them on yourself.
Old     (nautiquechick04)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-26-2004, 12:53 AM Reply   
I have the HL Parks and I love them! I tried several pair of bindings before them, but these are my favorites. They are super comfy never hurt my feet and easy to get in and out of. The best part for me was they hold my heels down, something my other bindings didn't do very well.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-26-2004, 7:17 AM Reply   
I mainly ride my 2000 Hyperlite Highbacks and I love them. I don't think the new ones are as comfortable as my old ones, they are just used and loved. I also have 2003 Hyperlite Spins and Blindside Torques. I use them on my other boards. I just haven't taken the time to break them in like my highbacks.

(Message edited by tcluv85 on October 26, 2004)
Old                10-27-2004, 7:49 AM Reply   
I have the Parks and they are super comfy. I think when I go to get anything else I'm going to look at LF. They seem to be the only ones right now that are taking women's gear seriously and I want to throw some money that way to support that thinking. I borrowed some alphas one time and they were pretty cozy.

(Message edited by indywakechica on October 27, 2004)
Old     (suprarider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-27-2004, 9:50 AM Reply   
I just upgraded from the Belmonts to the 05 Sphynx, which are the most comfortable bindings that I have ever tried. I originally ordered the Minx but hated the pink. They also look rad on my 04 Absolute Plat.
Old     (fifitrixabelle)      Join Date: May 2004       10-27-2004, 12:16 PM Reply   
Alpha's... Love them better than the ultra's I could not get off my feet.
Old     (leshella)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-29-2004, 10:27 AM Reply   
fyi. i just emailed collective development, and they are NOT going out of business, BUT is it for sale.
Old     (leshella)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-29-2004, 10:30 AM Reply   
oops! i meant to post this is the wakeboarding 'boots' section. sorry girls
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-29-2004, 3:48 PM Reply   
Hi ladies, I just wanted to share an experience I had with a female customer. She came in looking for the LF Minx, dead set on the womens binding. After trying all sizes she couldn't feel comfortable and they just didn't fit. Just for kicks I had her try on the 2004 CWB Boss, she almost fell over. They were much more comfy than the LF's and way easier to get into. Obviously try before you buy, but make sure you have an open mind when doing so.
Old     (bec)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-31-2004, 12:32 PM Reply   
I ride in the LF exos, they are so comfy, i could ride in them all day. I highly recomend them!
Old     (hyprlightborder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-31-2004, 2:59 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the responces. I think i will go down to Cope and McPheaters and start trying on a few of these bindings you all mentioned. Im thinkin i will be headed right for the LF ones first.
any more suggestions on anything would be great !
thanks
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-01-2004, 6:21 AM Reply   
Definately demo the stuff. Cope's and UItimate have a fair amount of demo stuff already.
Old     (jakesnyder)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-01-2004, 12:53 PM Reply   
sometimes you can make the bindings that you have fit by making some adjustments. I always sit in hot water from the bathtub for 15 minutes or so whenever I feel a "hot spot" on my foot from the bindings. Good luck with you binding search.
Old                11-01-2004, 8:57 PM Reply   
Currently I have two different boards. One is a 04 CWB Absolute with CWB Boss bindings and my second board is a 04 131 Belmont with Temet Bindings. I love both boards and both bindings. If you can demo bindings before I would suggest doing this. If you have to stretch your bindings I suggest a hot bath and not a hot tub ... chlorine and chemicals break down the binding material!
Old                12-01-2004, 8:31 AM Reply   
I have the 2003 Liquid Force Exo bindings and I hate them! They are the most uncomfortable things ever. I have a really hard time getting in and out of them. And they rub my ankles.
Old                12-01-2004, 2:45 PM Reply   
i ride w/ the LF alphas now and have new sphinx on order.
i tried about 5 diff bindings last year and those were the only 2 worth talking about
Old     (wakeboardqueen)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-16-2005, 9:26 AM Reply   
LF element
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-16-2005, 6:36 PM Reply   
Erin - what year are your elements? I looked at them at the boat show yesterday and I really like them. They look super comfy.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-16-2005, 7:41 PM Reply   
if i'm not mistaken, all elements are '05s.
Old     (ashly)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-16-2005, 7:41 PM Reply   
PARKS
Old     (wakeboardqueen)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-17-2005, 9:48 AM Reply   
Yah mine are O5 but i havent got 2 ride in them yet cause i just got them on saturday:-( and i got a new diva ..and it sits in my room ...and i look out my window and see the lake :'( (sorry for the outburst lol its torture!)
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-17-2005, 9:50 AM Reply   
Erin thanks for replying....when you go ride them, can you report back?

