Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old                08-30-2006, 2:43 PM Reply   
Please help! I am looking to buy a new board and am not sure what size I should be getting and unfortunately the shop I went to wasn't much help. I am about 5'6" 125lbs. I am also trying to decide between LF angel and LF cadence. Any suggestions???? I am used to riding a boy's board that is WAY too big for me..... Definitely time to get my own!
Thanks so much!
Old     (paolad)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-31-2006, 8:52 AM Reply   
I'm 5'3 and 140lbs. and ride a CWB Pure 135. And I have other girlfriends who are taller about the same weight or less that ride the same length. Do any of the shops by you, let you demo?? Or see when GLTR is coming by your area to test their gear.
Old     (thegirl)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-31-2006, 9:12 AM Reply   
I'm 5'6" and (oh do I HAVE to say?) 145 lbs. My board is a 135 HO Revelation, an older board, but it seems to work well for me. If you can, try out some of your friends who ride and see how their boards feel.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-02-2006, 9:36 AM Reply   
IT depends on your skill level and what you like in a board. I really like the Cadence. Its not a very fast board but its not slow either and it has lots of pop with soft landings. Id recomment the 134. Another gilr asked about these boards in the forum. You can check that thread out to see about differences between the boards. As for size, Id say go with a 134
Old     (nhu1978)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-17-2006, 10:16 AM Reply   
I'm an intermediate skateboarder/snowboarder. I just went wakeboarding for the first time a few days ago and loved it! I used one of my guy buddy's board, which is a cwb 140. It felt alright to me but i'm not sure what size "I should ride?" I'm 5'3" and 112lbs. I got up on my second try and rode around carving over the wakes. (little wakes mind you) :-) Should I get a 124 or go bigger? I want to learn 180s and grabs, so I want a board that will grow with me. Please help, thanks a lot!
Old     (wakegenie)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-17-2006, 11:58 AM Reply   
nhu fryhover I'd go bigger if I were you because if you look at the weight rangers for some 124 boards like the cwb bella or the LF nemesis the weight range for them is only up to 110 If you already weigh 112 then your going to already be a little big for it and will only grow out of it more. I weigh around 114 and I ride a 134 length board and love it. It's really easy to control and edge with. Go for a 130-134 length board and if you need ideas go on board wizard (it helped me with finding my current board which I like soooo much better than the old one) www.wakeworld.com/Wizard/Boards.asp

(Message edited by wakegenie on September 17, 2006)
Old     (nhu1978)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-17-2006, 10:19 PM Reply   
thanks wake genie! i found a board and actually bought it earlier that day. i got the lotus 131 by cwb with the torq hinge bindings. i can't wait to ride this weekend!!!!
Old     (wakegrl2109)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-02-2006, 8:06 PM Reply   
Are you a beginner or a good rider. I think that a 131 might end up being to small when you start doing tricks, if you dont already
Old     (sexynakedboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-02-2006, 10:57 PM Reply   
i like the 134's they work great for me im 5 7 and about 140..
Old     (dubaisunshine)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-03-2006, 3:05 AM Reply   
Hi Katie, check out the thread I started from 22nd August: "LF Diva 128 vs Angel 130 vs Cadence 131". It helped me a lot and I finally bought the Angel which I really love, especially with the Minx Binding - what a relief it was to FINALLY fit in those boots - before all the guys bindings where just ridiculously big. I live and ride in Dubai and share the baord with 2 of my friends with same binding size. I'm same height and weight like you, and so far I guess I'm beginner/intermediate (I do surface 180, 360, switches, olis etc but no high jumps). Here a photo of me and my friend after the 2nd time with our new board - LOVING IT!! Upload