Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-11-2005, 9:49 AM Reply   
What do you girls do besides wakeboarding? What are your hobbies. occupations?
As for me, Im studying to become a graphic designer and I love to bead! i make beaded jewelry that I sell. i will have my site up soon so you can visit and check out my stuff.
Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       12-11-2005, 4:59 PM Reply   
I am getting my bachelors in biological sciences and going to school to become a paramedic. Other than wakeboarding i'm either with my friends, at the gym (except recently i've been a huge slacker, agh), studying/homework, or at school. LOL. That's cool that you make beaded jewelry i'm not very artistic haha, it seems like i used to be and then one day my brain forgot how to do that kind of stuff. Oh well.
Old     (jenw2w)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-11-2005, 9:53 PM Reply   
I ride horses, showjumpers.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-11-2005, 11:33 PM Reply   
I am an OR RN..charge nurse in the OR for Urology. Been doing it for 21 years. In my spare time I am a mom to a 27 year old getting her Masters then PhD and a 10 year old son.

Cristina I went to an Indian nursing school in Pablo, Montana and learned beading there. Beaded my stethescope!!

Jenny I can't believe your profile!! I used to live in Kalispell and my daughter and I used to show hunters. Your horse looks like my warmblood from Holland. I will e-mail you.

Nicole...time to sign up for Schwennes camp girlfriend. Session #2!!! How's school?
Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       12-12-2005, 8:53 AM Reply   
I totally would except for the fact that i don't know if i will be done with my internship yet and since i will be so busy with my internship i don't know how much money i will have! So it looks like i will have to wait until next year. You better come to the delta some other time though so we can ride!

School is CRAZY. I will be done with the class portion Jan 24 and then i immediately start my clinicals in a hospital for 160hrs and then after i complete that i move on to the ambulance and do an internship there for 480-720 hrs. I can't believe i am so close to be done with my didactic portion, it seems like i just started!!
Old                12-12-2005, 12:05 PM Reply   
People do things other than wakeboard?? Haha. I skate (longboard) a little. But mainly I just work ...I run a wakeboarding pro shop, and run around with my boyfriend.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-12-2005, 6:09 PM Reply   
Heres a little of what I do... My Jewelry is the one the model is wearing. This is a local mag for women, kind of like a Glamour but without all the sex stuff. I think tomorrow I will have my site up.. Ill let you know!
mag
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       12-13-2005, 8:38 AM Reply   
Thats awesome Cristina. I snowboard during the winter months. Would rather live where it is warm year round to wakeboard, but oh well :-)
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       12-13-2005, 9:39 AM Reply   
How exactly do you pronounce the name of that magazine?

Old                12-13-2005, 1:33 PM Reply   
Hoar? Hahaha. I'm a rep for a couple electrical maufacturers. When not riding I like to hunt, fish, ride motorcycles, sew and most of all chill w/ my hunnie. But now that I'm prego I'm out for riding next season
Old     (kristin)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-13-2005, 2:58 PM Reply   
I also do the horse thing...there's a picture of me and my pretty girl in my profile. Snowboard in the winter and play fastpitch in the summer.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-13-2005, 3:04 PM Reply   
hahahah OMG that's so funny Xgirl.
Old                12-13-2005, 3:38 PM Reply   
I just finished graduate school this past summer, and I am looking for a teaching position for the Spring. I also play the guitar, and I work for an independent record label.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-13-2005, 8:39 PM Reply   
Hoar! hahahaha nice name for a mag.... no, its actually called Hogar, which means Home. Its Ho with a silent H and it sounds like the a in awesome, and gar like the gar in garfield.. so it would be something like Aw-gar
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-14-2005, 9:19 PM Reply   
I am a manager for an IT management consulting firm. I wakeboard year round (Northwest Hardcore Crew), wakesurf, snowboard, mountain bike, rollerblade, and, many hours has a computer geek (addict). I also recently learned to knit. Since I travel about 100,000 airmiles a year to client sites, I decided I needed something to do on the plane besides work, sleep and read, so I am learning to knit.