I was looking at the Elements this weekend at the boat show. They look super comfy, but I am little concerned about the support though.
Old     (wakeboardqueen)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-17-2005, 10:11 AM Reply   
Yah i have 2 wait till like .....april march im gonna die
Old                01-17-2005, 11:11 AM Reply   
If you like the comfort of the Elements, but are worried about support, you should check out the LF Alphas or Minx. The Minx are women-specific and are awesome, but tend to be spendy. If you want something more affordable with the same amount of support and comfort, I would highly recommend the Alphas. You can't beat the price for such a great binding.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-17-2005, 11:27 AM Reply   
Here is what I wish, that some shops in my area did a demo day at the lake. You know similar to skiing and snowboarding equipment up on the mountain where you don't have to commit to buying anything, but you get to test out the latest technology for a small fee.

Here is my dilemma, I love my 2000 Highbacks, but they are getting old and I know that if I don't retire them soon they are going to break and I am going to be sad and without bindings. So I rode my friends bindings last year and I liked them, so I got the same pair. Not the same, took them off the board after the 4th time of riding of them. So when I got my new board, I listened to the salesman and I got what he recommended, not good either. So I have my 2000 highbacks on my new board and I like it, but I still know that the little tear in my bindings is going to continue to grow and I should be looking around.

If anyone wants bindings...I got them (one I only tried on in water at home, the other set gently used four times).

I like the elements and the boat show did have a good deal on them (and a package with Diva board also).

What should I do?
Old     (addictedchick)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-02-2005, 9:39 PM Reply   
I wear the new hyperlite vargas and I love them but my friend likes bindings that sit highr on the calf for more ankle support. It really depends on whether you have bad ankles or not. Plus if you're not really tall (i'm 5'2'') the vargas actually sit relatively high and give pretty good support. Plus they're pretty with a little butterfly. If you're gonna buy- winter is the best time cuz everyone has off season sales.
You really need to try your bindings on before you buy because you want them to be snug but you should be able to slip your foot right in with some lube. :-)
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-19-2005, 3:44 PM Reply   
I have the same problem with bindings that sit too high. I am 5'0" and every pair of bindings I try on is too tight on my calves so I have to keep them loose which means half the time, the straps don't close. My other problmem is finding bindings that don't squeeze my feet and make my toes fall asleep.

I have settled on the Hyperlite Splits but they are still a bit tight. Everyone keeps saying they will stretch with more wear... let's hope so. I have often wanted to try the Hyperlite Vargas but I can't stand spending more money. Plus they match my board (BS Flower 134).

Are there any other women's bindings out there that are low cut like the Vargas?

Another question.. how many of you feel that matching your bindings and board is important?

One last question... several of you mentioned putting your bindings in the hot bath tub, is that with your feet IN THEM so that they stretch to your feet or is it good enough just to have them in the hot water?
Old                04-19-2005, 3:55 PM Reply   
Renee, when you soak your bindings in a hot bath you want your feet in them. This way they will actually mold a little to the shape of your foot. Do it a few times and you should be set.
As for bindings matching boards - of course it looks good when everything matches, but the most important thing (to me) is the comfort and function of the bindings.
Good luck with your bindings! Nothing is worse than when your feet fall asleep while you are riding - I've had that problem before.