Another passion I have is for Broadway shows. If you like Broadway musicals, see Wicked!. It just started touring. http://www.wickedthemusical.com/
Old     (wake4fun)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-17-2005, 4:08 PM Reply   
I also have a horse than I am learning to ride...grew up with horses and got back into it 2 years ago. My brat is a halter bred Quarter Horse but I am just using her for pleasure and trail. I also slalom ski on the course which is a huge challenge. I wakeboard when I don't want to think anymore.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-17-2005, 4:25 PM Reply   
so you are saying that wakeboarding is a brainless, mindless sport that doesn't require any thinking or brains??
Old     (wake4fun)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-20-2005, 10:11 AM Reply   
Not at all...it is just easier on my brain after slalom skiing which requires me to think a lot and at a faster speed. I can go out on my wakeboard and be me, take my time do different stuff, mess around. It is very difficult to mess around at 34 mph shortline on a slalom ski. Fear factor is higher for me on my ski.
Old                12-25-2005, 11:19 AM Reply   
I got a Dirt Bike a while ago and so thats what I do in the Winter when ever I can't go wakeboarding we have trails by our house boys tell me its weird a girl rideing they say its really uncommon and they tell me I'm the only girl they know that Dirt Bikes so if you girls ever get a chance to ride a dirt bike go for it show the boys girls can ride too!!!!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-27-2005, 7:26 PM Reply   
christy...just mess'in with ya!!!
Old     (gypsy12)      Join Date: Apr 2004       12-28-2005, 10:47 AM Reply   
I'm a Radiologic Technologist at a childrens' hospital, and I've been having fun singing with friends' bands lately. Gonna take a beginning piano class and a voice class in January, and I like to write creatively sometimes. I also wakeboard all year, but not as much in the winter. And I'm planning a trip to Turkey in May!

Cristina, thanks for starting the post. I've enjoyed reading about what everyone does!
Old                12-28-2005, 10:51 AM Reply   
Well...I wakesurf.

Really, I go to school. Eventually, I would like to get accepted to a Med School on the East Coast. Fortunately, I don't have to have a job (yeah, I'm pretty lucky) since Tim is in the Navy.

Other than that, I show two Weimaraners, and soon, I get to start riding horses again. That's about it.

I definitely agree with Tara. It's very interesting to hear about what people do outside of wakeboarding.

-jesi
Old     (shewakes)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-03-2006, 8:04 AM Reply   
I have an office job during the day and bartend at night. Usually on the weekends I ride dirtbikes especially during the winter time.
Old     (hypo303)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-03-2006, 8:50 AM Reply   
I stay at home and take care of my 2 kids.
I also babysit my nephew. I workout and I am getting back into skateboarding. I used to snowboard haven't been in 2yrs. wendi
Old     (wakeboardqueen)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-07-2006, 6:46 PM Reply   
I ride horses ( eventing ) and I run track 1 mile 2 mile ...and i go on misson trips with my chruch.
Old                01-16-2006, 6:30 PM Reply   
I sell homes for a local builder and bartend one or two nights a week. I just started the dayjob though, and it's totally cutting into my wakeboarding time... it may have to go. (cause I do live somewhere that you can wakeboard year-round) I also do a good bit of art when I have the time, but my main project is the clothing line I'm trying to start. Y'all check it out!! www.akinz.com (by the way, that was a shameless plug) :-) ha
Old                01-30-2006, 4:11 PM Reply   
Besides wakeboarding I love To work out, run, cook, and I am really into eating healthy. I also am going to school to be a raidoloigist.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-30-2006, 7:42 PM Reply   
Hey girls! I finally got my site up.. go check it out, its www.cabisuteria.com
Bisuteria is fashion jewelry in spanish.
Tell me what you think!
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-04-2006, 10:38 PM Reply   
I am a speech-language pathologist in the schools (gotta love those school hours and breaks). In the winter I love to snowboard.

Cris, I like the jewelry! Nice site!!
Old     (xtremebordgurl)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-07-2006, 11:56 AM Reply   
Snowboard a little bit, surf a little bit more, summer time I really enjoy just getting out and doing stuff with friends, kayaking, biking, hiking, also wakeskating, but wakeboarding defenitly is top priority. Right now I'm working at a fine dinig restraunt doing all of their table side prep which has got me really into cooking.